27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 1:22 PM by Sniper.Of.Life RSS

Has this ever happened to you?

That5What5Up

1.  You decide to go all out 9v9 in ground war.  Your favorite map and gametype!  The enemy team is all low level, your team is all prestiged.  This should be a complete annihilation.

2. You're ready to go with your best class (t95 + akimbo fmgs), and you get the good spawn.  They're done.  They're so done.

3.  You take a less traveled route and flank an enemy.  He doesnt appear to see you, but the instant you start shooting, he reveals his special power:  An instant teleport across your screen, while his legs are stuck in a frozen animation.

4.  A split second later, you are looking at a corpse, because your soul has left its vessel.  There is no red screen, there is no warning, there is no muzzle flash in the enemy gun.  This is not unlike what happens in a hardcore game, the difference being that ground war is a core gametype, where everyone has 100 health, not 30.

5.  Feeling that your lack of skill was to blame or it was a fluke, you try again.

6.  This time, however, the enemy is prepared for you.  They have predicted where you will spawn so well that they dont even act like they know.  The only thing your killcam shows this time is them killing you first, then them killing you again after running about 15 feet.  They know the spawns like it's second nature to them.  You have been clearly outplayed.

7.  Knowing that the only way to get good at this game is to play with good people, you elect to learn all you can from them.  However, you just got killed by an l118a.  From around 10 feet.  Your killcam does not even show the crosshairs of the scope.  It does, however, show quickdraw pro.

8.  Repeat 6.

9.  Repeat 6 again.

7.  Before even respawning for another time, you realize what is going to happen when you take a step back into the world.  You have learned you are not good enough at this game.  You realize that although you can pull 20-1 in COD4, 30-1 n WaW, 30-0 in MW2, and even 40-2 in Black Ops, you have lost your skill in cod between 2010 and 2011.  Thus, you decide this game, and your team, do not deserve your failure at MW3.

8.  Start-->Leave game-->Are you sure?-->Yes

9.  The last thing you see before you leave this lobby: Migrating host...sending 0% of blocks

• Re: Has this ever happened to you?
    W7PSK

Its the host disadvantage. I see it every time I host.

It usually takes me up to 6 deaths in a row to realize

I'm the host and I'm toast for the rest of the game.  And

if your like me with a very very good connection you

get stuck with host quite often.

I like you now just back out.

That5What5Up wrote:

9.  The last thing you see before you leave this lobby: Migrating host...sending 0% of blocks

you were host..... thats a death sentance in mw3, can only imagine GW makes it even worse..

on infected, if you pull host.... your throwing knives will go straight through people.... people will "commando lunge" you from 15' out, but a guy thats a foot in front of you will be apparently out of reach because your knife doesnt count...

deucedouglas

I've never actually rage quit a game I've started so I wouldn't know about the host migration thing but I have games that play like that all the time lol. The game is a joke. IW knows it. Sledgehammer knows it. And most of the community knows it.

kholland65

That5What5Up wrote:

Yes! this just made my day. I had a feeling you were going somewhere with this. I jump lobbies a lot. If I sense any lag or if I'm getting destroyed by a team full of .5 K/D players, I just leave cus I know there are some shennanigans at work. So this happens to me a quite a bit. I always laugh when as soon as I leave, the host migration screen pops up. I proceed to say, "F*cking lol, no wonder".

That5What5Up

Yeah.  That and the respawns.  I swear, you die five bullshit times per legitimate death in this game

That5What5Up wrote:

Yeah.  That and the respawns.  I swear, you die five bullshit times per legitimate death in this game

they are getting brutal in infected too.... you could be holding down a corner of the map and have an infected spawn directly behind you...

and pulling host isnt hard anymore.... everyone is throttling their bandwidth to prevent it.... i get it constantly with a 1.2mb upload....

bubblebrawl

That5What5Up wrote:

1.  You decide to go all out 9v9 in ground war.  Your favorite map and gametype!  The enemy team is all low level, your team is all prestiged.  This should be a complete annihilation.

Why do people have to think high level ones are better than low level ones?

CowboySr

Yes. But not in that order.

You and the gentleman in this thread:

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/200398050

have described my MW3 life.  Last night was insane, fighting just to go even.  It is a total joke.

One question, thoiugh, on the 360 how do I know when I am the host so I can back out before I go 10-15 or something stupid?

