28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 1:26 PM by Sethdoom RSS

Mw3 Dragunov Needs Changes

Today I decided that I was gunna use the dragunov because of its well known **** status and if I could get good with quickscoping at it I would've accomplished something. I know its apparently the worst sniper rifle ever and is only good on HC game modes, but I enjoy quickscoping, and playing with my friends in regular game modes. Since all my sniper rifles are gold and only the dragunov, and RSASS are left I decided to try to get the dragunov gold.

Me and a bunch of friends made a team and went to play some ground war and little to my knowledge the dragunov is not as bad as people say it is as my first game using it I went 23-11 quickscope only, but I noticed one thing the damage multipliers and the damage on it is low in general.

THIS GUN NEEDS TO BE REVAMPED.

2 simple things that will make this gun just like any other sniper rifle.

1. Increase its damage from 70 to 98 *like most of the other sniper rifles*

and 2. Increase its damage multipliers so that its a one shot kill from torso and up.

If this can be accomplished then it will be able to compete with the rest of the sniper rifles out there.

Please listen and fix this also leave me feedback on what you guys/girls think of this.

• Re: Mw3 Dragunov Needs Changes

why change the one only different sniper.. its great the way it is and doesnt need changing, if you wanna be a quickscoping noob use the msr like the rest of modern warfare 3. stop trying to change the one decent sniper in MW3, it wont happen..

PotBrowniesBro wrote:

Today I decided that I was gunna use the dragunov because of its well known **** status and if I could get good with quickscoping at it I would've accomplished something. I know its apparently the worst sniper rifle ever and is only good on HC game modes, but I enjoy quickscoping, and playing with my friends in regular game modes. Since all my sniper rifles are gold and only the dragunov, and RSASS are left I decided to try to get the dragunov gold.

Me and a bunch of friends made a team and went to play some ground war and little to my knowledge the dragunov is not as bad as people say it is as my first game using it I went 23-11 quickscope only, but I noticed one thing the damage multipliers and the damage on it is low in general.

THIS GUN NEEDS TO BE REVAMPED.

2 simple things that will make this gun just like any other sniper rifle.

1. Increase its damage from 70 to 98 *like most of the other sniper rifles*

and 2. Increase its damage multipliers so that its a one shot kill from torso and up.

If this can be accomplished then it will be able to compete with the rest of the sniper rifles out there.

Please listen and fix this also leave me feedback on what you guys/girls think of this.

Yeah, you lost any argument you had with the underlined, bolded, italicised phrase. And in HC it kills just fine, just like all the other guns.

Actually I quickscope fine, I was thinking of quickscoping with it and getting good at qsing with the gun itself not qsing in general.

I have a golden msr, l118a, as50, and barrett 50.cal.

I just wanted the Dragunov to be improved so all of us can qs with it and not get hitmarkers. Sorry that I don't like "battle rifles"

Also to all the people saying "Quickscope Noob" Your only saying that cause you suck at qsing probably and get pissed at the fact a kid with a sniper can beat out your shitty ump45 rapid fire or overpowered type 95. have fun

trialstardragon

No, and NO and just Hell NO. it is the one sniper that takes ability to use and do well with in the game. It is the one precision sniper that you have to be good at aiming with to do well with it. All the other snipers are simple to use compared to it.

yovlud

I've got a gold Dragunov through blood, sweat, and rage...

You mad?

Anyone have thoughts on this topic? * That isn't flame* Just trying to see what the community thinks.

You are dumb, I hate when annoying Qsers like you demand changing of guns to tailor to YOUR performance, Regular Snipers, such as myself may enjoy the Dragunov how it is, It's the First Weapon I Gold-ed, and I didn't B*tch about its Damage, I used it for what it was, which is a weapon for quick bursts to take out targets, not a 1SK weapon, Why don't you try not qsing with it, It doesn't need to be changed. In my opinion, it's the best Sniper in the game, all around and is Perfectly Balanced

Haven't tried it out yet, but my friend used it and he said it's way better than what it used to be. He said it was basically the RSASS just with a tad more recoil.

Br4dthebe4st

Golden Dragunov probably one of the easiet guns to gold. I.m.o, 2 reasons.

2 shot kill, from the body. 1 to the head.

And it and easy killing weapon.

MaxKirgan

The gun was a little inconsistent pre-buff, but still very usuable. I'm really loving it since they buffed it. My shots are actually going where I put them. I didn't mind the kick before but the reduced recoil and tighter spread are very nice. The MSR has been my favorite sniper in the this game, but the Dragunov has always been one of my all time favorites. I might actually start using it more than the MSR now.

The Draggy has been fixed now...

It is a very useable weapon indeed. It used to have horrible recoil, but now it is similar to the RS...

Lay down with it for virtually no recoil...

WKMMS

Quickscoping with the Dragunov? in core?... *facepalm*

trialstardragon

The Dragonuv was not meant to be like every other sniper in the game. It was not meant to be able to get ohk as easy as the rest of the snipers. That is why it is as it is. It takes an ability to even aim better with it than the rest. It makes it a challenge to use and not just some QS sniper's fav like the rest.

So no it does not need to be made like the rest and given the same damage and damage multiplies just to make it easier to qs with so you can be happy qsing with it.

The fact that you want it to have the same damage to torso as the others shows your aim is not as good as you wish to think. The dragunov and RSSAS  are meant for headshots for the ohk. Otherwise you have to double fire for a kill and that is how they should stay.