1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 7:33 PM by MSprecher Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    maccabi

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

maccabi wrote:

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

well here's my lil update for this past weekend's test without ELITE.  after deleting ELITE on my box friday...no doubt %100 difference!  the game runs great!  so i called up one of my ol crew, who had given up on MW3 and returned to BLOPS and BF3....told him to play a few with me on MW3 and after hearing him cuss the bejesus out of the game and try to quit i told him to uninstall ELITE..he asked why..i said just do it and let's play some more...  he immediately noticed a difference...we played for hours... so much difference he went to his son's box, uninstalled and the 3 of us went on a rampage!  we have played all weekend together and this has re-ignited his passion for MW3... now he's hitting me up every chance he can to play!  so, i will say this, there may be some coincidence to this and there may not... it might all boil down to location...maybe the out of US guys aren't seeing a difference and maybe they are..maybe just a certain area...  either way, this has made a HUGE difference for the 3 of us.. actually 4.  my son is now having a ball on his box as well.  i have ELITE off and Theater mode off and it runs like a dream!  i'm officially hooked all over again!  don't know what to say or how to explain it.....but for us, it works!

have you tried he opposite now and reinstalled elite..

given theres been alot of postives being said about the live tweaks being done to the netcode and the fact they have upped the tickrates (amount you get updated from the host the knock on effect of this is people will appear "more in sync") it could a conincidence still.

As i said before not dismissing anyones findings as well lets be honest wouldnt put anything past these guys in the sstoopid stakes but i can only go on my own hard evidence, i couldnt find a single instance of elite affecting either performance of the console as its dead ie not running (tested using a something where i can measure system usage) or bandwidth .

to be honest macc...no i haven't.  scared to try the other way..having too much fun now!  but i will.  i'll try to do it today when i go home at lunch and then let you know if i see a difference.  i played all times of the day over the weekend just to see if it was a timing thing, but all was good.  i trust your findings...that's what's making this seem so weird.  i mean, i know you're not the only GURU out there, but i have followed you for a long time. you have given me no reason to doubt you... but it does seem funny.  like i said, my buddy played with me, while mine was uninstalled and his was not... he was having numerous issues.. we backed out, he deleted and then we jumped right back in... it was like night and day.  not sure that a hotfix would've been the result from that.  you know, we were playing together, same match/party and time.  i had no issues and he did...until he deleted.  but i will try to get you something today by lunch Eastern time, if not at least by tomorrow..

np like i said in this case im not dimissing anything nor peoples claims but there really is no bandwidth being used by either theatre or elite and elite app is not running "in the background"  .  which again leads to only one conclusion a memory issue with harddrive space. ill try later today with a full harddrive see if i can see any differences

• 61. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    mjw3786

i haven't noticed any issues lately with the game. maybe 1 in 50 games over the weekend felt lag comp'd and backing out proved i was host. it's MUCH better but i'll give this a shot.

don't use the elite app anyway, it's basically worthless.

• 62. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

ive yet to actually jump on.... think i may have lost interest altogether.. lol

but maybe today.... nothing to do, maybe i'll fire it up.... after not playing for weeks, any changes they've made should be apparent

• 63. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

well, i will say this... i too do not think it's a storage issue.  i have a 250ghd and had about 160gb free.  i remember when i deleted it from my sons console, it said ELITE was 100mb download.  so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that that is not the case.  i will say this though.... i just think it has something to do with the amount of traffic to the many servers out there.  and maybe...just maybe it could relate to one or more specific servers in a set of regions and the amount of traffic that they are sending and recieving all while talking to the ELITE servers...  i know from my experience(which aint much) on my companies network, if we have just one server with a slight mis-configuration on it, it will throw the whole data transfer off.  also, having said that, some of our information was being sent via Fiber Optic and then pushed out over copper... which when we found the problem, never suspected it would have been something so simple.  one time we have a device that had the wrong time zone set and for months we couldn't figure it out b/c no one thought anything about the time stamps.. anyway.. i'll get you some info here shortly i hope!

• 64. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    Nubdub

I think it may be coincidence with removing Elite. I removed Elite on Friday morning before playing any games and had perfect hit registration and no WTF moments the entire day until 11:00 p.m. central time. That's when it all went back to a 1000ms delay. I noticed Saturday that a new hotfix was applied overnight which was more than likely the cause of things getting bad again (for me).

It is now obvious to me though, they have the ability to change things so I know for sure it is not my network. What is IW doing that is making things better for some and worse for others? It seemed to me the matchmaking was different on Friday. I was still getting in all under 50ms rooms (as always) but what was different on Friday is.............before the games started the lobby would fill up and it seemed like matchmaking was kicking out about half the lobby (mostly parties) and replacing with other players. When the game would start, I had all or mostly all 4 bar players in the game. This happened all day Friday up to around 11 pm.