That5What5Up

There unfortunately is no official way to determine it until you quit, at which point it'll say that host migration thing.  Why IW doesnt actually just let us know should be obvious

If, however:

1. You get the above signs

2. The whole "10 bullets doesnt do ****" or "I WAS BEHIND THAT WALL ALREADY' thing

3. You have 4 bars while almost no one else does

It's a good chance.

Protip:  Try to quit out when the enemy has a reaper or other timed air support out!  The host migration will lessen their time in it and piss them off, always good for a chuckle

To see if you are host, when it puts you in the game immediately select a weapon and push the select button. If you are the first person in the lobby aka the host, you should be the first one with 4 bars, and should be watching as people are being added to the game. They will switch from spectating to their respective teams.

I pull host 95% of the games I play. Half the time it seems Im on the good side of host lag comp, and have god mode. The other half it seems like Im 2 secs behind whats happening. I just want some consistent game play.

"All warfare (in MW3) is based on connection." <-- should be their new intro.

Last night. Sniper laying prone took 2 RPG rockets and 4 hits w/ the Model 1887 then somehow manages to rise up and take me out with one hit.

I call shenanigans. Dont exaggerate the truth, just makes the people with legitimate host problems look like whiny babies.

Nope. Not exaggerated. I have nothing to prove to you. You don't believe me, I don't care.

I've been running the 1887/RPG combo this whole prestige and I can tell when I'm host. Two RPG rockets at someone's feet doesn't kill them. Then hit markers with the 1887 and they turn and kill me.

I'm not new to COD nor these forum, so don't try to play me.

So what you're trying to say is that your aim is so bad that you couldnt hit a sniper who was proned out aka lag/connection had nothing to do with it?

I dont care if you're new or not, sensationalist stories dont help anyone.

Is there some reason why you choose to attempt to start some sort of forum war with me? I didn't do anything to you. I didn't make some sort of negative comment towards you. I stated my experience that happened last night. When I pull host it is typically the same situation.

Ground War domination on Resistance. He was laying prone staring at the stairs by A flag. I threw two flash bangs. From the top of the bottom platform of the stairs I shot two RPG rockets that landed slightly behind and to his left. I managed to get within a few feet of him and shot 4 times in his body. He comes out of prone turns and OHK me. Now this little explanation is only for your benefit.

You say sensationalist stories don't help, but how does insisting that an experience stated by a seasoned player in an effort to agree with a complaint posted by another player help? Your attempts to turn this thread into an argument don't help either.

I didn't exagerate regardless of your opinion on the matter. You weren't in the game and therefore have no basis for your objection to my recollection of the situation.

I apologize if I offended you. How does it look if you say I shot him with two RPGs and had 4 hitmarkers with the 1887 from a few feet away? Sounds a heck of a lot like a tall tale. You're right, I wasnt there so I dont have any clue about what happened, but how do you think the average person on these forums (probably btwn the ages of 12-17) would take that statement? "OMG I have host all the time because I get hitmarkers with my shotgun. Im going to dashboard now to get back at people who only beat me because of their lag comp" or something to that effect.

Regardless of the veracity of your statement, I was merely trying to point out that something as sensational as that will only bring about negative feedback from most people, and garner no sympathy.

I said it, because it happened and it was true. I said it to assist the OP in proving his/her point. I said it in support of the OP's point.

I didn't dashboard because I was on a full team of 9, which is how I usually play, and don't like to quit on my team. Besides the fact that I don't dashboard. If I'm running solo on my "solo GT" then I will back out if the lag compensation is ruining my experience, but I rarely use that GT.

I don't use theater because I'm one of those that belive theater causes more problems than it does solutions. If I did, then I would happily show you.

I am familiar with you Lama and I am also familiar with the "average person on these forums" which is usually the reason for people to come off as "you're a liar" attitude. It was part of the reason I stop frequenting these forums. I tired of the attitudes.

Either way. It happened as I stated.

half-megatron

"A split second later, you are looking at a corpse, because your soul has left its vessel"    ahahahahahahahaha

I lost my skills at MW3..
    On blobs i can get to about 40-2 or something as you just said without a big problem but now in MW3, on a good day a good game is about 40-3 or something and on a bad day its like 15-13 )))))))))))))): kinda sucks but at a good day i can earn like 300K xp in a day
    I'm no pro but i enjoy the game..