19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 12:50 AM by Kylaeris RSS

Why do EMP's Punish Your Own Team?

For some reason, EMP ruins killcams. The interface for checking out a person's perks as well as some other things are GONE while the enemy is under EMP.

Is this intentional? It seems counterintuitive to punish the non-EMP'd team.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
  • Re: Why do EMP's Punish Your Own Team?
    deucedouglas

Not to mention the stupid flash it does. I swear everytime an friendly EMP gets called in it is when I'm face to face with an enemy.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.

I mean the flash is reasonable, but I play a tactical game when I'm playing dom and I like to know what perks people have.

Does the flash not affect the enemy? If not it should, to balance it out.

the_fallen_pariah

I honestly think an EMP should be a double edge sword, i believe it should just negate activation of KS for the one minute period on both teams. It would be nice, i get tired of being on the recieving end of an EMP and having to shoot down various KS becuase the majority of the randoms i get teamed with are dumb as rocks and just keep running and getting murdered by enemy KS... they make me face palm.

Gerbera

Yeah, because it seems like noobs think launchers are a waste of time and want everything that can shoot and kill people.

Getting dropped into tons of games where such a noob team is losing 500 to 2000-3000+ and seeing a UAV(s), Attack Helicopter, AH-6, and Reaper flying around is proof of this...

I don't ever think there should be a way to sabotage your own team in core. Say some troll is on a really good team, a suicides to get an emp, then the team has a pave low, is in the process of calling in juggernaut armour, and has an assault drone on the ground. I don't think there should be a way to sabotage.

I think EMP is pretty well balanced as it is. One thing that is frustrating is that if you get a good killstreak you want to put toward challenges, and then someone detonates an EMP right before the end of the game. I'd like to see maybe half of a challenge done when you are left with a killstreak at the end of the game.

I think EMP should be shorter, blow up all enemy equipment that is currently placed on the map and maybe last for a couple of seconds. Too long as it is now

I always have a calss with assassin pro I can pull out if we get EMPd

The EMP needs to be changed, it needs to be either A. Taken out of support (support needs to be removed anyways) B. assassin users are completely immune to emp(flash, and KS called in) C. Reduced to 20 seconds. Or D only 1 can be called in all game because as of now it's constantly being spammed thanks to little kids using the BS support strike package.

You do realize that an EMP *SHOULD* give you the exact same effects as it does the enemy team, right? Be thankful for what it does.