1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2012 7:21 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Infected fix

Better idea, we can remove it for a gamemode designed for competitiveness and not for children .

+ Legitimate Boosting. I have ran up to a few MOABs with ease and making you die when getting on top of high objects do not stop people from going 45-0.

The only reason I would hate for it to leave is because of eZ-mode XP gains and KDR W/L.

They were better off making a Juggernaut playlist than this atrocious game mode.

• 21. Re: Infected fix
    trialstardragon

It does lower the chances of it. If they can not hide in unreachable area's it is harder to boost for the moab. And if insta infected areas were implemented in the most common camp zones, it would make it harder to camp making it harder to go 45-0

The only game mode in this game that was ever even close to being competitive is S&D. None of the rest are. At least that is my view about it. Not even Dom is competitive, or demo, or sabo, and definately not TDM, maybe ctf until it becomes flag camp zone when one team is up by two and has the other teams flag but is not capping it.

• 22. Re: Infected fix
    scumbaggah

The only thing i agree with is Kd and Wl shouldn't count apart from that I think it's an awesome mode. I think the infected should get the smoke though instead of the survivors. Would help alot infected alot more.

• 23. Re: Infected fix

trialstardragon wrote:

It does lower the chances of it. If they can not hide in unreachable area's it is harder to boost for the moab. And if insta infected areas were implemented in the most common camp zones, it would make it harder to camp making it harder to go 45-0

The only game mode in this game that was ever even close to being competitive is S&D. None of the rest are. At least that is my view about it. Not even Dom is competitive, or demo, or sabo, and definately not TDM, maybe ctf until it becomes flag camp zone when one team is up by two and has the other teams flag but is not capping it.

Anything with a ladder or only can be reached by jumping will guarantee you a MOAB. Add in a few other competent players (and you don't even need communication) and you are set for at least 15-30 kills. I have seen players do it single-handedly.

Even if they block every major camping spot, you can still get easy wins that can boost your w/l. 5.5% chance of you losing all you have to do is get knifed or suicide.

All game modes are designed to be competitive. "in my view" is an opinion.

• 24. Re: Infected fix

Don't change it, if your good enough, you shouldn't even get infected, then you can run around the map and get m.o.a.b.s.. It is uber fun, if you want an equaled out game mode, go play the regular modes dude, it's a different game mode that is fun becuase of its differences, not for the same-old same-old equal killing.

• 25. Re: Infected fix
    anoreo

MOAB should stay. It makes Infected a lot more fun. I think those stupid spots like the van on Arkaden, all the spots of Seatown etc. should be blocked off or insta-death. I'm fine with the removal of Throwing Knives. THe Infected DO NOT need them, unless the survivors are camping somewhere stupid. One thing though, I wouldn't mind if KD and WL were not affected. The whole point of Infected is to run in as a horde, get mowed down, wittle down their ammo and hope to catch a survivor reloading. Zombies come in hordes so you need a horde mentality like the Common Infected from L4D. It's a death sentence to your stats by doing so.

• 26. Re: Infected fix
    iamhollywood5

Agree with removing MOAB.  It just doesn't fit with Infected.  It shouldn't be about getting MOABs, which is now the only thing people play it for.  It should simply be about surviving and infecting.  MOAB makes people camp way too much.

Also agree with giving throwing knives back to counter the idiots who high camp/glitch camp in spots where they are untouchable (including the ladder spots on Dome and Outpost)

Other than that, the infected should be at a pretty significant disadvantage to the survivors.  That's the whole point after all, and that's what makes it interesting.

Oh yeah and like another guy said - absolutely should not count towards K/D and W/L - and that's coming from somebody who almost never cares about his own stats.

• 27. Re: Infected fix
    anoreo

Huh? As a survivor, it's your job to survive, and you're saying the MOAB makes people camp? If anything, the MOAB is encouraging the Survivors to play the objective:not run around and die.

• 28. Re: Infected fix
    trialstardragon

Moab camping is just stupid and lame and it needs to be removed from that game mode. It is not meant for the survirors to set there in the high spots and camp moabs the entire match.

• 29. Re: Infected fix

iamhollywood5 wrote:

Agree with removing MOAB.  It just doesn't fit with Infected.  It shouldn't be about getting MOABs, which is now the only thing people play it for.  It should simply be about surviving and infecting.  MOAB makes people camp way too much.

Also agree with giving throwing knives back to counter the idiots who high camp/glitch camp in spots where they are untouchable (including the ladder spots on Dome and Outpost)

Other than that, the infected should be at a pretty significant disadvantage to the survivors.  That's the whole point after all, and that's what makes it interesting.

Oh yeah and like another guy said - absolutely should not count towards K/D and W/L - and that's coming from somebody who almost never cares about his own stats.

i dunno... it seemed fair to me regarding stats before they removed the TK... infected are supposed to eventually win just about every time... that means everyones infected = everyone wins

you only got a bunch of deaths if you were stupid enough to get knifed when it was 17v1... but even then, maybe 10-15 deaths for the round.... not playing for 10min and its still 17v1 and hes now 0-38 and everyone is camping on him... the TK prevent cheapness..

plus it was maaad fun to act like you were in the matrix and dodging knives everywhere..lol... if you are really good.... you get to have 17 people hunt you down.... loads of kills for a good player but you will be caught eventually... finish like 30-1 and get the win like everyone else...

the new infected treats the infected team like they are bots... just there for the amusment of the survivors... even if stats werent counted, im not wasting time being fodder for invincable armed enemies...