32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 8:30 AM by Snipingdbag RSS

An Assassin...

Snipingdbag

Is someone moving around like a ninja, trying to flank the other team, not someone corner hugging with a hearbeat sensor.

Ways to make Assassin Pro balanced / less frustrating:

Make the assault uav a private uav (for the creator only) and not a team uav. It's way too easy to spam by just selecting it since it stacks constantly. Make it so the support uav takes 6 points, cuav 7 (while affecting assassin now too) and advanced uav a 15 point streak. Make it so uavs disappear once the creator dies too (if you want to spam uavs you need to be good).

Assassin users shows up on the radar every second the user is inactive aka not moving around say 5 feet. The sweep however takes twice as long on assassin user, the assassin is only completely invisible if he moves every second. Meaning the perk works like an assassin & uavs gets spammed less needing more points & skill to stay up, with assault uavs being an one man thing there is less need for assassin too, while assassin is much less effective for campers but still lethal in the hands of a great flanker / ninja / assassin. Someone posted a similar idea, I think all these tweaks would make for a much more active less camp friendly, more skill based shooter, where people need to check their surroundings for kills and us the radar as an indication.

Btw emp should be a 21 pointstreak imo, at the very least and even then I would reduce its time to 45 second as it completely destroys a 17 assault streak, that can't be seen as fair / balanced

• Re: An Assassin...

So basically you want the best team player reward to become another selfish reward?

TheBeastlyDude

There is nothing wrong with Assassin or UAVs.

Get over it or go play another game. No developer is going to change the game because you are frustrated with UAVs or Assassin.

How to deal with endless UAVs:

-Use Assassin

-Use a rocket to shoot it down

-Use your red dots to an advantage and let the players come after you

How to deal with a team of Assassins:

-Recon Perk

-Recon Drone

-Don't red dot hunt

There are numerous threads about this and still nothing gets changed and it won't be.

Snipingdbag

I obviously use assassin to run around freely and flank the other team. There is much wrong with the current uav system & assassin imo, it's way too easy to spam uavs and Assassin completely counters point streaks someone earned. The tweaks I said would mean, uavs get spammed when someone is good, assassin counters it when it's in the hands of a good, active player. An assassin user shooting btw should count as moving too, unless he is using a silencer.

TheBeastlyDude

Why should someone pop up on UAV because they are not moving?

Based on your logic: "An assassin is someone who moves around like a ninja...", what ninja do you know who is constantly moving, or do they hide in the shadows and wait for their target to come by?

Also, why shouldn't an Assault UAV help out your team? This is a team game, hence why you are put on one (except for free-for-all). Just because it is easy for your opponents to get it doesn't mean it's easy for my opponents to get it and some of them need help of a UAV to be up for about 10 seconds (usually how long it takes for me to find the UAV to shoot it down) to see where they should go for their slaughter.

Thesandman

Another "anti" assassin post.....Yawn......................Get over it please,play better and dont get killed as easy or better than that get even by using it yourself.

Thesandman

There would be no assassin if there were no uav's or advanced uav's. Think about that.

Should UAV's and assassin be taken out of the game period? You cant have one without the other.

Snipingdbag

No, both should take more skill & constancy to handle. Make assassin an Assassin perk primairly, not camping tool & make spamming uavs take some sort of skill / superior gun skill.

Thesandman

Thats where the problem lies. Camping will always be part of multiplayer FPS games and there is nothing that can be done about it.

I use assasin primarlily as a flanking perk as i never go through the "hot" zone on any map and prefer to use the outer boundries of each map instead.

Use a recon drone to catch us assassin users,thats what its there for.

Finally the very word "ASSASSIN" would indicate, silence, invicibility and stealth IMO.

Moon Head 92

I actually agree with this, if you haven't already send it to Vahn as he was looking into ways to tweaking UAV and Assassin.

Thesandman

If its tweaked then im done with it. Why should the game be changed to satisfy red dot chasers?

