1 2 3 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2012 5:15 PM by sweatyclam RSS

To everyone that hates quickscopers.

I come on the forums every day so see whats going on in the game and what people like and people complaining about quickscoping always catches my eye since im a quickscoper. Every discussion is the same

• Its an exploit of the game
  • Its to easy
  • Its all aim assist
  • It takes no skill to press the left trigger before the other

People complaining about that really grinds my gears.

Well first, it is not an exploit of the game because im pretty sure Robbo Bowling confirmed that quickscoping will be back in modern warfare 3 and i dont think he would confirm that there will be an "exploit" in the game.

Secondly, some people quickscope to get what is known as a feed which is when you get alot of kills with your sniper in a few seconds for youtube videos because that is what we enjoy doing. We dont enjoy running around with ACR's, MP7's or UMP's with assassin, blind eye and dead silence with a side of second chance like everyone else that plays this game and i can confirm to you that getting feeds is not easy.

Thirdly, Yes, aim assist does help but assault rifles and sub machine guns also have aim assist.

And last but not least If your the sort of person that sais it takes no skill to press the left trigger before the right trigger then you obviously need to think harder because im sure thats what everyone does no matter what gun they use unless your a noob that crouches around tactically hip firing everyone.

So if your going to complain about snipers and what not, think about how much we hate getting sprayed at and half of the time getting dropshotted and to be honest if we miss the first bullet on you, we're pretty much dead.

• 1. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

I don't care when Qs are on the other team.  I get killed by them maybe once or twice.

I hate however when I am playing dom and I have a Qs who goes 4-30 and isn't jumping on flags at all and is just feeding the other team Kill Streaks.

• 2. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

Percyy wrote:

Well first, it is not an exploit of the game because im pretty sure Robbo Bowling confirmed that quickscoping will be back in modern warfare 3 and i dont think he would confirm that there will be an "exploit" in the game.

I'm pretty sure 402 loves catering to casuals.

Percyy wrote:

Secondly, some people quickscope to get what is known as a feed which is when you get alot of kills with your sniper in a few seconds for youtube videos because that is what we enjoy doing.

You like doing something that has been done thousands of times? Nice originality there.

• 3. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

yeah thats usually the ones that just start quickscoping, i've done it since cod4 and always getting flags to spawn trap but it gets ruined all the time.

• 4. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

your correct, i like doing something thats been done thousands of times but hasn't running around with a machine gun been done more than a thousand times?

• 5. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

Also wanted to add.  The reason people hate Qs is because you are using a weapon that is designed for long range in CQC situation.  You shouldn't be getting "sprayed" or "dropshotted" because you should be a good distance away fromt your target lining them up for a shot.

• 6. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.
    AdmSolo

I agree that everyone should play the game however they like and QS is part of the game.  I also agree that it does take skill, I've tired to learn and gave up very quickly.

My only beef with QS is that a lot of the time the crosshairs are not even lined up on me and yet dead is dead.  I know that the kill cam is far from perfect but it has been the rare occasion that I see a QS kill really seem to be on target.   I don't mean to start a troll feast here but the sniper rifles really should be required to take a "real" aim without some horseshoe algorithm claiming close enough.  Just my two cents worth.

(I know that the same can be said for most weapons in the game)

• 7. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

yes it is made for long range but its like an mp7, its made for close range and you stilll get shot across map by it so you cant always use the guns how they say to use it.

• 8. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

See that's not a good comparison, an MP7 is a tweener gun.

Shotguns and sniper rifles are the opposite ends of the spectrum.  Shotguns are made for extremely CQC.  Snipers are made for extremely long ranges.  If a sniper can be used in CQC why can't a shotgun be used to kill at range?

• 9. Re: To everyone that hates quickscopers.

I dont know man its just a bad game oh well at the end of the day we all bought the game with our money so everyone has the right to play how they want.

1 2 3 Previous Next