1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 6:18 PM by rlbl Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    djxtc25

I think this is an important question that needs to be asked and answered legally. We touched up on this in our complaint:

To simply suggest that it was assumed the consumer knew this was going to be applied to Elite Premium memberships (which is a very new area of timed releases) without actively advertising it, is not only unethical but we believe is an act of gross misrepresentation of the service. CGO strongly believes Activision under section 52(1) of the Competition Act had legal obligation to disclose this information to consumers during their pre-release ad campaign, events and point of sale, in which disclosures were absent.

• 21. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    bubbacake

Bravo to these guys. Anything bad for Activision is good for us.

• 22. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members

Sent this to several sites

• 23. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    tedge

At first glance, I thought your name was bukkake.

• 24. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members

LOL thanks for the laugh

• 25. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    djxtc25

Story is now up on our official site guys.  Thanks for the input.  I'll reply to this thread when we hear any news on this complaint. 

Our Site: http://openmedia.ca/gamers

Our official post about this on our site is located:

http://openmedia.ca/blog/canadian-gamers-stick-ps3-elite-premium-members

• 26. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members

Your complaint, no different then anyone else's might never be acted on. What you dont get is that activision or any game development company can ignore anything they want no matter how high the complaint pile is.

Activision ultimately has 3 choices:

1) correct the situation asap

2) refund dollars to those that request it

3) business as usual

The customer of elite ultimately has 3 choices:

1) initiate a court action (no gaurantees though)

2) submit a complaint

3) nothing

Next time my advice to you would be dont be throwing around bureaucratic bs such as $10,000,000 fines etc. Your not going to garner much support from anyone when you stoop to that kind of tactic.

Re: your quote: "when we hear any news on this complaint". So will everyone else.

I most certainly hope that tax dollars are not wasted where you claim to be a Federal overseer of gaming in Canada. CGO ever most likely has no more influence than any individual where a complaint might be brought forward to a gaming company.

Unless there is a Court action, or, Activision employs goodwill by way of refund/s or corrects the situation asap, the elite issue will remain as is. Doesnt take a Federal Organization to figure that one out.

• 27. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    supersayia

What's most disturbing is the lack of response from activison about this meaning they know we have a valid argument and let's say not happy their attempt to screw the average cod fan over.

• 28. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    LegendOfDan

They are not going to break the contract so its not worth all this time if you ask me. Now that I know that the Contract ends in 2012 thou I suggest Activision thinks of a new way to make the money from the Xbox contract and make DLC Content available for all at the same time.  Maybe a extra dollar or two added onto each map pack would make up and solve problems and alot of bitter comments. Im sure there is a way to make this all right in the next COD game so all will get DLC at the same time and Activision still make there extra millions another way instead of a check from xbox. Who konws maybe a deal with sonys! IM SURE Sonys bank account is just as big, maybe its our time to shine.

• 29. Re: Canadian Gamers Stick up for PS3 Elite Premium Members
    LegendOfDan

They are not going to break the contract so its not worth all this time if you ask me. Now that I know that the Contract ends in 2012 thou I suggest Activision thinks of a new way to make the money from the Xbox contract and make DLC Content available for all at the same time.  Maybe a extra dollar or two added onto each map pack would make up and solve problems and alot of bitter comments. Im sure there is a way to make this all right in the next COD game so all will get DLC at the same time and Activision still make there extra millions another way instead of a check from xbox. Who konws maybe a deal with sonys! IM SURE Sonys bank account is just as big, maybe its our time to shine.