1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 7:33 PM by MSprecher Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    puzz

Lagg comp should only apply to the person lagging. Atleast in theory. Lagg comp only rerolls the server for the person lagging, in this case the lagg comp is over tuned. It roll back so many MS that it gives the lagging person an advantage.

When someone with a high ping enters, the server doesnt add artificial lagg (atleast it should not, or i might be mistaken). The lagging player gains an advantage, you dont gain a handicap (thats two different things). Ofcourse depending how you look at it, you might disagree, but in theory its two different things.

• 81. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

puzz wrote:

Lagg comp should only apply to the person lagging. Atleast in theory. Lagg comp only rerolls the server for the person lagging, in this case the lagg comp is over tuned. It roll back so many MS that it gives the lagging person an advantage.

When someone with a high ping enters, the server doesnt add artificial lagg (atleast it should not, or i might be mistaken). The lagging player gains an advantage, you dont gain a handicap (thats two different things). Ofcourse depending how you look at it, you might disagree, but in theory its two different things.

but when we meet in the game, his advantage will be my handicap... at least thats how i understand it.... because in my experience, its only certain players that i seem to be behind.. some die just fine while others eat 10 shots or shoot around corners etc...

• 82. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

At this point I would try most anything short of jumping off a cliff...LOL!!!

Anyways I skimmed through this thread but have a few questions.

1: Kinda lost as to just what to delete. I already dlownloaded the 2 maps but got lost on my harddrive as to just what to delete. Just want to make sure on this as what is what.

2: Will this cause any problems with getting future maps and content as an elite. I mean I assume you just re-install it with your activation code and pick up where you left off?

Ok these may seem stupid questions but I do need help with the lag on my end but I don't want to cause new problems in the process. thanks for your time.

Edit: Xbox

• 83. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

I think (think) that because Elite is linked to your GT, and you DL via the XBL store, you should be able to DL all future DLC without a problem.

To delete the Elite app go into your HDD memory and look for "Elite app" and delete it. Leave the maps you already DLed, those are fine. Restart your xbox. Test it out. Post back here once youve tried it. Interested to see how many people with connection problems see a "fix" by doing this.

• 84. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    puzz

In real time you where already dead. And thats why you experience such features.

Best way to explain this in an example using extreme numbers:

Facts:
    Player A has no lagg (is host for all i care)
    Player B has 10 seconds lagg.

Senario: no lagg compensation

Player B will never hit player A, because ***player B's real time is not the server's real time***. For the server player B is missing his shots. Since player A's body is actualy 10 seconds ahead of what player B sees. Giving player A host advantage.

Senario: with lagg compensation tuned to 10 seconds.

Player B sees player A. Player A  is already 10 seconds ahead of time. But lagg compensations rerolls player A 10 seconds back. So it will put player A at the same spot that player B aims. Rewarding player B with a kill.

***Player B's real time(up to 10 seconds) became server real time.***
    For player A it is wierd. Player B might have not been arround a corner yet, or player A might have already been behind cover and is "pulled back".
    In a CQB head to head situation player B will always win. In any other situation player A and B will experience equaly wierd moments. Player B will also be "pulled back" if he does not spot player A on time.

Senario with optimal lagg compensation of 0.1 seconds.

Player A and B's connection is actualy almost equal. Player B's lagg is 0.1 second. That is enough to not hit a running target if there is no compensation. However since the lagg compensation is equal to the lagg in this example, player B gets a kill. Also for player A it will mean that he only gets pulled back 0.1 seconds, wich will also feel natural (unless you are a trained gamer/athlete/naturaly gifted).
    In a CQB head-to-head situation the chances are quite equal. Player B will be so close to his real body that players A's 0.1 second host advantage is nullified by players B's 0.1 second lagg advantage.

I probably miss spelled some words and miss typed some lines. But it should be somewhat more understandable. Atleast, unless in MW3 lagg compensation works different all together (wich i doubt).

• 85. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

Update: Reinstalled Elite App. Same crap as before. Im going to play a little more with the Elite App installed to make sure, then most likely uninstall it for good.

• 86. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

Thanks for the above response, I found the elite files...duh...was looking in the MW3 folder LOL!!! I have 2 files: Main elite one and an update. Will delete both and go one step further and clear my system cache just incase some elite code is in there. Reboot and try it out tonight.

COVER ME I'M GOING IN !!!!  

• 87. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    tedge

Tried deleting it on my PS3. First game was fine, then it was a lot more lag like usual over the next two hours.

• 88. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.

Tried about 20 games tonight after deleting Elite and  to be honest about half the games felt like I had equal connections to the other team. But, the lag on the other half felt a little worse than usual so I have not concluded either way if it helped.

It may have just been a bad night for Lag in general so I will keep it as is and try a few more nights to get a better picture. Hey it is at least worth the try because this game is way off on my end for sure.

• 89. Re: No issues whatsoever up until installing elite. My fix.
    gallp13

Now played 4 hours with and compared to 4 hours with out. For this respondent the appropriate noun is misnomer.

Pity.....

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next