1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 8:15 PM by SC_ROTIC RSS

Elite refund?

thetizzleguy

Is there someway of getting a refund for Call of Duty Elite? i mean just to find out that the DLC are gonna be more "missions" and " game modes" than actual multiplayer maps i dont even want the bloody sub anymore.. plus everything they have said elite would be is bull because it dont even work yet.

So by LAW they HAVE to give you a rufund for fulse advertising..

• 1. Re: Elite refund?

I of course have no say in the matter, but I don't forsee that happening for anything less than class action lawsuit. And, since Activision never said that the dlc was only multiplayer maps (and actually mentioned the inclusion of other dlc), that's not a legally binding reason. As far as the other stuff not working.. as true as it is, I still don't see it going well. Now, if this lawsuit would have started before the content release, I would think it would have a better shot. Naturally, I'm no lawyer, but that's just how I see things shaking down.

• 2. Re: Elite refund?
    sweatyclam

You're definitely entitled under UK law as the service still does not work correctly, not sure about other countries.

Others have also had some success cancelling through x-box live.

• 3. Re: Elite refund?

sweatyclam wrote:

You're definitely entitled under UK law as the service still does not work correctly, not sure about other countries.

Others have also had some success cancelling through x-box live.

gonna be hard to do now... i got one through XBL but my main argument was that i hadnt recieved anything after more then 2 months...

now that DLC has released.. they pretty much have you by the balls...

• 4. Re: Elite refund?
    yovlud

I think you should have waited to buy it...instead of rushing into the unknown and then blaming someone else...you should have researched about it after it released.

• 5. Re: Elite refund?
    thetizzleguy

Nope thats not true mate.... i been looking it up and from what i have read is that if they sell you something and you get it and the subscription as not working like it should be, maps or no maps they HAVE to by LAW give you a refund,,

• 6. Re: Elite refund?
    thetizzleguy

i got it yesterday... i did resersh it and ppl said it was worth it but that was a load of bull... because nothin works on it.. takes ages to load and my internet is awesome

• 7. Re: Elite refund?
    yovlud

What doesn't work, besides clan operations?

• 8. Re: Elite refund?
    sweatyclam

They said they would offer a service for money which includes DLC - that service does not work and they have had a reasonable amount of time to fix it, so yes in the UK they would be required by law to give a refund.

You have not just paid for the DLC, you have paid for the elite service as well!

• 9. Re: Elite refund?
    MUPHinATHONG

Well I think it is pretty ridiculous, and I really feel like legal action can and should be taken. They lured us in with "founder status" and false promises. I can guarantee that if they would've said "pay 50 for Elite now, and we might have the site fully operational in 3 or more months" no one would've bought it. I am not a lawyer, but just playing through the scenario in my head, something seems illegal about it all.

1 2 3 Previous Next