1 2 3 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 5:17 AM by ufailinhd RSS

Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.

deucedouglas

I honestly don't know how people do it. It's about as mystifying as the people who play Domination and sit in a corner between flags and even when the guy yells "WE'RE LOSING B!!!" don't react in the slightest.

I played 4 consecutive games of Mercenary Domination and averaged 48 kills, 17 deaths, 6 caps, and 5 defends per game and only finished 2-2. The two games I lost weren't even close and I'm not sure anybody on my team moved from a ten foot square radius after spawning. I honestly give anyone who has the fortitude to play Domination by themselves massive props. And that's only to the people who are in it to win it. Not the guys who play to go 20-2 with zero caps.

I need to start sending messages to people that I see playing the objective hard commending them because they really are a dying breed in this game.

• 1. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.

I play solo, and I play Domination... my W/L is 0.75 if I had to guess

Gets VERY frustrating at times

• 2. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.
    deucedouglas

I just get so confused at times. I wish theater was like Black Ops so I could go back and watch in 1st person to try and understand what some people are doing. Absolutely baffling.

• 3. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.

I love Dom but refuse to play it without a party for this very reason and since I rarely have one this time around I'm forced to play CTF.

• 4. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.
    deucedouglas

Yeah, I love Dom too but it really is unbearable to play solo. Do I really have to solo cap everything? Lol. I don't really mind that as much because I can usually hold my own but the one that gets me the most is when we're losing a point and I look at the radar and see all 5 triangles running away from that point. I just don't get it.

• 5. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.

I'm a double cap and defend type of Dom player. That's insanely hard to do solo because when you do get another objective player they are not only willing to jump on objectives, they're willing to do it recklessly. At least in a game mode like CTF you have more of a say in the outcome by defending your flag. They can't cap if they can't grab and they can't win if they can't cap. You're still left hoping your team of randoms will grab their flag though If you try to cap your teammates won't defend -___-

There is rarely a bright side to playing solo.

• 6. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.
    TehSpeagles

I gave up on playing DOM by myself...  it's just not worth the frustration.  I stick to TDM now as it's actually possible to win a game by yourself.

• 7. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.
    deucedouglas

Yeah every game of Dom I play, I cap the spawn point and then head straight for B, usually by myself. And there seems to be many times where I'm caught being the only one within shouting distance of our points when we're losing like A and B at the same time.

I usually just stick to TDM because I can usually can control the outcome of that unless I get a pair of split screeners that go 5-30. But I've been playing lots of Mercenary lately and have been enjoying it but there are still those times but you're going to get those no matter what game type you play, it just escalates when solo.

• 8. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.

I've been a huge TDM player since CoD4 but I just can't stomach it this time around. I played TDM for the first day or so of game time and got fed up with the spawn system. I moved on to objectives where spawns are based on the objective. Less hectic that way and I always seem to be in a team with those split screeners when playing TDM so it just wasn't for me this time.

• 9. Re: Winning Domination Solo. A Losing Proposition.
    nuttin2say

Feel your pain, bro.

But its true of every game type these days.

In all other CODs, 90% of matches would end when one side scored 75 kills. Not anymore. Its frustrating when you have over 25 kills and your team still loses.

KC? Same thing. You get 35 or so kills and have 4000 plus points ... yet your team loses??? WTF??

Domination ... the sadest part of all? You  have 30 kills and your best teammate has 12 kills. And when the post-game accolades come up, you get the accolade for most points captured. That's retarded.

I do the best I can now. To hell with it. I just work on completing challenges if my teammates are going to be turds on a log.

1 2 3 Previous Next