23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 1:57 PM by blb128 RSS

What is quickscoping?

thetizzleguy

Hey hey gamers, i thought i would bring you a rage thread, yet again agout quickscopers...

So could someone please tell me what quickscoping is? i mean it has to be some sort of glitch right?.

getting amazingly pissed with all the bullets i put into some guy/girl for them to just turn around and lucky ass shot me that is dragged to hit me...

if this is a glitch (which i'm sure it is) then why are the ppl that are Quickscoping being banned just like all the other ppl that glitch in other ways?

is it fair to ban someone for glitching and yet not ban another for a different glitch??

your thoughts?

<3 TizZle.

• Re: What is quickscoping?
    Rednecksniper39

if this is a glitch (which i'm sure it is) then why are the ppl that are Quickscoping being banned just like all the other ppl that glitch in other ways?

It isn't a glitch. it was left in the game by IW. if you report someone for it all that happens is that you will get in trouble for abusing the reporting system and your future reports will be ignored

Hmmm before this thread gets blown up with "rawr this is a glitch/sooo easy/OP'd/n00b tactic" comments, I'll fill you in with what quickscoping is...

Now, there are many different definitions within the QS community as what actually constitutes a quickscope, but I've heard the general consensus is aiming down your scope for less than 1 second (or so) in order to get a kill. There is no exploit involved...a player simply aims until the point when his crosshairs pop up, and then he shoots (assuming he's aiming on target). If done correctly, the player will aim down their site and shoot quick enough so that in the killcam, it will appear that he never looked down his scope (due to killcam lag).

Quick scoping is simple. You pull the scope up, adjust the aim if you have to, then shoot as soon as possible.

Killcams make it appear as if they didn't hit you or they didn't go into scope all the way, this is whats known as killcam lag. Theater mode also does the same thing as killcams.

that is dragged to hit me...

They don't shoot then drag, they drag then shoot. Killcams make it look that way.

thetizzleguy

I know how to Quickscope... i picked up a sniper once and its easy as hell... i dont dont find it fair how just because your drag shooting you basically get an insta kill...

Then why did you ask what it is?

Here do this then...record a game of you quickscoping and store it in your theater. Sure it might be easy to get a few kills, but to be consistent...that takes skill.

And "insta kill"?! It's a sniper rifle. It should be OHK to torso/head.

thetizzleguy

Its ******* eaqsy as **** to quickscope... hence why every little kid does it...

and NO it should NOT be an insta kill when the crosshair is 6 foot to the left,right above or down... it might be skill but let me tel you... along with aim assist and drag shots the only skill that involves QSing is see the person,

Quickscoping = 5% skill 95% luck...

It's also easy to hip fire with a P90 or a shotgun. But to be consistently good, that takes skill. I'm sure you can quickscope a wall and think you're good, but run around in a regular game (while PTO) and tell me if you still think its easy.

And again, you don't really sound like you know what you're talking about. You're complaining about hit boxes/hit detection, which are the same no matter what type of gun you're using.  And I'm not sure if you really know what aim assist does. You act like its doing all the aiming for you...which isn't the case. If QSing was 95% luck, how come I can consistently hit quickscopes? Does that mean I'm lucky?!

I'm an adult and when I snipe I quick scope people that are near me. Also in order for a quick scope to hit the croshairs have to be right on the person like with any gun. You just have no knowledge of how the game internally works in any way to understand what you think you see on the screen. Like aim assist only moves your aim in the direction of an enemy that is in your sight while ADS also PC players can quick scope with no aim assist and when I turn it off I can do it just fine as well. So you should go do some research on the game mechanics before you state untrue facts about them.

QS = %100 skill

You picked up a sniper once? Well that surely makes you an expert. Why don't you further educate yourself and try the second and third time. See if your opinion about the easiness still remains.

blb128

Quickscoping does take skill. The problem with quickscoping is that it makes the sniper rifles unbalanced with the rest of the guns in the game. There are no other guns in the game that are one shot kill(torso up) from any range. Snipers are meant for medium to long range with shotguns at the other end for up close to medium. Everything else fills in the middle. I bet the qscoping community would cry foul if I figured out a way to one shot kill with my pump action shotgun from any range. See the balance issue here?

indy56

quickscope = Cheap and easy kills,

You don't really see many Quickscopers while the kids are at school...

I LOL at the people who say its "easy as hell" to QS. Probably a MAXIMUM of 2 out of every 10 kids that run around w snipers all the time can go better than barely positive quickscoping. I love coming 1v1 w some douche running around w a sniper because even if he gets me the first time, i know it was most likely LUCK and i will get the better of them 80% of the time. I dont hate people who QS, i hate the TERRIBLE kids that try and end up going like 2-6 in games of SnD. Also, im decent at it and NEVER do it if i dont have 2. Secondary weapons are your friends!!!

You new to this game or something? It's being around for ages. :/

nickpeck36

Kinda lost why you made it sould like you have no clue as to what qs'ing is but in fact you do know... anyways it can be annoying I agree but it's not easy.  Here's a video with a guy thats pretty good at it.  I'd like to learn how to do it better on the Xbox but I'll just keep doing what I'm doing (QS'ing is much easier to do with a kb/m imo).

http://youtu.be/lG-hq74-818

lol @ this post .. first off quickscoping has been around forever, if it was a glitch it wouldn't make it into every game .. and for everyone that says quickscoping is easy, yes sometimes it is but you know what's even easier ... using any type of sub machine gun or assault rifle.

What some people dont undestand it that quickscoping takes SKILL to do, or just to be lucky with the lag. and no, i dont quickscope, im not that good at it online. it is annoying sometimes, but i can usually beat them

in short: not glitch takes skill to do

Using the sniper when run-and-gunning (as opposed to laying down, ADS'd in 1 spot for 5 minutes) is irrefutably the most difficult weapon to use. I don't understand how anyone can say it's "luck", at least anyone who actually knows what quickscoping is. Stuff like 360 YY Rb Y no scope takes nearly no skill and IS 95% luck, but that's not what quick scoping is. I have a feeling much of the community doesn't understand the difference. If you don't have 100% accuracy with your sniper you will die 9 times out of 10, while with most other guns as long as you have 50% accuracy you will still get a kill. If I get QS'd when I'm using an AR I know that I got out skilled.