4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 5:29 AM by maccabi RSS

Why does Activision Value Modder Money over Honest Gamer Money?

It seems Activision has caved, yet again, to the modding community with the addition of 5 new levels to multiplayer.  Seems modding your way to the 80th level of the 10th prestige within weeks of the games release has become boring and crowded so now the little cry babies want more to falsely brag about.  I thought Activision's greed for the money of the masses would mitigate them chasing modder money somewhat, but unless I'm actually in the minority as an honest gamer this no longer seems to be the case.  Activision, if you want to keep selling the millions of copies of the COD franchise you have been thus far, STOP giving preference to the (minority of) Modders.  It's bad enough you don't do enough to combat their tactics, but adding more levels for these losers is worse and will COST YOU SEVERELY in the end; remove the addional levels ASAP, derank those who have those additional levels down to non-prestige level ones who need to gain 1M+ XP before they can reach level 2, and add more game moderators (see my post about this and other ideas to improve the franchise).

• Re: Why does Activision Value Modder Money over Honest Gamer Money?
    trialstardragon

You are only mad because now it will take longer to get to the last prestige than you first thought.

You are only mad because people could make it that far before you did. Your post is nothing but you wanting the game to suit only what you feel is right. Guess what it is not ever going to happen that way.

And no adding in more prestiges will not cost them in the end. Because many players wanted it and liked it, and not just the so called modders either.

Your entire tone of your post shows you are just mad that there is more to do before you would reach the last prestige now.

You do realize that these first 5 are just the begining, there will be another 5 down the road too. It will be a total of 20 prestiges to go through. Have fun crying about that when it happens.

• Re: Why does Activision Value Modder Money over Honest Gamer Money?
    maccabi

semperpaganus wrote:

It seems Activision has caved, yet again, to the modding community with the addition of 5 new levels to multiplayer.  Seems modding your way to the 80th level of the 10th prestige within weeks of the games release has become boring and crowded so now the little cry babies want more to falsely brag about.  I thought Activision's greed for the money of the masses would mitigate them chasing modder money somewhat, but unless I'm actually in the minority as an honest gamer this no longer seems to be the case.  Activision, if you want to keep selling the millions of copies of the COD franchise you have been thus far, STOP giving preference to the (minority of) Modders.  It's bad enough you don't do enough to combat their tactics, but adding more levels for these losers is worse and will COST YOU SEVERELY in the end; remove the addional levels ASAP, derank those who have those additional levels down to non-prestige level ones who need to gain 1M+ XP before they can reach level 2, and add more game moderators (see my post about this and other ideas to improve the franchise).

nice rant, the extra prestiges were added due to the fact beachhead fubared elite for so long the double xp rewards for leveling clans was pointless ... solution they added more prestiges