24 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 1:15 PM by anuebis216 RSS

Lag Compensation Since Patch Is Unplayable.

MLGTWISTED

This is what happens to me now when I play MW3.  I join a game in progress and go around 30/15 k/d because Im not host.  Then the very next game I'll go 5/40 because I get host every single lobby swap.  The lag compensation is as strict as Ive ever seen it, and right now I don't know what to do.  I see player, player see's me I die before I can ADS or even press fire, and its not just a few unlucky games; its happening in every game.  To explain more about how it is, imagine everyone is router QoS-ing(intentionally lagging there connection), and thats every game right now.  Please fix this or remove lag comp, the enjoyment factor is at an all time zero right now.

• Re: Lag Compensation Since Patch Is Unplayable.

Try putting your PC on and going on the web a site with just text no videos this should help you out.

mindhack1

I feel your pain.  I to have issues with the way the lag comp is acting.  I did not have nearly as much issue in Black Ops.  You would think since they all now under the same parent company they could learn from each other.

ghorman

lol...they (IW and 3rch) don't talk to each other.  Black Ops had an awesome menu system and now we go back to MW2.  The party system system was better in Black Ops, you could actually join a party.  IMO they are hurting our experience by not working together.

IW ignored Treyarch and Treyarch only built off the good stuff in the IW CODs and got rid of the garbage.  MW3 comes out and all the garbage that BLOPS removed came back in full swing... akimbo, weapons being unbalanced... etc.

Can't wait for BLOPs 2.  Haven't touched MW3 in weeks, and I don;t even care about the maps.

MLGTWISTED

mindhack1 wrote:

I feel your pain.  I to have issues with the way the lag comp is acting.  I did not have nearly as much issue in Black Ops.  You would think since they all now under the same parent company they could learn from each other.

2 different companies, Black ops got it right, mw3 is doing it wrong, and for some reason its gets worse every patch; not better, I just don't get it.

that6uy420

MLGTWISTED wrote:

2 different companies, Black ops got it right, mw3 is doing it wrong, and for some reason its gets worse every patch; not better, I just don't get it.

that's funny with how many people whined and cried that black ops was unplayable because of lag

mindhack1

that6uy420 wrote:

MLGTWISTED wrote:

that's funny with how many people whined and cried that black ops was unplayable because of lag

I am sure now matter what the game is; you will always have someone crying about lag.  I can say Black Ops had it's own lag issues (nothing will be perfect since your talking about keeping millions of games sessions in sync), but nothing like what I and others are seeing in MW3.

IW and 3arc are now just sub-companies under  Activsion.  Activsion is the one calling the shots.

This sounds almost exactly like what happens to me. Its very frustrating. I know MM can't and will never be prefect but come on. This is horrible. I can't play this game the way it is.

lol, I did a test to see if I can see any change in game. I took all of my devices out of QoS & unprioritized them. I had 2 HD movies streaming on 2 pc's, 2 itouch streaming Pandora, my tablet streaming & my laptop streaming. I was still 4 green bar and saw no lag, nothing any better, nothing any worse, but yet, 2 bar guys still sucked the life out of my connection and had the highest k/d in game.

*facepalm*

I want really want to enjoy this game dang it.

doing all that made your connection shite actually. then lag compensation gave you the 4 bars connection to bring you in line with everyone else.

the bars mean nought and plp need to stop looking at them unless it's a red dot.

my guess is that if you made the effort to have all that equipment streaming at once then the chances are at some point during your game play at least 1 of said 6 other devices were streaming at some point and your xbox is prob wireless. educated guess

My xbox is wired and I've tried that playing Reach and saw no difference and Reach doesn't have lag compensation or whatever that stupid crap they did to the game.

I've ALWAYS been 4 bar/green since the day I got the game, until someone with a sh** connection gets in and suddenly, I'm lagging with 3 bars showing.

I have never played attention to the bars until this game. I usually play as usual until I start seeing people skate around OR my Type 95 takes more than 2 trigger pulls to kill, then I'll check to see if anyone is red bar but 95% of the time 1-6 people are 3 and I seem to have issues when they are in the game.

I did that test to see if I could make my connection go down to 3 but I couldn't. I have friends that play on a 3G cell network (yellow bar all of the time) and they always have the most kills in a game. I don't get it.

I never really saw much lag in Black Ops but I did in MW2 and do in MW3.

Im fairly certain at this point IW's dev team trying to work out lag comp said to themselves, "what if we just gave all of them four bars *waves hands*, they're too stupid to figure out that we didnt fix it". Ive had constant four bar connection in every game Ive played. Constant lag issues. I for one dont get it.

"you just need to quit being obsessed about the bars" "they don't mean anything"

j/k

I'm just quoting what I've heard from so many other people say and of course, they are entitled to their opinions just as much as we are. The majority of those people have rarely experienced what we see so they can't/don't care to understand.

I have a decent connection (30d/4u), compared to a lot of people I know and they don't seem to have the issues as badly/often as I do.

and I really hope they are trying to tweak this.......yet again. I can't take much more of it.  5-6 games in a row going 4-14 gets old really quick while the sh** connection peeps are pulling off 25-4.

Way too many wtf moments for this old, cranky person to handle. I have and will break something.

It should read, lag compensation, who is fired?

At any other job in the world, people would be fired.

Respawn entertainment is going to be putting out a COD killer.

Time is ticking.

I would take SledgeHammer onto a stage and fire them all.

I never personally tested the game or seen the maps.

It was SledgeHammer and now they are fired, this will never happen again buy Black Ops 2 please.

mjw3786

signed. game is unplayable for me. had been since the patch before the latest content drop. i think that was TU7?

anyway, I gave up on this game weeks ago after that patch because it was pointless to play. got on last night to try new map hoping it was tweaked or fixed. nope, same issue, maybe even worse

1-2 full seconds behind the enemy. getting host every lobby, join in progress is more balanced assuming it doesn't migrate to me as soon as i join.

thanks for a few months of fun IW + mw3. i'm off to find a better game to play now

have fun y'all, hope it improves. i'll be checking back here to see if does so i can finish up prestige 9 and 10. if not NBD

iigallowsii

Black ops had the same issues. Treyarch eventually got the game playing better after several patches atleast for me. Im not sure what changed from MW2 to MW3 other than theater and stat tracking but MW2 still plays perfectly for me to this day. I dont even enjoy MW3 anymore game is super frustraiting and gun fights sometimes feel like a coin toss. I definatly regret getting duped into buying elite.

Ya I agree the compensation post patch is very strict. I was having a very hard time yesterday playing cuz I'm

On a college campus and the internet is always a little laggy to begin with... An the compensation was getting me killed a LOT more than normal