39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 1:07 PM by mistahowl1717171 RSS

WIN RATIO.......DO YOU GIVE A RATS?????

I am SICK TO DEATH of being thrown into game sessions where the team I join is being battered, with little chance of making any kinda come back. More time's than not, if this happens to me (which it does more times than not) I just spectate and wait to get kicked. I really don't give a bollock for the win/lose ratio as this stat is the biggest waste of space (among many) that's in this game. Does anyone else bother about their win/lose ratio?

• Re: WIN RATIO.......DO YOU GIVE A RATS?????
    Snipingdbag

Yeah, not only that but matchbalancing just sucks, I played games yesterday where my whole team went from minus 10 to minus 30, me being he only one going 20 plus in kc taking tags, some times you even win these games with is a lot of fun. Matchbalancing overall is a joke, but if it's decently balanced and you have a good game and you do play the objective you should win. If you play solo a lot having a positive win / loss shows you can carry a team & you play the objective constantly imo or you got very lucky with the matchbalancing sheet constantly.

I care about my win ratio more than I do my kill ratio. I think my win ratio is like 4.30 and kill ratio is only like 1.60.

Haigo

not anymore.  I've joined too many games where the game end almost immediately and the team I'm assigned to lost.  nothing I can do about that unfortunately.

Also, occasionally i'll hop in to a game where the team I'm on is getting demolished. after a death or two and without firing a single shot, i'll quit the game.  I hate doing that but there's really no fun in that and i'm in it for the fun factor.

Snipingdbag

Yeah, they should give us the option to only join early games or make it so joining late doesn't count towards your w/l. I don't mind waiting a bit longer,  I generally try to get into <50 ping lobbies anyway, which takes longer anyway.

Izjar11

Well your title sounds like you don't care about W/L, but than you mention that you hate being thrown into hopeless matches. You sound confused! Me, I do care, id rather win than lose any day of the week.

rlbl

I really do not care about any stat. If I am having fun and lose.. oh well.

I do hate being put into games that are ending with no chance of winning.  I do not have to win; but I will not play when I can't win.

I stopped caring about stats and had even stopped playing MW3 at the beginning of January to go back to BF3.  I had planned on starting MW3 again once the Elite DLC drop occured but of course my Xbox red-ringed the day before the content was released.

wridtrvlr

All stats can go blow a big one.  Who really cares??  What real world credit do you get for having a high K/D, W/L or high accuracy???  NONE!!!  I play the game to have fun.  I only play objective based games so my K/D is horrible b/c I actually try and win those matches and don't just cap kills.  I would say that I do pay more attention to W/L than any other stat just b/c I do like winning in this game. 

Thesandman

I think that a lot more people like to have a good K/D ratio than would admit. As far as win/loss its just getting so hard when half of the matches i enter are almost finished and we are getting beat and if i quit its also a loss. Im guessing that the people who say K/D ratio doesnt matter say so because theres is low.

I quit caring the first few weeks after purchase once I realised that match balancing was sh!t and entering matches that are already in session is almost a guaranteed loss with the team I am placed on almost always losing so bad that it's impossible to make any sort of come back. My W/L is something horrible like .89 and my K/D is only at 1.85, I also rage quit alot so that also attributes to my W/L. This is something I do hope they fix because like people above me have said, it's not that much fun entering a match that only has 1 minute left and your team is down without a hope to win. I also just spectate and wait to be kicked when it happens now, but I believe that also counts as a loss so sh!tty fu%kin deal thank you infinity ward thank you activision for making such a hugely anticipated game that has so many problems and flaws it's sometimes unplayable because of them. Thanks A$$holes.

i care more bout the win then i do kd.....as long as im positive n my team wins coo.....if im nt positive n my team wins....coo

Thesandman

Unless the matchmaking is sorted i dunno how i will ever get a good W/L ratio. Its bordering on ridiculous the amount of games of domination especially that i enter at the end to end up on a crappy team with no chance of a win. I can only manage a 0.70 win/loss with a average 1.45 K/D

Well I have played with the same people for years. Its easier to win as a group. I currently have a 9.5W/L and a 1.35 KD. Im a objective whore and am willing to sacrafice my body for the good of the team. It can be hard to win on a team of people who all want to focus on there KD. Like the people that dont go for the objective on Domination.

im a all round player.....i adjust to tha situation of a match.....kill whoring is easy....once u get outta that stage n play tha objective it brings more level of fun n skill to tha game.......search is my fav game mode.....(n naw no campn).......i to play wit tha same ppl....cant do tha randoms....aint my thing......

