1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 2:21 PM by bicbeast RSS

So what's the new best shotgun?

Just prestiged and I was wondering if the community has decided on what the best shotgun was now (after the update), so I can start maxing it out. I don't wanna start putting time into one and finding out there was a better one I could have used the whole time. :<

Thanks!

• 1. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

According to what I've read it would be the USAS or KSG.

I prefer the Spas due to the fact it takes greater skill then all the other shotguns to be affective with. Plus the Spas is just badass. lol

The Striker is still WAAAAY OVERPOWERD, If you want to look like a noob & have no skill, use the striker. If your a man & don't need advantages over other people, pick up that beautiful Spas...

• 2. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

I just got done maxing the Spas-12 right before I prestiged. It is quite the beauty. Sort of a pain to level up but it pays off.

• 3. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?
    Helltoy

i use the usas, the spas its a little bit more challenging, i had not used the ksg but i had seen its very good too. now with the patch i think all are balanced.

• 4. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

The Striker still destroys people, but the USAS is a close second. The Spas is ok, but the KSG is better after the recent buff. AA-12 is the worst, so I wouldn't bother with it.

• 5. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

I still love my model even though i felt like i did better with OHK with range than damage sometimes but it is still fun

• 6. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?
    mickilla

I'd say the lineup is much more even now. The KSG is now a very solid choice- 9 pellets per shot and respectable damage each. Its hip spread is relatively good too, but its fire rate is the slowest of all shotguns.

I'd use that as a baseline to compare to the others. The M1887 fires a little quicker and has a wider spread, but with similar damage output. So compared to the KSG it suits a slightly more aggressive role.

The USAS also got a significant buff to 9 pellets per shot, so up close you could count it as a faster-firing pump action. It also has the hidden advantage of longer sprinting. Problem is that the damage on each pellet falls to 5 apiece in relatively short order.

The Striker is still spammable as hell. It can't take advantage of the extended mags glitch any longer, but even then the sheer fire rate makes it a worthwhile contender. Who needs to be able to land one-hit-kills when you can spam 3 shots in the span of a half-second.

The AA-12 and SPAS, however, are now pretty far behind the rest. Anything they can do, something else can do better.

• 7. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

mickilla wrote:

I'd say the lineup is much more even now. The KSG is now a very solid choice- 9 pellets per shot and respectable damage each. Its hip spread is relatively good too, but its fire rate is the slowest of all shotguns.

I'd use that as a baseline to compare to the others. The M1887 fires a little quicker and has a wider spread, but with similar damage output. So compared to the KSG it suits a slightly more aggressive role.

The USAS also got a significant buff to 9 pellets per shot, so up close you could count it as a faster-firing pump action. It also has the hidden advantage of longer sprinting. Problem is that the damage on each pellet falls to 5 apiece in relatively short order.

The Striker is still spammable as hell. It can't take advantage of the extended mags glitch any longer, but even then the sheer fire rate makes it a worthwhile contender. Who needs to be able to land one-hit-kills when you can spam 3 shots in the span of a half-second.

The AA-12 and SPAS, however, are now pretty far behind the rest. Anything they can do, something else can do better.

That's one of the main reason why I use the Spas. I don't want nor need the advantage over people. I like to challenge myself. That's why I choose to not use the OP weapons(STRIKER, TYPE 95, MP7, PP90M1, FMG9)

I believe it shows true skill when you use a weapon the is outclassed by most others & you still come out on top.

• 8. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?
    scolia5044

Well i dont know about anyone else but since launch im still siding with the KSG its been my fav shottie by far i have over 800 kills with it 

• 9. Re: So what's the new best shotgun?

Why do people think they're better than others by trying to "challenge" themselves with guns that most people don't use? It's annoying and elitist. I guess if I ran around knifing and beasting on people with the silenced five-seven, i'd be one of the best people ever to play the game. I've gotten M.O.A.B.s off of the AA-12 before, and that gun is crap, but I don't think that makes me a better player, my stats do.

1 2 3 Previous Next