1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 7:33 PM by MSprecher Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    SheSaidNo

This is out of the blue, but is it possible that conditions are more favorable to non-elite members in the hopes they have better games and upgrade to elite?

• 71. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

SheSaidNo wrote:

This is out of the blue, but is it possible that conditions are more favorable to non-elite members in the hopes they have better games and upgrade to elite?

at this point, i wouldn't put anything past them... there's been almost no communication from them since the beginning of the month...

• 72. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

I just uninstalled the elite app. About to play my first matches. Something I noticed. When I used to click on the Xbox live icon to connect to matchmaking, it would do a little spinning wheel, and then once I clicked on find match for the first time it would do this again. It doesnt do this anymore, and it has done this since day one of playing MW3. Coincidence?

Ill let you guys know my experiences playing without the elite app downloaded, and then redownload to see what happens.

Oh also, memory space is no issue for me either. I had 196 GB free when I went to delete the Elite app.

• 73. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    puzz

I have two accounts. 1 has elite and is registered, the other is not elite registered. Both of them lagg equaly good/bad with or without the app installed on the harddrive.

After reading the thread the first time i had my hopes up. I read all of mac's replies (obviously they made sense) and i figured to myself what it could be. The only explaination is that elite might delay your data from beeing send to the host. But i highly doubt that happens...

Anyways, i tried it out myself. Deleted the elite app and guess what! Nothing happend, still the rare good game but most of the games i had a good delay.
    My interwebs is 13 megb down and 1 megb down (not super awesome). For some reason im always a good 0.2 seconds behind (normal reaction time of a human) and when im the host (wich is even worse than normal) im like 0.5 seconds behind xD.

Fun fact is that on a LAN with friends i come out as number 1(with quite a large margin), but when i play online (private match, same people) i should be happy with a middle mode.

Makes me smile of pain...

• 74. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    codchamp

I can see elite causing some issues. I dont know if the app on the dash pulls the info directly from the xbox servers, or if it pulls it off elite's servers like the website does. If you ask me anything that tracks stats, heatmaps and every little detail about a game has to have somewhat of a negative consequence towards the game. I am going to delete off my xbox tonight and give it a try. I think i have looked at it on the xbox maybe once or twice anyway.

• 75. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

puzz wrote:

I have two accounts. 1 has elite and is registered, the other is not elite registered. Both of them lagg equaly good/bad with or without the app installed on the harddrive.

After reading the thread the first time i had my hopes up. I read all of mac's replies (obviously they made sense) and i figured to myself what it could be. The only explaination is that elite might delay your data from beeing send to the host. But i highly doubt that happens...

Anyways, i tried it out myself. Deleted the elite app and guess what! Nothing happend, still the rare good game but most of the games i had a good delay.
    My interwebs is 13 megb down and 1 megb down (not super awesome). For some reason im always a good 0.2 seconds behind (normal reaction time of a human) and when im the host (wich is even worse than normal) im like 0.5 seconds behind xD.

Fun fact is that on a LAN with friends i come out as number 1(with quite a large margin), but when i play online (private match, same people) i should be happy with a middle mode.

Makes me smile of pain...

hmm.  well, i'm still thinking or beginning to think even more that this is region related.  and that this all ties back into the servers for those locations.  but macc would probably better at breaking that down.

• 76. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

i can see elite causeing lagg do to bandwidth cap along with the player data being downloaded from the xbox to the profile back up servers then to the elite servers to make the data for the elite stats i wonder how often elite updates the stats ? i guess its real time 

• 77. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

I love the app, seems to work better than the website.

• 78. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

Interesting results after 5ish games, 2 of which I jumped in halfway through.

Last game I jumped in was 130-100. I went 23-3 in last 3 minutes of game, which would be a difficult for me normally, since I had to play slower. It seems to play better. Seemed to have better hit detection. Is it in my head a la a placebo effect?

Could I have had frame rate lag for some reason with the Elite app installed, and then uninstalling it made it go away? 

Stats that might be helpful.

Xbox 360: the last model of the old style before the slim. 250 GB HDD, 196 GB empty.

Playing wired, up to 35 mbps DL,  5 UL. Generally get around 25 mbps DL, 3 UL.  Pingtest grade is A. 22 ms ping, 4 ms jitter, 0 packet loss.

• 79. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

i thought region too.... but im pretty prime and suffer from it pretty bad...

18ms to toronto, 25 to montreal and 34 to NYC.... what i always wondered, if it is somehow averaging out players... maybe it just takes one person with a bad ping to increase lag comp to everyone...

people always love to jump on and say "oh its all local players" but how do you know? maybe the other 10 people are in your area and its a good fit for all... then 1 guy from the sticks that has no available games in his area joins yours....

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next