16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 12:52 PM by mjw3786 RSS

Were about to see a whole lot more of the striker

owiseguyo

So yesterday I played about 2 hours of infection. In the process, I managed to get 5-6 games with MOAB's and 2-3 games of over 60 kills. Ya I camped to survive like you should in infection and it was actually pretty fun. In the process, I managed to rank up my striker from level 1(I have never used it before infection) to level 24. That now means I have range on it and getting close to damage. I think the main reason strikers are not overly used in this game is because it takes alot of work to get it ranked up to have the good profeciencies on it. Now with infection, every noob who can pull the trigger can get this shotgun leveled up. I think were going to be seeing alot more of the striker in the upcoming days and be prepared for all of them to have range or damage on them.

• Re: Were about to see a whole lot more of the striker

Yep, another reason why game modes like this shouldn't affect your actualy guns/stats/emblems/titles. People would have more fun with it. I'm not too worried about the striker, as long as I don't see an entire team using it on Dome. That would be brutal.

DaRyuujin

its all good USAS 12>>>>striker so letem come because its so great hearing striker whores RAGE when you pick them apart with a superior shotgun that you have to actually place your shots with instead of spamming them

owiseguyo wrote:

So yesterday I played about 2 hours of infection. In the process, I managed to get 5-6 games with MOAB's and 2-3 games of over 60 kills. Ya I camped to survive like you should in infection

im personally getting really tired of hearing that lame ass excuse.... who are you to decide how the game is supposed to be played? because thats how you did it in your private matches? if you got 5 moabs in two hours, you werent camping... you were exploiting map flaws to remain untouchable... camping is holding down a corner of the map or a room...somewhere that you can actually be reached by the infected..

sitting on a catwalk that you are blocking, preventing any chance of being killed is being a douche..... or sitting on a roof while 10 guys with auto shotties mow down unarmed people... yeah.... THAT is how its supposed to be played...

guess you are also SUPPOSED to quit once you get infected, right?

its just people justifying cheap tactics to pad their stats imo...

I tried running n gunning it..........I went 2/27 4/31 & 0/16

I now camp my back out!

And am proud to say I do

owiseguyo

In every infection or zombie game I have ever played, the main objective is to survive. Usually that means putting yourself in a situation where you only have to shoot in one or two directions with multiple teammates. Ya some of the maps have cheaper spots then others but every spot is reachable. And if the uninfected hold off the infected long enough, they win. This is how it was done in Halo, Black ops(with no time limit) and L4D.

And No, I didnt quit when I got infected. Most of the time when I got infected, it was when I was one of the last 5 players left. But regardless, I was playing the game for what it was. There is no wrong way to play it.

owiseguyo wrote:

In every infection or zombie game I have ever played, the main objective is to survive. Usually that means putting yourself in a situation where you only have to shoot in one or two directions with multiple teammates. Ya some of the maps have cheaper spots then others but every spot is reachable. And if the uninfected hold off the infected long enough, they win. This is how it was done in Halo, Black ops(with no time limit) and L4D.

And No, I didnt quit when I got infected. Most of the time when I got infected, it was when I was one of the last 5 players left. But regardless, I was playing the game for what it was. There is no wrong way to play it.

its alot better now... but you think the catwalk on dome was reachable? did you ever see it done? because i havent... same with the roof on mission... as long as someone kept his aim at the one side, he could easily kill anyone that tried to get up there...

but i agree with the first part..."Usually that means putting yourself in a situation where you only have to shoot in one or two directions with multiple teammates."

exactly.... thats how i play... but entire teams sitting in one unreachable spot like i mentioned is impossible for the infected... they were used as moab fodder by cheap players that didnt move an inch and could not be reached..

camping is what you should be doing... but camping a position that can actually be reached is the idea..

thats exactly why IW included the Tknife to begin with, and why they are trying to patch all these spots out... it is NOT the way it was meant to be played...despite what the stat whores think..

if that isnt you... then my bad for lumping you in with the rest, but you know exactly what im talking about

mjw3786

guess i picked the right week to stop playing this game then?

what a disaster. is the matchmaking still broken too? that was the initial cause of my exit

A lot of work to level up the Striker?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

How about earning your weapon levels? Last prestige i leveled both the USAS and the UMP to maximum proficency incl gold camo, and believe it or not, I didnt do it by camping, but by playing objectives, mostly DZ, Team Defender and some Dom.

jewz

wow fail that this even counts towards your stats. Infection is one of those that shouldnt count

The Striker should not have been in Infected. Why not go old school and get a pump action in there like Spas or KSG.

mjw3786

the whole "damage" / "range" on shotguns is trash to being with. make the guns do a fixed amount of damage and be done with it. stopping power was removed for a reason. now you just give it to people who use the same weapon for a few hours but don't take away assassin in exchange.