10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 4:38 PM by {bhc}max|co RSS

MW2 Still ROX...

Man we went back to MW2 today and it was such a hoot. The movement is SOOOO much better than MW3. You just feel more connected. The game is faster and smoother. It's just a better game, better engine I guess. In 9 games we didn't see any cheaters either:) I invite you to return to a better game. Screw MW3 and all it's BS hacking arseholes. It's lame in every way possible. MW2 is just more fun, bottom line.

• Re: MW2 Still ROX...

Yeah MW2 is better in every concievable way. MW3 is a big step backwards.

Are there enough people playing MW2 for good matchmaking though? Last time I checked there were only like 300 in TDM and less than 100 in DOM. Most of the other modes were either empty, or had like 5-6 people in them.

MW2 is by far my fave CoD game. Too bad it doesn't have dedicated servers

wierd worlds are these

I tried playing it a few week's ago but couldn't find any lobbies at all so gave up and went back to MW3.

There are generally half as many playing at any one time as there used to be, maybe 40%. We didn't have any trouble getting 9 games together last night. I must say I had more fun than at any time playing MW3. MW3 was a step backwards. The movement isn't as good, not as crisp, responsive and not as fast. I wish they had just added 4 player co-op and new maps to MW2. Hey I LOVE commando, marathon, and all the cool stuff:) But the best thing was... WE DIDN'T SEE ANY CHEATERS!:) MW3 is clogged with them...

I LOVE mw2. The only reason i dont play is every second-third game is a hacked lobby where coloured words explaining how to hack come on screen. Everyone is 10th lvl 70 ... Legit of that is prob 15% . The maps are so much more open. No a freaking cluster maze they have in mw3  sure graphics arent as advanced.. And ill admit there are a few things i like way more than that. But like literally. Mw2 is a better game

I'm telling ya... AlterIW.net. It gives you a Server Browser and there are a lot of servers listed and many of them have Admins actively playing the game and monitoring the people on their servers.

Does AlterIWnet work with steam version though,? That's the question. Also is there a chance of being VAC banned for it?

Uses Steam to validate you but not really since Steam is not running. No chance of being banned through VAC using AlterIW.net. It will move your current game files over to the new system, but from that point forward the two will never be sync'ed up again. This all depends on how you install the AlterIW.net files. Read the instructions, it will be clear what is going on and the choices you can make installing it.

MW2 is my favorite Call of Duty so far. COD4 was good too, but MW2 was just a massive leap forward for the franchise. I'm probably going to go back to it. I miss Highrise.

{bhc}max|co

i quickly gave up on mw2 because of the haxors and lack of dedi servers,9 i eventually played alteriwnets servers,which were far more fun..

So since mw3 is such a hard task to get enjoyment out of, i recently thought," i'll try mw2 again" thinking most of the haxors will now be on mw3...

But lo and behold.....whenever i start the game ..i see no players online...

this seems to have been caused by a recent patch which has affected many mw2 players.......

i tried shactovision for a solution,, they blame my ports ( all of which are open and work fine with cod2/cod4/waw and mw3)

so apart from ******* the game on launch, the ******* mw3 , now i find theyve ****** mw2 so that i cant evewn try to play it... ffs