12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2012 7:00 PM by TurdFerguson00 RSS

Debate Time!

Here's some food for thought:

What style of play do you prefer COD be like?

----------------------------------------------------------------

---> Easy to play, with user friendly guns. Less class specialization, more fairness over long distances.

Or

---> More specialized classes. Less user friendly guns. More area-based specialization with less fairness.

If you need a better mental picture, try this:

M4A1/ACR 6.8 (general usefulness)

vs

PM-9 (very selective play style needed to do well)

• Re: Debate Time!

Obviously OP guns, why use other guns. Unless you get a MOAB with them then you can show off.

Just shut up.

rsjc741 wrote:

Here's some food for thought:

What style of play do you prefer COD be like?

----------------------------------------------------------------

---> Easy to play, with user friendly guns. Less class specialization, more fairness over long distances.

Or

---> More specialized classes. Less user friendly guns. More area-based specialization with less fairness.

If you need a better mental picture, try this:

M4A1/ACR 6.8 (general usefulness)

vs

PM-9 (very selective play style needed to do well)

i hate dumbed down games... but they are needed 100% for the business model they use..

games that i started playing like counter-strike (5 years) and BF2 (3 years) had steep learning curves... it took time to learn... forced you to play in a somewhat realistic fashion.. map awareness, learning every weapons spray pattern.. etc

but these were games that were meant to be played for years.... current console titles like cod have short lifespans... meant to be played for a year then dumped for the new one.. they simply cant make complex games anymore..

but they could dumb it down all they wanted, if they kept it balanced and consistant (ie competitive) then it wouldnt matter... people would still play it... what they cant afford to do is release broken games of any style..

The reason they make games meant to last for a year is simply for one reason and that reason is: MONEY!

cs 1.6 is why i play like i play

camf3xu wrote:

cs 1.6 is why i play like i play

agreed... i actually started in the beta... played source for quite awhile as well but 1.6 was the best.... man... what a perfect game... lol.. even DoD was a blast... played that quite a bit as well

counter-strike:Go should be out sometime this year...consoles too... looks like they are sticking with the traditional format... just sprucing it up.... very excited for it

I wish they would bring back Akimbo SMG's and Shotguns, then use Overkill and rock the game. I got uper cheesed when they made the Model crappy. I'm not saying it sucks but compare the MW2 and MW3 Model and the MW2 one is off the charts

I LIKE TUTLES !