19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 11:31 AM by meanbean1 RSS

New Prestiges?

rwcgillam

Don't do it because I said it.  I'm waiting for the official word, but...

When I sign on to the elite website and check my MW3 Career page, it says

"You're ready  for Prestige 11 / Level 1"

This is new.

(FYI:  If this is the most anticipated functionality they referred to, they are mistaken.  I'm still looking for clan ops)

• Re: New Prestiges?
    gzowner1

they are adding 5 more levels to help those that boosted already another chance. Just reason why i wont try to make it that far, because it gets boring after a while. I am working on 2nd now and might not take it further.. unless the maps are good and cheaters/boosters are being delt with.

rwcgillam

I know they are adding the levels, but yesterday I didn't get the "You are now ready for 11" message and today I do.

The bad part about adding the Prestige levels?  I have some friends who weren't planning on starting over on level one and they used their last prestige token for something else. In order to prestige, you need a token, so they won't be able to do it unless the get one as a gift.

rlbl

I am nto sure I got that... you need a token to prestige???

typically we got a token when we prestiged... not the reverse.  Somehow I doubt that to get the new prestiges we would need a token (there would be no point even if we got a token as a gift)

xXKingKongxX

You don't need a token to prestige, you get a token when you prestige.

I'm leveling up all my guns to as close as I can for the stats that don't reset on prestige, i.e. headshots, mastery etc, that way I can work through them as I unlock them and get the 10k points which should get me through the low levels quick smart.

rlbl

yeah I wanted to do that as well, then I accidentally overused the AS50 and got my headshots done! d'OH!

Time to work on the UMP, MP5, M4A1 and the barrett!

NO you DON'T need a prestige token to be able to prestige...

rwcgillam

I was wondering about the token, because I have a friend who was on 10th prestige level 80 and he could not start over because he didn't have a token.  I hope with the new levels added, he can now go to 11. 

Sorry for not being clearer.

Anyway,  tweet from @fourzerotwo (Bowling) 

@fourzerotwo  

New #MW3 update on @Xbox today made the new map 'Overwatch' available to Elite Premium & added 5 new prestige levels for all players.

Looks to me like only xbox got the new prestige levels for now, but he won't respond to my question regarding that (big surprise.)

For you PS3 users, don't get your hopes up. They're more than likely going to release the prestige pack when they release your DLC, which will be Feb. 28th. A week from now.

Clan ops is tomorrow, dlc and prestiges are next week. Elite has been like that since Sat. I noticed it then and made a post about it.