Why cant people just play the game the way it was made instead of wanting something changed because "they" dont like it?

dlundebjerg28

I made the same suggestion in another thread about Assasain only working if the player is moving, and it was not well recieved by many of the HB Sensor corner huggers on this forum. I completely agree though, the point of stealth perks is to be able to roam about and flank freely without being detected, not sit in a corner.

Your ideas about how to cut down on UAV spam make sense, I don't totally agree with them, but they would definitely work on cutting down the amount of UAVs put up during the course of a game.

I think the EMP should be cut down to 30 seconds in its current state. I don't understand how you can take something that was an 18 killstreak in MW2, and make it an 18 point streak in the support package in MW3, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I have no issues with the EMP taking out my air support, optics and whatever else, I have an issue with how easy it is to get.

Thesandman

You say that its being used by HB sensor corner huggers. If this is true then you should know where they are camping should you not?

Truth is that red dot chasers hate it when there aint many red dots about to suit there run and gun style.

Again STOP trying to get a game changed because YOU dont like it.

sandman u mad bro i dont care about the assasin users but hte do piss me off once in a while though i have no problem gettin my killstreaks b4 they kill me

Snipingdbag

I obviously like the game. I want to change the game to cater Less to Red dot chasers and Campers, more open gun on gun game like they promoted the game to be like. Ppl who are actually good will keep the uav up a longer time, ppl good at flanking will still be an invisible stealthy assassin. Atm both uav spam and Assassin is too multifunctional, completely countering point streaks someone earned (abit uavs being too easy to spam / earn, thus the multiple uav changes above catering to Good players, not uav spammers).

I can spam a shitload of assault uavs in one game with hardline by only selecting it, forcing everybody to use assassin as their second tier perk. It's not balanced right nor is EMP fair as an 18 point streak.

Just make ANYONE staying in a 5ft by 5ft area  for 7seconds show up on the radar regardless of the perk. Thats the complaint of most of the ppl that hate assassin. We hate the assassin campers.

Thesandman

I dont use a HB sensor except for the 40 kills needed with it to max up my weapon each prestige. But if someone wants to use a HB sensor then so be it. Also what is the difference in using a HB sensor as oppossed to a UAV? They both show where the enemy are located.

I blame our obsession with stats.  Mainly the k/d one and the fact that people don't care if they use camping to obtain a number just as long as they obtain it. 

Anyway as an assassin user (rusher/flanker) I wouldn't have much problem with it being affected by not moving, hell i'm always moving.  But I don't think it will help most of the **** that camp will keep on doing it and will figure out another annoying way to. 

I just hate the way they abuse a perfectly fine perk to the point that people who use it properly have to constantly hear **** about it. And the perk is fine the way it is it's just abused by the COD underbelly.

Thesandman

You say abused, but where does it say in the rules that assassin cant be used by a camper? Please show me

TheBeastlyDude

Silly Sandman, don't you know you have to play how your opponent wants you to? He can't go to school the next day and tell all his friends how he OMGWTFPWND someone on the game if you keep killing him. How else is he suppose to earn the respect of his classmates and hopefully get Sally Smith to notice how AwesomeSauce he is so he can hold her hand during their lunch time.

Well "abused" is prolly the wrong word.  Kinda like using the word "skill" in this game.  I mean it more in the context of using a perk as not really intended.

I don't think the designers sat down and said hey lets make ASSN or ghost or whatever so people can hide in corners like **** and shoot people.  Kinda like when they made one man army and danger close.  They didn't say hey lets put these out so people can tube like **** the whole game.  They "abuse" the perk.  ASSN was designed to be a stealthy movement perk or at least IMHO. 

I say this because I would think and of course I could be wrong that these game developers don't want a slow pased lets all hide type of FPS.  They want that wild west arcade fast paced big explosion type of game.  Thats why we have perks and killstreaks etc.  to try and foster that type of game play.  I mean who would really want to play "Real War" where we all hide and if you die you don't respawn til the game is done and one bullet can kill you.  EHHH to me doesn't sound fun.So when I say "abuse" thats moer or less what I mean.