The rest of the weekend it was back the norm of 1000ms delay. I was still joining less than 50ms lobbies but when the games started, it was half 4 bars and the rest were 2 or 3 bars. The whole issue is with bad matchmaking. Not sure why they would fix it, then break it again all in the same day? If they would just put parties in a "mixed" matchingmaking lobby instead of dumping them all in under 50ms lobbies, most of the issues would be gone.

• 65. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

I would blame shoddy matchmaking before the snake oil treatment of removing the elite app. Im gonna try it because my connection couldnt possibly get worse, but Im not holding out much hope.

• 66. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

well guys... not gonna reveal my verdict yet... but i will give you a lil tease... went home for lunch, reinstalled ELITE and played a few and....... well, let's just say i'm gonna try it tonight on my regularly scheduled play time just be sure.  i'm gonna get my buddy to do the same to see if he's seeing what ima seeing.... and then uninstall one more time... 

on another note.. it says the ELITE install is app. 96mb download. and my theater mode is still off.  also, i'm still saying that i believe there's something on the back end with the server communication... 

• 67. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    maccabi

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

well guys... not gonna reveal my verdict yet... but i will give you a lil tease... went home for lunch, reinstalled ELITE and played a few and....... well, let's just say i'm gonna try it tonight on my regularly scheduled play time just be sure.  i'm gonna get my buddy to do the same to see if he's seeing what ima seeing.... and then uninstall one more time... 

on another note.. it says the ELITE install is app. 96mb download. and my theater mode is still off.  also, i'm still saying that i believe there's something on the back end with the server communication... 

another point i should add as i was thinking about.. the only thing i could think of was maybe they had it so your console app was updated after a match or you updated the app which then sent an update to the elite servers , but the problem then is theres no evidence that happens. as i said the app is dead totally if you arent on it and there is def no traffic going anywhere near it. Having anything running in the background on modern console games is a bad thing as the games themselves use up nearly all the consoles resources i really cant see them being that stupid as to code it like that.. but then its beachhead and i think everyone knows my view of them by now

ill be honest this is driving me mad now as everything i can possibly check and look at says its impossible and theres nothing that says it can have any effect at all.. and as i said im not dimissing anyones claims on this i just cant see it at all.if there is any traffic going to or from the app it must be tiny as i sure as hell cant measure it, ill recheck all the traffic again when i run my memory test later and see if theres any wayward packets going to or from "other places" but honestly cant see there is..

• 68. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

finally got on after a few weeks... my buddy was on too...

game does play better now.... first game was actually 15-6 and i was rusty.... once we partied up it kinda went back to normal.. we both agreed it was still alot better then the last time we played...

forgot to play before uninstalling elite... but i really think its the hotfixes coinciding with you removing the app.... the build number took a big jump.. logic dicates they did something much larger then the last 10 or so hotfixes...

at least the game was playable... but we both have given up caring at all... im running around with a 57.. lol... then when you die, you kinda saw it coming... but the kills are very rewarding

• 69. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

maccabi wrote:

NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

another point i should add as i was thinking about.. the only thing i could think of was maybe they had it so your console app was updated after a match or you updated the app which then sent an update to the elite servers , but the problem then is theres no evidence that happens. as i said the app is dead totally if you arent on it and there is def no traffic going anywhere near it. Having anything running in the background on modern console games is a bad thing as the games themselves use up nearly all the consoles resources i really cant see them being that stupid as to code it like that.. but then its beachhead and i think everyone knows my view of them by now

ill be honest this is driving me mad now as everything i can possibly check and look at says its impossible and theres nothing that says it can have any effect at all.. and as i said im not dimissing anyones claims on this i just cant see it at all.if there is any traffic going to or from the app it must be tiny as i sure as hell cant measure it, ill recheck all the traffic again when i run my memory test later and see if theres any wayward packets going to or from "other places" but honestly cant see there is..

no prob.  i know it's racking your brian...  might try looking at if from this stand point... i.e..... while at work troubleshooting some video issues, i say to my boss, why not unplug this HDMI cable and plug in the Component cables... see if that makes a difference in the volume drop..boss says, that has nothing to do with it, it's straight pass through.. i say, well if that's the case, then it won't hurt to do so will it.... boss says, no, i guess not... problem solved.  cabling issues.. nothing to do with the video receivers nor the multiplexers... simple cable issues.  so now that morphed into discovering that it was indeed a cable issue but also a particular brand and style of TV and HDMI cable... point is, something so small had a huge impact on the audio transfer from one device to another.. now i know that's not exactly the type of data transmission were talking about, but the point still remains.  hence the whole "think outside the box"....  i still think it might be isolated to certain regions and the amount of server traffic... but i'm no expert!

1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next