1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 1:45 PM by draftd Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

My complaints were directed mostly at HC TDM. That is completely polluted with noob tubes, super noob tubes (xm25) and corner campers laying prone. These people would literally play to a 0-0 end if you didnt' try to hunt them down. SnD is also ruined by the super noob tube but mostly TDM is just a complete and total boring campfest.

• 31. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    trialstardragon

That is easy, you do not need a kill cam to see where the kill comes from if you are quick enough and pay attention when you die.

• 32. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

If you want a better HC experience then go to Domination, I'd say there are significantly less of those guys just sitting in corners all game.  I met some new players yesterday and played HC Kill Confirmed and it was just absolutely terrible, we were playing teams where 4/6 enemies would literally push back into some random low traffic corner and wait.  The best part about it was that I would head back and they'd still have dog tags sitting in front of them.  Perhaps people think there's a need to play real defensive because of how quickly you can die, but you should really just play smarter in HC, not corner camp.  In HC TDM, KC, and S&D I've run into so many corner campers, but after getting 15,000-16,000 kills in HC Dom I'd have to say it's much better than the other Hardcore options.  They can't sit in their corners all game if they intend to actually win every now and then, so it forces them to move sometimes.

• 33. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    nuttin2say

markocc wrote:

My complaints were directed mostly at HC TDM. That is completely polluted with noob tubes, super noob tubes (xm25) and corner campers laying prone. These people would literally play to a 0-0 end if you didnt' try to hunt them down. SnD is also ruined by the super noob tube but mostly TDM is just a complete and total boring campfest.

There's just a total different philosophy to HC FPS gaming. In Core games, its mostly about getting the absolute most kills that you can get. Usually, not always, the guys with the most kills end up having the lowest number of deaths. That's because they either played enough or have a naturally ability to get the jump on most of the other players in the game. High KDR is a symptom of getting the highest number of kills in Core modes.

In Hard Core, the unspoken philosophy is to stay alive. It doesn't mean anything to a HC player that you got 35 kills if you died 28 times in the process. It may not always work out that way, but that's the general mindset. Most of the HC players I play with have more respect for the 13 - 3 guy than they do the 25 - 20  guys.

Personally, comparing HC to Core is like comparing Call of Duty to Halo.

• 34. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    triiviium-

I think I just slapped my self a few times. Im very accurate 23 % accuracy. I will be shooting at an enemy and a team mate runs in front of me BOOM I die. I wasnt talking about me getting killed by my own pred, I was trying to make a point more on how friendly fire with KS sucks. If they want it to be that way then put green boxes around teammates. No I dont jump to conclusions that everyone must camp because I died. I see more people sitting still in corners in HC. How do I know for sure they are camping? because when I go into a room for a second time and I get killed by the same guy. I go back for a third time to flush him out and hes still there sitting in a corner. Running around with a tube is a cheap and sleazy thing to do especially in HC, where your opponent will always die when the tube is in there general vicinity.

• 35. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    triiviium-

In my case (Internet wise) I can win more gun fights in core. In HC who ever gets the first shot off will when you have ZERO reaction time.

• 36. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    triiviium-

Just to be a little more clear im more talking about HC TDM.

• 37. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

13 and 3 is reasonable if you aren't laying prone in the corner of the map waiting for somebody to walk by. The reality though is most of the campers on HC would quite literally go 0-0 if nobody walked in front of them.

Would you have respect for the guy who goes 0-0? I don't care how many kills somebody gets as long as they actually play the game, and laying prone in the corner waiting for easy kills is NOT playing the game.

• 38. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    bulletbob13

I have a 1.55 K/D.

I only play HCTDM. I dont camp or noobtube. I use a scar.

I love Ricochet, no more stuped people kill you because they cant play the game.

Why would people like core? got to shoot some one 20 time to kill them. In a reall gun fight the first one shooting stright and fast wins.

Besides Why does anyone even care. If you don't like playing it. Dont..It is that easy...

• 39. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    reformedplayer

HC is an equired taste much like beer...

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next