1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 238 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 1:50 AM by DurimSwe Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

@ Ican't..... Not trying to be rude, but the fact of the matter is that akimbo IS in this game and it's not going anywhere. If you are that opposed to it, maybe you shouldn't be in this game, period. As I said before, there are other COD titles out there that cater more to other styles of play. Maybe this one isn't for you. Nothing tells Activision not to put akimbos in a game better than you not buying it.

Maybe you should hate the game, not the player.... just a thought.

@silentshot - I agree ... stakeout was the only shotty worth a deuce in B.O.

• 16. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

Your an idiot akimbo's should not be in the game, if you played on ps360 you would see that the akimbos got a BIG nerf.

• 17. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

@ santadog

Just because its in the game doesn't mean its logical,i can almost garantee that Akimbo is going to go where Commando went in the future,that is,nowhere.

no one likes cheap tactics,Akimbo isn't a play style or a tactic,its simply an advantage for the disadvantaged.Take that crap away and 90% of those people who dominate with Akimbo as a cheap shot will not be dominating anymore.i hear you say thats not true? if thats the case why can't these Akimbo users not use Akimbo? ow thats right because they don't want to give up the obvious easy mode....

Easy mode is easy

• 18. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

The only thing that should be akimbo is pistols.

• 19. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

I understand where you are coming from, trust me. I too have been killed by people who probably couldn't have done it without spraying a trillion bullets from dual fmg9's. If you had said that akimbos are overused by some idiots that can't do any better without them, I would agree with that statement. Still, I still think they (akimbo m.p.'s) have a place in the game.

Though it wouldn't be so realistic, I do wish that there was some way that players had to get through at least half a clip on their primary weapon before it would let them pull the akimbos out. I do think they are misused when pulled out like a primary right after spawning but how they are used comes down to your own perception of yourself as a player and that will always differ amongst people. Basically, knowing that you are a better player than someone who kills you in a way that you consider lame is your reward. It doesn't seem like much, but when the Wii gets turned off, you are the better man who posseses more skill.

Still, the game is what it is ... you can scream and kick, or you can play it.

p.s. All of this reminds me of a really absurd conversation I had with a guy on Black Ops who insisted that underbarrel noob tubes were not supposed to have been included in multiplayer, and that it was an "oversight". That poor dude is probably still waiting for a dream-patch that will never come.

• 20. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?
    Convict7

Point of akimbos is simply give you an advantage on CLOSE range, they're supposed to be there to give you a chance to put up a fight against more than just one opponent attacking you, or then just for you to make an assault, IN CLOSE RANGE.

In BO you needed the Steady aim to make the dual wields usefull, now you don't need the steady aim, and it seems to me that when the akimbos were nerfed very slightly, it was forgotten that the steady aim is there...

Never used FMG9 akimbo with steady aim, but based on my knowledge how lethal it is without it, I can only ask, whats the point of having steady aim perk in MW3 at all?

• 21. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

ummm. to hip fire primaries?

• 22. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?
    Sancrifier

Ban the akimbos, I hate it when there is small map with objectives and other team uses only akimbos..

• 23. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?

@Convict7

Thats the problem right there though,all MW3 maps to me are CLOSE Range maps so you just can't compete against akimbo 90% of the time.

where as on previous CODs you had a veriaty of bigger maps making Akimbo basicly usless or hit and miss.

• 24. Re: Akimbo FMG9's still OP after the patch.  Yes or no?
    Convict7

*FACEPALM*

I think that the real idea is really to make the akimbos more usefull, then again pro does allow you to aim faster to the sights after sprinting....

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next