TheBeastlyDude

I just don't get how anyone still has a problem with UAVs and Assassin still.

So what if a Assassin camper is hiding. Amazingly enough, most campers are not very imaginative. They all go to the same areas on a map. Show me a map and I will show you every place a camper likes to camp. Instead of chasing red dots on the map, hit those spots and take out the campers. Watch them go 3 and 17. This is not hard people.

Most of you probably can play Poker without looking at your opponents hand, why do you need to chase red dots?

ghamorra

I certainly agree that corner humpers need to be dealt with but I do not agree with punishing everyone because of a small population. I use Assassin to camp objectives, whether it be offensive or deffensive. Assassin keeps the enemy in the dark while I eleminate them one by one. The enemy hates me but my team loves what I do. I think it's important to consider this when making these requests

TheBeastlyDude

Ghamorra, I deal with corner humpers and I deal with it good. I don't need some Dev to hold my hand and make it any easier. I got plenty of tools to make that corner humpers life miserable and I need no changes. Do you?

I agrre with you in that for the most part corner campers aren't that hard to deal with.  They are typically just not that good with their gun "skills".  On top of that I find running ASSN. is prolly the best perk to beat most campers.  Thats just my opinion though.

I have never had a problem with ASSN. hell I use it alot it fits my style of play of being a Rushing/Flanker the best.  Hell if anything I'd prolly play slower and more cautiously with out it.  Who knows I'd might even camp. LOL  NAHHHH.

Snipingdbag

Yeah, like Final stand. Beasts don't hold 0.9 k/ds.

Make this, make that... Use the counter elements that already exist in the game. 

I love assassin and the invisibility it gives you whilst running around, and no i do not 'corner hump' or whatever the phrase was...i believe assassin to be a great perk when not used in a way it was not meant to be

I think im in the minority, whereby i dont see many campers in corners, play kill confirmed mainly, but hopefully thats how it stays...yeah me and my friends get a few occassionally but we end up making there camping completely not worth while and they're the ones normally leaving at the end of the game.

I think the moving around idea just wouldnt work, people would then just find a big enough room and camp that, stay still for a little bit so they appear on the radar then move about, drawing people to them to get there kill

As someone said, no matter what camping will be in a FPS and these people will always find the most effective ways in doing so with the perks, equipment and maps they are given

Gerbera

Eh, the only problem I have with Assassins (as both a user and someone who's seen it used a lot), is how they're so immune so a bunch of things. Add in a bunch of them also using Blind Eye and...yeah...at the very least, things like Advanced UAVs, Heartbeat Sensors (as it would require someone to actually be DEAD to avoid detection otherwise or something, lol), and EMP should still affect them.

If not tweak the perks themselves, then tweak the system. Like each perk should also come with some sort of small downside and not purely upsides. Like Assassin (Pro), were it to keep all its immunities, should increase the amount of damage you take for example (as the point of it is NOT to be "seen" by the enemy, making them easier to kill, but if you ARE found out, you're in trouble.

That way, you'd need to pick your Perks a lot more carefully instead of just picking whatever gives you the most obvious advantages.

Otherwise, it'd have to be something people obviously wouldn't like like if you use one perk, you can't use another Perk(s) alongside it or something lame like that.

Snipingdbag

Advanced uav would be beyond Op then, since It's so easy to get it (support is really the no skill point streaks ppl spam) it should be a high assault streak if it were to work against assassin users too.

I'm against uav spamming in general, especially when it's as easy to do as it's now. As it's now no reason for Assassin Pro not to work properly. Both should take more skill imo though, like I said.

The real problem is the ease to spam uavs, not using assassin, as without it on flanking / running around is a death sentence as pre-adsing campers are waiting for that red dot to show up. Though just limiting the sweep time 2x maybe 3x less fast on assassin user would help a lot by suprising these people, with an inaccurate sweep (bar on camping assassin users). Good campers used flak in blops anyway, not much would change for them bar having more work to do, separating the "good" campers from the bad..