12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 3:58 PM by SlapChop_ RSS

A Plea To HC Dom/Core Dom Players

Please, if you're going to be in the game at least play the objective.  I've had too many games where I play with a friend and I and there's a gap of at least 2,000 score.  If you're going to camp, please make sure to at least defend our current flags while I work on clearing the enemy team's campers and capturing more flags.  I had a game today where I was in the 45-20 K/D range with at least 3,500 score and my friend hit 4,000+ we play objective and try to keep the enemies back, but two players can only do so much in an objective based game mode.  In this game with previously mentioned scores, the 3rd place player had no more than 1200-1500 score for the whole game, with 4th place being <900.  Slots 5 and 6 swapped out players 2-3 times and of course the new players did not play objective any more than the previous.  I'm unable to comprehend how players can play a 10 minute game and have such a low score, which coincidentally ends up being those same ones that don't bother capturing the first flag, which is literally right in front of you generally.

I'm not demanding that you don't get your killstreaks/challenges or whatever you are going for, but in such an objective intesive game mode please make a legitimate effort to support the team in an effective manner.  You're less of a hinderance to your team if you are playing something like Team Deathmatch, you can go for your killstreaks and you won't set your team so far back.  I see absolutely no purpose to the 1-2 players nearly every game of Domination I play, if not more, that just sit in some corner not killing enemies and watching teammates die before they react or not hopping on a single flag.  If you're scared of dying, throw on Blast Shield and a Trophy System and capturing is much easier.

I'm fully aware that I'm not the first to rant about this and I won't be the last.  I felt like voicing my opinion as I really see absolutely no purpose to camping in a Domination game when there are plenty of better alternatives that don't require you to hop on flags or plant/defend bombs.  The only opposing opinions I could see are using killstreaks to help control the enemies and keep them off of our flags or camping a flag/area around the flag.  However, 90% of those campers do not use any killstreaks, get them late in the game, or camp in an absolutely pointless spot where they will encounter perhaps 10 enemies over the span of a 10 minute game.

Please guys, play the objective or go to an alternate playlist.  There are plenty of alternatives and I'm completely fine if you don't want to play objective, just leave the playlist and don't hog a spot from someone that actually intends to contribute.

• Re: A Plea To HC Dom/Core Dom Players
    kastro187420

I concur. You can really tell who plays the objectives and who doesn't by their score in comparison to their kills. For instance, if I have 15 Kills, but I'm ontop of our team in score, even though someone below me has 30 kills... clearly I'm doing more than him in terms of the objective. He's playing for kills, I'm winning the match.

I've stopped caring about my W/L Ratio though as long as there is no kind of filtering to remove the players who don't intend to play the objective from my team. Because of that, when I realize I'm either the only one playing the objective, I simply leave the match and leave my team to their fate. I have 1400+ captures in Core Dom, and I'm ranked in the top 130k overall in the world on PS3 (will soon be in the top 100k overall) in domination.

Too many years now while playing this series I've carried dead weight, and I simply refuse to do so anymore. When it's to the point where, without my participation, my team gets slaughtered, it's simply find it best to leave and let the slaughter happen. Maybe after their K/D tanks, they'll be a bit more willing to do something useful for the team they're on.

That's exactly my point, you would be a significantly more valuable player if you're willing to hop onto a flag and capture it, where a lot of teammates sit in those low traffic areas away from the flags, which really ends up serving no purpose.

W/L ratio has never been a huge factor on my mind, I've been staying around 1.3 ratio.  I'm completely fine with that, I get crap for it, but playing objective game modes is absolutely difficult.  Especially when taking on enemy teams where they're all in a party by myself or with a buddy.  Generally when I realize the game is at a point where I'm not getting any assistance in capturing, I go all out assault on spawn areas and keeping them away from our flag in hope that maybe my teammates will move up and capture B.  I don't really like quitting games so I'll play out a game and even though I'll end up losing, I've generally ended up carrying anything from a 2-5 K/D in HC Dom with usually no less than 40 kills if I play the full game.  It's satisfying to have more kills, a better K/D, and end up at top score when playing against a full party even when my team really does nothing productive.

blackopfreak

Feeling the same and am having my own good little rant about the same subject

I prefer playing the objective based game modes, because it's not always just mindlessly running around killing people.  It forces you to think about how to flank and find the best way to kill the enemy team and clear them strategically.  This effort goes to waste when your team isn't doing anything to support you though... =/

Banzai_G

Dom is a Killwhores favourite cos of the spawning and game length... sad really.

plus IW dont have caps and defs in the game report. I love seeing my 16 captures on BLOPS in the game report. Not any more.

I love Dom but only half of peeps playing the objective. Be a man and chase your MOAB on hardcore kill confirmed.....didnt think so

SalemInChains

As long as K/D is counted in objective games, scrubs will ignore objectives to boost thier ratio.

It was never that bad in COD4, it got worse in WaW and with the increase of NUKEs and more killstreaks it got bad in MW2 and only got worse since.

Its too bad that these idiots cant cut it in TDm and need an objective to use as bait to shoot people in the back.

How to solve it? A few things could help...

1 - remove MOABS/Nukes - no more "45-2 MOAB vid!!!!" of kids ignoring flags/bombs to spawn camp.

2 - K/D in objective games doesnt count toward over all K/D stats. This encourages flag/bomb caps/plants.

3 - More points for capping/planting/defusing. Instead of 150, make it 300.

4 - Leaderboards should reflect caps/plants/defuses, not kills, this way when I join Dom, I can look at the board and see the guy with 2,000 caps and 4,000 kills is held higher than the guy with 200 caps and 60,000 kills.

Just a few suggestions to keep TDM losers out of objective games.

Banzai_G

good call. Take MOABS out of certain games like DOM.... (or a MOAB has to include 3 captures in the 25 streak)....

Reflect team players in the after game report..

If you go 53-2 and no caps you get much less bonus XP than cappers.

Who cares about kids who go for kills. It's a game for Christ sake! People will play how they want to play! Even if there is no moabs or nukes in Dom which will never happen because those are the only game types with enough time, and the leadrrboars did not have stats for kills wouldn't change a single thing. I would still just go for kills just to piss little kids like you guys off. Stop complaining and just play te game.

thebiindsniper

I have to agree about how people play.  We cannot force people to change their playstyle.

I however, disagree with how the farm killing playstyle, is more rewarding than playing objectively.  The examples of those rewards, include the design of the Assault Strike package (people fear death, and camp as a result), Kills/Deaths on the Scoreboard, and acquiring points for simple kills.

It's those kinds of rewards that promote that kind of play.  PROMOTE, as in, giving players more incentive to farm kill, but ultimately, the freedom to still make their choice. 

And that choice is:

*Be an Objective Player, and earn little rewards, with less chances of a high K/D

*Be a Farm Killer, and earn better rewards, with a better chance of a high K/D

....Not exactly what I call "fair".

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

Playing a "game" implies that everyone is playing by the same pre-agreed rules. If someone is not playing by it then they aren't playing the same game as everyone else. It would be like going to to a basketball court, playing a pick-up game and you and your buddy are trying to play HORSE on one end of the court while at the same time saying, "No, I'm playing the same game you guys are". You would be kicked off the court for not playing the same game everybody else is.

thebiindsniper

I wish farm killers would go for objectives.  But that's like asking Linsey Lohan to stop doing drugs.

What you need, are more friends that play solely for the objective.  And quite possibly, an entire party, dedicated for that purpose. 

I'm on Xbox 360 (east coast), so if you're on that platform, you can add me if you so desire.  I teach the meaning of objective pursuits to my enemies.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

AMEN!