7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 8:31 PM by TNN64 RSS

What has changed with connections?  I don't get it.

During the prime of MW2 and Black Ops what I heard over and over both on forums and on youtube was that the reason that guys like Sandy Ravage and TheMarkofJ put up such good numbers was because they had amazing internet connections and were at a constant advantage over everyone else.

Now MW3 rolls around and supposedly it's a curse to have a good internet connection and get host?  I even heard people who complained about those guys having amazing connections complain about lag comp.  I find that funny because I've never seen any of the people that were credited for having such god like internet back then complain now that MW3 has come out.  They still put up the same beastly games that they always have.

So what happened?  Did everyone upgrade their connection to fiber optics after black ops thinking that they would automatically become gods at the game? Only to find out that they were disappointed with the results?

I have played this game on many different types of connections.  From my good cable connection here at my town house to my friends horrible DSL with a strict NAT type and the game has always run smoother and more crisp on faster more stable connections.

?

• Re: What has changed with connections?  I don't get it.
    fantasmo

Themarkofj recently commented during his live com that he struggles to get really good gameplays due to the lag comp and bullshit. R0naldinho1224 commented on it (2 vids at least). They have decent internet, not god tier and their getting screwed over as well.

The killcams are in real time.

If they don't line up, scrubs need to get fired!

They always line up for the most part in MW2.

This started with Black Ops.

Sandy Ravage is just that good, look at him aim, he is going win gun fights anyway.

Obviously you missed out on Sandys Stream at JTV when he first started playing it,Im one of the mods who monitor his comments section there , See :"Smokstak".

From what we saw he lost way more gunbattles than he ever has before , I saw plenty of BS moments some of them he posted on YT I think under Mojoravage, the same blatant stuff many of us complain about here , you know like shooting first and dying first all the time or not even getting to react to an enemy the instant you see him before you fallover dead, Because of this sandy had to leave and join in more games until he finds one where he isnt overly handicapped.

He said the reason he doesnt bother with MW3 as well as Black ops is that it doesnt reward good players , see broken lag comp.

For people who pay attention to Randysavage he primarily sticks to MW2 and has even gone back to COD4 because of the issues with MW3.

Check one of his latest videos out on YT where he missed getting three nukes in a single game by one kill.

I dont know why many of us are so far behind our enemies but Its insulting to have people who are on the other side of it getting free easy or uncontested kills like the OP who come in here to crap on us further and add injury to insult.

If  I didnt have major issues like the Op claims not to I'd be online playing MW3 instead of on here waiting for a patch that will probably never come.

chroniccritic wrote:

If  I didnt have major issues like the Op claims not to I'd be online playing MW3 instead of on here waiting for a patch that will probably never come.

The game is boring that's why I spend more time on the forums than on the game.  I don't particularly like the map layout or the sometimes dreadful spawns.

vims1990

Sandy Ravage has been quite outspoken regarding the "lag comp" present in MW3 but uses his secondary account to upload any videos of his problems with the game & twitter.

As fantasmo has stated, even themarkofj has mentioned a few times in his commentaries where he has struggled with the connectivity present in MW3.

You have to remember commentators (who have a reputation for slaying & high kill games) will upload their best games.

I've watched number of Sandy's livestreams from MW2 & COD4 & this guy is entertaining to watch. He is consistant in a majority of his matches as well.

He's also stopped playing MW3 as well. His last few streams have been all MW2.

There were complaints about it in Black Ops.

I remember a full team of Woodys friends, during Onslaughts Road to Commander,  talking about how bad it was.

The game engine has gone down hill from MW2.

I was misinformed then.  My fault.  I don't usually watch the livestreams so I haven't seen any of that.