24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 5:02 PM by Sgt-Phasma RSS

Include ALL the New Maps in FFA Rotations!

duderew

I play FFA 90% of the time and have been upset since the release of MW3 that a whopping 3 maps are not included in the FFA rotation.  So if they start releasing new maps and some or several of them aren't in the FFA rotation, I'm gonna be seriously pissed. 

Literally every original and released map in Black Ops was in the FFA rotation.  Every original and released map in MW2 was in the FFA rotation except Derail.  World at War had three or four maps missing in the FFA rotation.  And Modern Warfare included every map in the FFA rotation.

IW, Sledgehammer, Beachhead...  Do not go back to the WAW days.  Include every released map in the FFA rotation and let us decide in the pre-game lobbies if we want to play them or not, regardless of their size.  There's no reason not to, especially since FFA leaderboards aren't determined by SPM like in BO.  Hell, maybe if we get a couple of bigger FFA maps we'll actually have a chance to play a game without the terrible spawns! 

And while you're at it, release Bakaara, Downturn, and Outpost into the FFA rotation too.

ALSO, there needs to be an FFA mode in the Elite content playlists OR they just need to release the new maps into the regular playlists right away like Black Ops did.  I'm already seeing FFA players in the Xbox forums complaining there's no FFA mode in the Elite Content. 

There are massive amounts of lone wolves that play FFA, it's hard not to feel hugely ripped off when we're shut out of maps.  Let us determine which maps we want or don't want to play!  That's what the voting system is for...

• Re: Include ALL the New Maps in FFA Rotations!
    duderew

Make yourself heard Free-for-All'ers!  Bump this thread and those like it if you don't want to lose out on the DLC content you've paid good money for...

to be honest until now i never even noticed the 3 maps u mentioned were missing and i play FFA a lot lol but yeah i agree all maps should be included in all game modes otherwise whats the point ive been watching vids of the new maps on u tube on xbox gameplay and i think the two new ones would make awesome editions to FFA

I think the 2 new maps are not included in the FFA-rotation either... at least for now. If nothing will change, I will definately save some money, since FFA is the only gametype I play.

Although MW3 is a great game, i'm starting to feel like an idiot signing up as an Elite Founder.

I too am an avid FFA player, it's pretty much the only mode I play. In addition to missing out on the maps detailed above, we now learn that we cannot play any of the new DLC in our preferred mode.

So, even though we are the people who cared enough to pay money up front for Elite, we can't even play the new maps in the way we want. We should have been told this upfront.

This worries me. How much more of the forthcoming DLC that we have already paid for will we be excluded from?

Some people are saying that the new maps will be put into free rotation at some point, but this is pure speculation since there has been no official announcement at all.

So, what we have here is a basic lack of communication between the creators of MW3 and their most loyal customers, a perfect way to damage goodwill.

I too encourage all FFA players in this same position to take 5 mins, sign up and post in this thread. We all love this game but nobody loves being taken for a fool.

Hey i know this is way after you posted this but as of right now august 21 anyone that bought call of duty elite got taken for a fool lol im a die hard COD fan mostly treyarch games because infinity ward sucks they try putting to much into the game and it ends up being annoying which is why most hackers play the modern warfares i personally knew there was a catch to the elite thing 60 bucks for 3-4 map packs that you cant opt out of getting DLC collection 3 is going to have 0 i say it again zero multiplayer maps on it and activision put the first 2 collection on sale around july 4th now thats getting taken for a fool glad i had expected them to pull some crap like this and whos to say if they will even put out a 4th dlc collection with i  being only a couple months from the release of black ops 2 which i going ot blow all other games away not tryin to rub it in but anyone that got elite got taken for a fool infinity ward should probably just give up what portion of the rights they have to the call of duty name and let treyarch take it from here each modern warfare has gotten more and more dissapointting atleast in my opinion

wtf y isnt downturn in ffa? and even bakaara? i could almost see y outpost is not in there but thats just because thats the only map i hate lol but this is the 2nd dumbest thing iv found out about mw3 first being the lag comp

pollutionblues

After being sceptical about Elite my Mrs and I decided we'd both upgrade to premium last week so we could get the new maps early.

Like every other FFA player and all the other modes that have been left with nothing to show for spending our cash on premium we are seriously angry. I agree that there should've been a warning that upgrading to premium meant that you only get the maps early if you play certain game modes.

duderew

Just got on and looked.  Here are how the playlist numbers breakdown right now...

1st:  Team Deathmatch - 136,221 players online

2nd:  Domination - 49,480 players online

3rd:  Kill Confirmed - 29,893 players online

4th:  Free-for-all - 24,935 players online

5th:  Search - 23,649 players online

6th:  Ground War - 19,999 players online

etc, etc...

