24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 11:20 AM by mischaelite RSS

PS3 Update (today)

Well I don't know what the update did, but one thing it hasn't done IS FIX THE ******* MICS!!!!

• Re: PS3 Update (today)

The mics are fine.  They people you are talking to just have crap quality mics.  This issue was fixed along time ago.

Sorry but I have the Sony mic and the quality is shite. Totally fine on all my other games!

i also have a turtle beach and so do all of the people i play with which work fine on every other game yet not on  cod so it really isnt just crap quality mics.

This issue is nowhere near fixed Nick. Me and many of my friends use turtle beach Px21's or PX3's. Decent enough headsets and the chat quality in the lobbies at least is shocking. In game it's better, but for me COD lobbies have always had terrible comms, just this time around it almost makes talking in the lobby impossible.

Anybody know if this latest update has fixed teh problem with only getting 9 into a private server? I used to be able to host 15 or 16 easy, but now i cant get more than 9 in.

the MIC get fixt in the next patch

anthony.bardsley

they have got to change the quality of chatting to people i know on gran torismo 5 you can change it to low very low high and very high theis i would guess is very low and they need this to be sorted as it does get annoying

I have Astro A40s and sometimes people in my party can't understand me.  This isn't a hardware issue.

jamesWHUFC

Yeah i'm in agreement that is not MIC's.

I Have turtle Beach px5's and they are terrible in this game!

We didn't get the update yet. It was DELAYED.

The Xbox 360 update is the only one that has been released so far. Not surprising that PS3 players get shafted again.

They claim it's because PS3 patch had some exclusive fixes and those delayed it, but I don't buy it. The 360 didn't just happen to be ready the same exact moment the DLC came out. No, it was ready and waiting before that. Also, someone said that PS3 certification process is faster than 360s.

So yeah, more bullshit.

aaces101

Can anyone confirm whether or not Xbox has problms with their mics as well? You know for all you complainers, this is what you should be complaining about. Something that basically makes it impossible to effectively coordinate a good stradegy with teamates in-game is a serious problem. I honestly don't understand it. We're in the year 2012, with technology out the wazooo, and they can't get the mic system worked out?

TheBeastlyDude

You all also should remember that once Activision has finished the patch, they have to give it to Sony to test out before they release it. This may be the delay they are talking about. And if I remember correctly, PS3 had a few patches that were released before XBOX had the patches and yet not one of you complained about that. Just take a chill pill and be patient, it's coming soon. Start complaining when it's been an actual week or two since they got the patch and we didn't.

royalgard

Stiker is NERFED (6 Pellets)
    All other shootguns are BUFFED

Lag Compensation Fixed (If u have a good internett line, u are not punished anymore)

All Akimbo Secondary NERFED (Rate of fire)

But like the DLC"s PS3 Users have to wait for this update...

Thx Robert Liar Bowling

We can argue about the MIC's (I agree the quality doesnt even compare to Black Ops and I use the same mic) but why should PS3 users support CoD  with record breaking sales and they put us last everytime. There should be a boycott untill we are at least thought of as XBOX users.

TheBeastlyDude

No one boycotts this game.

People said they'd boycott MW2 and it broke sales records.

People said they'd boycott Black Ops and it broke sales records.

People said they'd boycott MW3 and it broke sales records.

No one is going to boycott. Just be a good consumer and prepare to line up outside of Gamestop on November 5th for the next game and then in December, come back to the forums and talk about boycotting again. Rinse and repeat.

mischaelite

Yup, next year IW will be the heroes that saved CoD and Treyarc pounded and flamed just as is has been all the previous years.

However if the CoD series continues (wich it probably will because of the $$$ involved) Treyarc will have first jump on the new consoles @ 2014 wich could turn things around quite a bit.

We can argue about the MIC's (I agree the quality doesnt even compare to Black Ops and I use the same mic) but why should PS3 users support CoD  with record breaking sales and they put us last everytime. There should be a boycott untill we are at least thought of as XBOX users.