1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 7:33 PM by MSprecher Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    gallp13

Will do posted on Elite Louge and PM to Elite Help plus tweet to BH hopefully someone will answer the message is a bottle;)

• 51. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    Nubdub

I am also not seeing as many lag complaints on the forum today which is unusual.

• 52. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    gallp13

Maybe the match making tweak? Do you know what they are trying to do?

• 53. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    Nubdub

Yesterday was the best it's ever been from about from 10:30 a.m. (first game of the day) until around 11:00 p.m central time.  All of the sudden around that time, its like they flipped a switch and the game was back to exactly like it was with bad bullet registration and bending bullets. Today I noticed another hotfix was applied. Game is back to playing like crap. I guess I should be happy with my 1 day of the game working right and forget about the 85 days that it hasn't?

• 54. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    coolwhhhip

What is causing the increased network traffic that is going on with BO and MW3? Why do they have this expanded traffic over and above the older games? Is it theater or what?

• 55. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

my god  i thought i had heard all the excuses up until this!

seriously people, you cant be serious?

• 56. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

Pretty sure its the tweaking they are doing right now. Personally, as well as a friend, have experienced opposite ends of the tweaks at different times.

At launch I had zero problems, and it was fun to play the game.

Friend had many problems with the game at launch, and didnt find it fun to play MW3.

Each succesive "update" seems to make it worse for me, and better for him. In his words, after the last "update" after logging on for the first time, "It was pretty unfair. I know I have decent reaction times, but it was like they didnt even see me."

He also said he would hear people shooting behind him, turn to see them shooting at HIM, and then shoot them dead. He was playing HC BTW, so 1-2 bullets, which any n00b should be able to land in an enemies back, should have killed him.

• 57. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

well here's my lil update for this past weekend's test without ELITE.  after deleting ELITE on my box friday...no doubt %100 difference!  the game runs great!  so i called up one of my ol crew, who had given up on MW3 and returned to BLOPS and BF3....told him to play a few with me on MW3 and after hearing him cuss the bejesus out of the game and try to quit i told him to uninstall ELITE..he asked why..i said just do it and let's play some more...  he immediately noticed a difference...we played for hours... so much difference he went to his son's box, uninstalled and the 3 of us went on a rampage!  we have played all weekend together and this has re-ignited his passion for MW3... now he's hitting me up every chance he can to play!  so, i will say this, there may be some coincidence to this and there may not... it might all boil down to location...maybe the out of US guys aren't seeing a difference and maybe they are..maybe just a certain area...  either way, this has made a HUGE difference for the 3 of us.. actually 4.  my son is now having a ball on his box as well.  i have ELITE off and Theater mode off and it runs like a dream!  i'm officially hooked all over again!  don't know what to say or how to explain it.....but for us, it works!

• 58. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    maccabi

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

well here's my lil update for this past weekend's test without ELITE.  after deleting ELITE on my box friday...no doubt %100 difference!  the game runs great!  so i called up one of my ol crew, who had given up on MW3 and returned to BLOPS and BF3....told him to play a few with me on MW3 and after hearing him cuss the bejesus out of the game and try to quit i told him to uninstall ELITE..he asked why..i said just do it and let's play some more...  he immediately noticed a difference...we played for hours... so much difference he went to his son's box, uninstalled and the 3 of us went on a rampage!  we have played all weekend together and this has re-ignited his passion for MW3... now he's hitting me up every chance he can to play!  so, i will say this, there may be some coincidence to this and there may not... it might all boil down to location...maybe the out of US guys aren't seeing a difference and maybe they are..maybe just a certain area...  either way, this has made a HUGE difference for the 3 of us.. actually 4.  my son is now having a ball on his box as well.  i have ELITE off and Theater mode off and it runs like a dream!  i'm officially hooked all over again!  don't know what to say or how to explain it.....but for us, it works!

have you tried he opposite now and reinstalled elite..

given theres been alot of postives being said about the live tweaks being done to the netcode and the fact they have upped the tickrates (amount you get updated from the host the knock on effect of this is people will appear "more in sync") it could a conincidence still.

As i said before not dismissing anyones findings as well lets be honest wouldnt put anything past these guys in the sstoopid stakes but i can only go on my own hard evidence, i couldnt find a single instance of elite affecting either performance of the console as its dead ie not running (tested using a something where i can measure system usage) or bandwidth .

• 59. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

maccabi wrote:

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

have you tried he opposite now and reinstalled elite..

given theres been alot of postives being said about the live tweaks being done to the netcode and the fact they have upped the tickrates (amount you get updated from the host the knock on effect of this is people will appear "more in sync") it could a conincidence still.

As i said before not dismissing anyones findings as well lets be honest wouldnt put anything past these guys in the sstoopid stakes but i can only go on my own hard evidence, i couldnt find a single instance of elite affecting either performance of the console as its dead ie not running (tested using a something where i can measure system usage) or bandwidth .

to be honest macc...no i haven't.  scared to try the other way..having too much fun now!  but i will.  i'll try to do it today when i go home at lunch and then let you know if i see a difference.  i played all times of the day over the weekend just to see if it was a timing thing, but all was good.  i trust your findings...that's what's making this seem so weird.  i mean, i know you're not the only GURU out there, but i have followed you for a long time. you have given me no reason to doubt you... but it does seem funny.  like i said, my buddy played with me, while mine was uninstalled and his was not... he was having numerous issues.. we backed out, he deleted and then we jumped right back in... it was like night and day.  not sure that a hotfix would've been the result from that.  you know, we were playing together, same match/party and time.  i had no issues and he did...until he deleted.  but i will try to get you something today by lunch Eastern time, if not at least by tomorrow..

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next