This means there are 17 other game modes not being played as much as Free-for-all.

This number does fluctuate of course, but it's pretty indicative of the constant popularity of FFA. 

The dev's have robbed us of 3 maps out of the box already.  Here's how they can fix it. First, get those 3 maps into the FFA rotation.  Second, do not shut us out of any future DLC.  And third, add a FFA playlist in the Elite Content Playlist or just add the new maps to the regular rotations right away like Black Ops did (and successfully I might add).

I definitely feel like I have been decieved. I play FFA 100% of the time. I would have never purchased Elite if I knew this. Getting jipped out of the other three maps is bad enough.

I have been complaining about this for every release of call of duty except for call of duty 4 which did include all maps for free for all.  What is interesting is that for some releases since cod4  free for all did not include some of the maps, then later they included all the maps.  Also Treyarch has been the one who has left more maps out of ffa rotation then IW.  Come IW let us have all the maps.  If people do not want to play them because they are too big, then they can vote against them. 

duderew

Awesome to see others paying attention to this! 

Though I will say, Black Ops got it right. They did include all the maps (original and DLC) into the FFA rotation.  They also included the new DLC maps directly into the regular playlists imedately after launch.  Which means they were playable in other modes other than the "DLC Playlist" (which never include FFA modes) right from the start.

Treyarch apparently realized, between WAW and BO, how dumb this was.  Why has IW taken a giant step back with this?

Again, give us the 3 original maps, and include all DLC maps in the FFA playlist going forward!

Is there any plan to include the missing maps from FFA? Its really frustrating being left in the dark like this.

Is there any plan to include the missing maps from FFA? Its really frustrating being left in the dark like this.

I agree 100%!!! All I play is FFA... I made a post on this a while ago and no one seemed to care... They just said ' the Devs want you to try all the game modes ' But that's not what I want to play... I don't like those games, I've tried them and don't like the game play style... Too much kill whoring for me...

MW 1 you could play all the maps, MW2 the same ( after a while )... W@W held one DLC map out of the rotation... B.O. you could play them all... I'll be totally pissed if the new maps aren't eventually put in the FFA rotation...

I paid the same amount for the game as everyone else... I only enjoy Core FFA... Let me play ALL the maps...

But there is so hope... They just introduced 'Hard Core' FFA... And guess what??? All the maps are in the rotation... I played Outpost, Bakkara, and Downturn yesterday... FINALLY!!!  I like Hard Core sometimes but I can only take the slow pace for so long before I'm back to Core FFA... I rarely play other game modes so I never really have gotten to know these maps and I got beat pretty bad by players who know the maps... But at least I did FINALLY get to play them...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Let us FFA only players enjoy the game as much as those who enjoy Demolition or CTF or TDM... It's only fair... Make ALL the maps available on Core FFA...

P.S. I love the 'spell check' on here, I wish more people would use it!!!

auskye

Bump

Right on Duderew! Let the FFA players decide which map they want to play. FFA is despreate need of variety and Downturn,Bakaara,Outpost are the cure.  What infuriates me the most is that there's no ELITE FFA playlist. WE PAYED, LET US PLAY!!!

JGDC74

I totally agree. This is BS!

Xbox 360 users can play the new maps in FFA. I know this for a fact as I have this game on both PS3 and Xbox 360. After Black Box came out, all the DLC maps could be played in FFA. Now that Black Box is out on PS3, neither that map or the other DLC maps can be played in FFA. I have spent most of today playing FFA on PS3, and none of the maps appeared.

I completely agree on this and hopefully IW listens. I even made a thread on a different forum on the eact same thing. For us ffa players that all we play is free for all. We're only playing 13 out of the 16 maps. I don't care if they're too big. Let us decide. Besides wasn't FUEL like huge? and they still put it in the FFA rotation? I'm kinda getting tired of playing in the same maps and I need more of a variety. I hope someone at IW reds this and changes it so we're able to play on maps like bakara, downturn, etc.

Stop leaving us FFA players with less maps.

Yup, I've said the same things on numerous other similar threads.  I've also cancelled the auto renewal for Elite, kinda pointless and a waste of money if we can't play the maps in the mode we play the most.

Take it easy

Rush all maps in FFA!!!!!

i don't play FFA much.. but i see no reason to limit the maps. i don't understand what the reasoning would be other than they aren't FFA friendly in some way?

Free for all's all i play so to hear about these missing maps is pretty awful. Elite won't be getting purchased now. Seriously getting irritated with CoD at the moment. Battlefield could be on the cards...

Free for all's all i play so to hear about these missing maps is pretty awful. Elite won't be getting purchased now. Seriously getting irritated with CoD at the moment. Battlefield could be on the cards...

Make a free for all DLC/elite playlist... Its pretty damn obvious IW