1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 3:50 AM by indy56 Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

I know saw it yesterday, but i still don't agree with it, I hoping it stays untill they relese the map pack for non premium, sure I said this in my first post on frontpage?

• 76. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    maccabi

TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

I know saw it yesterday, but i still don't agree with it.

see thats your jaded yahoo answers addiction rearing its ugly head

im just pissed as i cant use my new super l33t [mlg] 1TzxxXXXzzzzzzzztryhardzzzzzzzzXXXxxx gt on the new maps now

*disclaimer name of actual gt has been changed to protect the innocent

• 77. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

jimbodredd wrote:

My god there's so many stupid people and comments in this thread.

Clint and the OP and the others who are raging on this are correct. Me and my girlfriend also discovered last night that this dlc content is locked to the Elite account only and were very disappointed. You can play split-screen as long as the Elite account leads into the playlist.

The locking out of this DLC to only the Elite account, on the console it was downloaded on is disgusting and sets a new low for DLC/Map pack distribution.

Those of you supporting Activision/IW in this are either unaffected, stupid, or don't know or understand how XBox live dlc DRM has worked in the past. All my family can solo play previous map packs we have purchased, whether its, Halo 3, Reach, MW, MW2, WaW, Gears 1, 2 AND 3. All on the same console.

I can honestly say that I only bought Elite to get future DLC for me AND my family - that play on my console - for a fair price.

We are talking about people who have paid for the game, Elite subscription or online pass AND their own and other members of their families XBox Live gold account.

Don't forget that CoD makes its money - and then some - at retail. It appears that this is not enough for the likes of Activision...

Why do people have such a sense of entitlement? I'm sure founder camo, title and emblems were not made available across a console so why would the DLC be?

I support what Activision/IW have done, yes I'm unaffected, but I'm not stupid and I understand perfectly how DLC worked in the past but Elite Premium isn't just DLC it's a service that you pay extra for, when you brought premium you brought it for 1 account not 1 Xbox.

Maybe you should have done a bit more consumer research or contacted Activision/Beachhead before you spent your well earned money, I'm sure they would have told you this

Of course CoD makes money, if it didn't would they still make it? No!

I did plenty of research, thanks - and my purchase of the Hardened edition at launch was based on the information provided by Bowling/IW/Activision et al. Knowing what I know now I should have bought the game pre-owned or standard edition at a supermarket for half the price.

I can understand all Premium features not being per console.

It has nothing to do with me having a sense of entitlement. One of the selling points of Elite was that premium members get dlc included, which works out being cheaper than buying it all seperately. For people like me with families that like to play CoD together it "appeared" to be a sensible choice to make.

You are not affected. I suspect the majority of people who don't give a hoot about this are not affected either.

The industries attitude to dlc, subscription models, online passes etc is not moving in a direction that is in the gamers interest. I appreciate the industry needs to make money, but some companies just seem to be milking things for all they can.

One day you may find you are afffected by something like this. In the meantime it would not do you any harm to show solidarity with your fellow gamers who are having issues with it rather than your "I'm alright jack" attitude which you pointlessly re-iterate.

• 78. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

you won't change my view, and I won't change yours so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

@Mac my guess is elite lock was intentional the license agreement was just MS being lazy

• 79. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    maccabi

TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

you won't change my view, and I won't change yours so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

@Mac my guess is elite lock was intentional the license agreement was just MS being lazy

nope someone in actitowers has def screwed up that much is now certain, like i said no one actually knows if the lock is perm or removed once the dlc (4maps) hits..as dlc isnt supposed to be gt locked only console locked (its part of xbls rules and regs)

• 80. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

Well in that case I stand corrected, but still stand by what I said, and believe it should be locked.

• 81. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

maccabi wrote:

TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

nope someone in actitowers has def screwed up that much is now certain, like i said no one actually knows if the lock is perm or removed once the dlc (4maps) hits..as dlc isnt supposed to be gt locked only console locked (its part of xbls rules and regs)

Hi Maccabi, can you point us to a source? I do believe you, but I've been looking for an official comment on this whilst whinging about activision all day and not seen anything official out on the interwebs yet. Cheers.

• 82. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    callmehi

If you’re having a problem using features or content associated with a Call of Duty ELITE subscription, it may be due to one of the following issues:

• You are not a subscriber to the Call of Duty ELITE service.
    • You have not created or linked your Call of Duty ELITE subscription to an Activision Call of Duty account.
    • You are trying to use Call of Duty ELITE features or content on an account other than the Call of Duty ELITE subscriber gamertag.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/call-of-duty/call-of-duty-elite-content

• 83. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    maccabi

well update from actvi.... we been conned yet again dlc is locked to the gt associated with elite, and they dont know if the lock will be removed when the actual dlc hits in march

• 84. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

shonk wrote:

I suspect its even worse

what happens when elite runs out next year

I bet the dlc will no longer work for you either

so its a rental not you get all dlc packs

The maps are yours to keep even if you cancel Elite next year. It even says that on the main page.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next