Thesandman

What is going for the objective in Domination? For me it is capturing A and B or B and C and then staying back defending and not to try and get the 3rd flag as this just flips the spawn system. A game of domination can be won easily by concentrating on 2 points instead of 3. Why rush to get all the points when 2 is enough to win? Just my opinion.

deftonicdamian

I play to have fun, Losing isn't fun to me. So yes I care about Win/Loss. I'm in agreement with Atomic Scorcher. If I run dom solo I will gladly go negative and keep pushing to cap flags if the win isn't certain. I have a 12.16 W/L with over 1300 wins and 100 losses (mostly due to ***** hosts dashboarding).

Cheezbrger

I don't care about my w/l one little bit

I do care about my k/d which is why I dashboard when I do bad

I absolutely care about win/loss and will happily go negative to win a game.  I get thown into hopeless matches as much as anyone else and still hold a 1.6 w/l while running solo.

Thesandman

Why push to cap 3 flags in domination when holding 2 is enough?

First for the guys complaining about being put into games that are nearly over or getting spanked and there's no way back...

If u press the back up button on the controller b4 u choose your class it takes u to the game and u can see the score b4 you join the game, it's the circle button on ps3 and the right button on Xbox,

And if you don't like the score or u choose to spectate and get kicked the game doesn't register a loss on your stats,

Now to the op....

Yeah I care about both my w/l and k/d

But I play solo 100% of the time so I don't expect too much on either,

My w/L is about .77 which is pretty much win one, lose one, win one, lose one RAGE QUIT ONE lol

But it's hard keeping up a good win ratio playing with randoms every game, and with the lag or host lag rage quiting happens every 3 or 4 games, I'm just after an even ish w/l which at 3/4s is nearly there, well it is if u didn't count the rage quits,

My k/d is only about 1.2 maybe bit less but it was as low as .70 a couple of prestiges ago, and I have slowly clawed back 800 kills and I'm now over 1600 infront of myself, so that's 2400 kills in total

And I always play the objective the best I can in kill confirmed, apart from when I snipe cos I find myself camping a bit too much, but when I run and gun I always claim as many red and gold tags as I possibly can

Snipingdbag

High SPM is far more accurate for solo players, I mean I can easily loss a game getting 4000 plus XP when vsing a team with randoms in Dom. Did I deserve to lose that game killing a lot and playing the objective constantly capping / defending, no fckin way. Unless you boost denies in KC with tactical insert, obviously then you're just a no-skill douche. Also spawn trapping plus constant full partying, makes your w/l not impressive at all, you're just playing like a douche in a party against generally randoms, yet still lose here and there, haha. Nobody actually good thinks you're good spawn trapping with a team against randoms 24/7. Also low spm with a high k/d, means you play like a p*ssy too, to get an inflated k/d, you're not actually good, that's why you dashboard & that's why you need to camp / corner hug 24/7.

No I lose 65% of games, mostly because I leave almost everygame at the end.

IMO I think SPM is the overall best tell tale sign of skill. Followed by win loss then KD.

sennalike

I always play to win, anybody who doesn't is either sad or playing for an alteria motive such as to boost their KDR.  However, do I care about my WLR?  No.  I play each match as an individual match.  Look at two made up scenarios -

1.  Win 2 games and lose 8 but really enjoy the matches. 

2.  Win 8 matches and lose 2 but they are borefests.

I would take the first scenario anyday.

A lot of people have real issues about the stats in this game and in others too.  It really has no bearing on real life, other than of course you end up spending real money on a product that fails to deliver, such as the glorified stat tracker that is Elite.

Anyway if others are bothered about their stats, good luck to you, I'm not.  Don't get me wrong I fully understand that fascination, when I was young I played on hand held pacman games and there was a route you could take to clear up in the fastest time and never get caught by a ghost.  I spent hours learning the route.  At the time it may have seemed like fun but looking back it was just a complete waste of time and not particularly enjoyable.  People need to chill and just enjoy the game for what it is, a bit of fun.  When you switch the PS3 off, forget it.

c4rl

Unless you play with a squad regularly you really don't have much control over your win loss. That is of course unless you are just a beast of a player that has no trouble carrying a team in most lobbies.

The main advantage to playing in a team of 4 or more players is the fact that you don't get thrown into the middle of a game, this is a HUGE help for you W/L.

I would suggest that if you end up in a lobby with a strong player or two send them an invite to party up. If you manage to party up with a few people you've run into it will stop you from getting thrown into the middle of games.

Usually when I do this I will send a message along the lines of 'I'm tired of losing to you, wanna party up.'

mistahowl1717171

They shouldn't change anything because when you are winning and people on the other team leave, nobody new would come in and I don't think that 6v2 or so games are fun at all...