1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 2:32 AM by G IH A IN ID II Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3
    Nubdub

Also, when I get in the main lobby, at the "find a game" area, There is another IP running on a port it has opened through the xbox. The IP is different every time. First time it was in California second time  Arizona,3rd and 4th times in Minnesota,once in New York. Those are most likely the data servers he is talking about. Seems pretty random.

• 61. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3

i posted all the links and never said i was a genius i have read all parts involved which is why i posted them because they have relevance to the OP's question.

I dont understand why this should be locked, when something relevant and helpful might come from it. being as plp suffer lag and the few heads working on it cant get it sorted someone mightbe able to. but hey your the dev

2 heads are better than 1

• 62. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3

Cool, something useful may well come from this thread.

G IH A IN ID II, please give Nubdub a little more time before locking this thread.

• 63. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3
    Nubdub

I agree. locking the thread is a bit harsh. We are just trying to get to the core of the lag issue. Not trolling, swearing, name calling.

• 64. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3

connecting elite

connecting to data server

connecting to host

connecting to microsoft

can we pls have a connection to pizza hut at the same time we can choose a pizza during lag

sry i expected it to be locked by now Apologies i'll get back to sensible

• 65. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3
    Nubdub

Yeah but it's controlling matchmaking. I think thats a big issue. Its trying to sort out pings from the other side of the world. That is what seems to be causing our lag issues. Poor matchmaking.

• 66. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3
    smokesdope

Have to say I must be one of the lucky ones as lag isnt a problem with this game.Only time I get lag is when the whole lobby gets it and it normally sorts its self out after a second.Blops and Mod 2 are much worse and sum times unplayable I think it maybe the fact that Mod 3 is always set to local as it is always other UK players in the lobby funny thing is I do miss playing with the Americans for some odd reason and if I do join an American lobby im always one bar behind everyone and I do notice the lag .

• 67. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3
    Nubdub

Its also connecting somewhere for matchmaking

• 68. Re: Found a clue that may explain lag in MW3

mccul1701 wrote:

i posted all the links and never said i was a genius i have read all parts involved which is why i posted them because they have relevance to the OP's question.

I dont understand why this should be locked, when something relevant and helpful might come from it. being as plp suffer lag and the few heads working on it cant get it sorted someone mightbe able to. but hey your the dev

2 heads are better than 1

I've explained what the connection is for and told you where the data centres are located. Demonware, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision, provide LBs, YouTube and Facebook upload services, match making on PS3, extended presence for Facebook friends and clans, store stats reported for Elite, store player stats, playlists and so on. None of these services are accessed while the game is running. We also need to connect to Microsoft and Sony for authentication. I hope this satisfies you that we are not hiding anything.

I believe your time spent on this was well meaning but I'm afraid you've been barking up the wrong tree guys. I'm locking this thread because I don't want anyone to be misled into actions that are detrimental to their game experience or could be diagnosed as hacking by our anti-cheat detection systems.

I'm also pleased to hear that you suffer no lag issues during gameplay. We realise that there are those that do but the issue lies in the disparity between in game connections not with our backend. Even matchmaking is a game side parameter driven function. On Xbox MS handles matchmaking for us.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Thread now locked.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next