1 2 3 4 Previous Next 78 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 3:20 PM by Mooreat Go to original post RSS
  • 11. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?
    whytie84

Downturn is a terrible map. I always do ok on it. But I just hate it!! Atleast The spawns are ok on it tho, unlike mission.

• 12. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?
    spankhiccup

yes that map is just woeful.

• 13. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?

I would say "Downturn" is the second worst map in MW3 - but by far my winner for worst map in MW3 would be "Carbon".  I hate that map - it has no flow at all - no good points to post up at its just a bunch of random buildings in a pile. HATE !!!

• 14. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?

Worst map in mw3 by far

• 15. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?
    Bleak5170

Downturn is bad but there are definitely worse. Some maps are okay for certain modes and terrible for others. Interchange, Fallen, and Outpost are all bad maps as well but the champ is Resistance. That map is absolutely horrible in any mode. I will not play on it.

• 16. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?
    nuttin2say

I'll play Downturn but, yeah, its my least favorite map. I played it tonight for the first time in a long time and remembered why I hate it. It is the absolute worst map when  it comes to camping fairies.

BTW ... whoever said Rust was the worst map ever is on drugs. That is the # 2 map of all time in the favorite map category. Several maps from MW1 qualify as the  # 1 map of all time.

I sure wouldn't mind playing Wet Work again. And with grenades instead of fire crackers.

Ahhhh ... the good ol' days of triple frags. I  miss it. I'm gonna have to throw  in my MW1 disc next time I play.

• 17. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?

Gotta say I agree on how terrible Carbon is, but I'm still going to keep it in second place for worst map after Downturn. At least carbon has a similar patter of traffic to mission and basically the same layout, builings in the middle with tighter gunfights and slightly longer lines of sight down the sides. I kind of enjoy moving through some of the areas on Carbon with my P90. It's nice that everything flows in a mostly linear direction and if you want to stick to longer lines of sight, for the most part you can. Downturn however, has so many opening in every damn direction and if you want to move to areas that aren't open from atleast 2 dierections you're forced to random back corners of the map in those building, combined with the fact that it's a larger map so if you wan't longer lines of sight and action you're forced to stick closer to the middle of the map where you're exposed from sooo many directions and at the mercy of the spawn system in this game...

Carbon at least has a predictable traffic and spawn pattern, it has clear simple routes from A to B, Downturn makes basically no sense, has no real distinct traffic patterns or anythign like that, the only areas to do really well unless you have a great team are farther back corners of the map. But, I have only played on Downturn 4 times, never a full match, I tried it, and I will always quit that map ASAP, it's just not fun.

• 18. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?

Will you play Skidrow on MW2 for me and get some nice semtex jump kills too?? Or Afghan, I'll take either, not as good as Wetwork for grenades, but pretty damn sweet maps with some nice grenade spots .

• 19. Re: Is downturn the worst map of call of duty?

augkash wrote:

i cant stand that map..  how do u guys rank the worst maps?

Nope i think it's a good map and since i live in NYC i like how they put building that aren't even next to each other that way in the game. Also the subway they have is the one that's only 10 blockes from my apartment.

The worst map is outpost i HATE that dam map

1 2 3 4 Previous Next