1 2 3 4 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 10:19 AM by dstj Go to original post RSS
  • 11. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    trialstardragon

They are not going to code in a volume slider just so people can sound whore easier in the game. It is probably one of the reason it was left out. Because everyone tried to sound whore in BO with headsets. Which is why some of the maps had those random loud sounds like the missles going off, or the train. To make it harder just to camp in one spot and whore for sounds to let you know somone was coming so you could get ready in your corner to shoot them.

I never have a problem hearing anyone move about in the game, and I can hear everyone in the lobby and game clearly when chatting. but then agian I use the settings in xbox to turn music off when chatting and make voice max volume.

The music is meant to raise the drama level of the game at certain points and to make it more suspense full. Turning it off would be just about as dumb as turning of the music in a movie when the villian was about to attack the hero.

• 12. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    dedicatedserversplease

Ok, then here is the solution.  Anytime music is played in game, all perks should be disabled.  Why?  Because when the music plays, you lose the benefit from Dead Silence and Sitrep Pro, but you do not ever lose any other benefit from any perk during gameplay.  If you really want to make it fair and absolutely fair, during music assassin users should show up on UAV, stalker doesnt work, blast shield doesnt work, sleight of hand doesnt work, etc.   Music in the lobby is completely unnecessary and a nuisance.  This should be allowed to be turned off regardless of in game music.  Its called a preference, obviously your preference is to have it on, while many many others prefer it off. 

I notice everytime you post the same information but not everyone plays on Xbox.  On PS3, there is no ability to turn down/off music anywhere.  On PS3, the voice volume doesnt adjust at all anymore since the fix.  When you move it up, it doesnt remain there or change the level of volume.  Also when you compare PS3 music volumes to Xbox, they are SIGNIFICANTLY louder.  The footsteps on Xbox are almost twice as loud when compared to footsteps on PS3.  The entire sound experience on PS3 is completely different including how loud explosions are and what gunfire sounds like, remember we didnt even have the hitmarker sound.  Hell, on PS3 you cannot even hear the little ticks before a game starts in the lobby to let you know to hurry up and finish your class, the music is THAT loud.  So while your experience is one way on Xbox and it doesnt bother you, on PS3 it makes me want to go crazy due to its volume.  So before you start saying that the sound is great on the game, maybe it is on your version, but on the PS3, it needs to be readjusted as all the sound is skewed.

trialstardragon wrote:

They are not going to code in a volume slider just so people can sound whore easier in the game. It is probably one of the reason it was left out. Because everyone tried to sound whore in BO with headsets. Which is why some of the maps had those random loud sounds like the missles going off, or the train. To make it harder just to camp in one spot and whore for sounds to let you know somone was coming so you could get ready in your corner to shoot them.

I never have a problem hearing anyone move about in the game, and I can hear everyone in the lobby and game clearly when chatting. but then agian I use the settings in xbox to turn music off when chatting and make voice max volume.

The music is meant to raise the drama level of the game at certain points and to make it more suspense full. Turning it off would be just about as dumb as turning of the music in a movie when the villian was about to attack the hero.

• 13. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    mdub

trialstardragon wrote:

Sound whore? Really??? Do people still use that as an excuse?

Back to the topic at hand...... absolutely signed.

• 14. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    trialstardragon

LOL, your logic and reason is flawed at best.

Tough luck for chosing to buy and play on ps3 then. I guess you should have bought an xbox instead. But I bet you were too cheap and did not want to pay for xbl.

• 15. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    r8edtripx

Dude, you've already been shut down in a similar thread. You're still hanging on to your soundwhoring ideas? hahaha!

Here's a link to a similar thread where you presented some of your ideas and you were shutdown. People need to stop wasting their time addressing your comments when they've already been addressed.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200384924?start=0&tstart=0

• 16. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.

But this IS the Xbox forum. Unless they cross thread - but I've never noticed that occuring.

Also signed.

Not everyone in my squad has top of the line headphones, and their mic volume can be low...and sometimes the lobby music drowns them out. Plus, it's like the same 3 minute song. Once you've heard it once, you've heard it a 1000 times.

• 19. Re: Petition to add option to adjust volume level of in game music sepearately from sound effects.
    dekka72

+1 the music in game and in lobby drives me mad!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next