13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 10:20 PM by bo2000 RSS

Quality of Game is Down Once Again

A couple of issues have popped up:

1. Dogtags in KC will disapear in an impossibly short amount of time. Like 3~8 seconds. I don't know if its an actual mechanic to prevent DT camping, but I find it a obvious advantage to the other team.

2. The lag's so bad that I almost swear someone has a lag switch. For the large percentage of us who can't throttle our internet speeds down, we'd like our advantage back.

3. ACR is still unbalanced. Yeah, i said it. If you have to defend that, it's probably true. Same goes for the PP90M1. Wouldn't hurt to throw a little more recoil on that MP7 to make it at least somewhat of a SMG.

4. Matchmaking sucks. Hands down. 99.99% of the time when someone drops from a match, its manually. Do NOT put me back in the same game 3 times. Also should be able to find or avoid lobbies with 2~3+ people with the same clan tag. Manual lobby selection mode would be amazing. (like in COD:3)

That's all. Happy birthday to me~

• Re: Quality of Game is Down Once Again
    ap0stl3

If I'm correct, dog tags only disappear if: A) they are denied by the enemy team, B) the person who dropped the tag dies again, or C) the person drops out of the match.  I don't think they just "disappear" for no reason.  Agree with your second and fourth point.  As far as gun balancing, unless something is so overly unbalanced that it's almost unbelievable (Type 95, FMG9 Akimbos, Black Ops pre-patch Famas, etc., etc.) I think they should just leave guns alone.  People constantly complain about a gun and then after they patch it, another gun takes it's place and people complain about that.  So I tend to lean on the side of just leaving guns alone unless it's ridiculous.

game4fun

About throttling down your Internet.I seen a lot of vids on youtube about people streaming or downloading stuff to get better connection on mw3.Doesn't a lot of people doing that sort of thing make it harder for IW to make proper adjustments to create an overall fix.I mean with people purposely throttling there connection doesn't IW have a harder time actually fixing it.

esmorgue

game4fun wrote:

About throttling down your Internet.I seen a lot of vids on youtube about people streaming or downloading stuff to get better connection on mw3.Doesn't a lot of people doing that sort of thing make it harder for IW to make proper adjustments to create an overall fix.I mean with people purposely throttling there connection doesn't IW have a harder time actually fixing it.

They shouldve never came up with this FAILED concept anyway. No they cannot fix it. It is too late in the game. They shouldve fixed it in the beginning since connections are THE MAIN PRIORITY for online gaming.

If you have a [not specifically you] you should have to deal with it and use skill to overcome it. NOT have the companies give a handout to make the better connections suffer.

trialstardragon

Lag Comp has always been in the series is is not something new just to this game. they just never adjusted it so agressively before to try and blance out the playing field better and remove host advantage.

No one should ever have an advantage just because of connection ever, not even those that pay more for them.

esmorgue

You arent telling me anything I do not know. Yet someone with 1-2 bars in a <50ms-<75ms lobby should never have any advantage at all against someone with 3-4 bars, Period it isnt even sensible to have it that way. That is why you have people jerking and exploiting the system as of now.

In previous CoDs if you gave yourself 1-2 bars you were a moron and it would show in the game. Unless you had the type of connection where you always made it into 100ms+ lobbies where that is about the normal rate for connections as such. Now it is as if they place these connections into the lower ping lobbies for Lord knows whatever reason.

It is unfair to have someone with a connection that cannot recieve the info that is being passed to them, yet people with adequate connections, can recieve the info that is being passed by the crap connection with ease.

trialstardragon

The thing is no one should have an advantage at all. And that is what lag comp tries to fix. But with people artificially screwing with their connection it makes it harder for it to adjust properly before the match starts. And when it starts and that person stops doing what they were, they have an advantage because lag comp no longer makes adjustments when the match starts.

It is not really lag comp that is the problem it is everyone else trying to jerk it around to get an advantage because they suck with out one.

this post is so correct.  dont throttle yourself with downloading and stuff like that.  let them fix it.  most ppl who worry about the lag need to check their internet connection quality not speed.

here is the link to the best test. it will tell you your letter grade quality of your connection

pingtest.net

If you are saying more than one gun is op, then it should be obvious that they aren't actually op. Gun balance creates some guns that tailor to more styles than others. I'm not saying that the recoil on the MP7 isn't incredibly low, but saying 3 guns need to be nerfed after MPs and the Type95 were already nerfed is a bit bogus.

ap0stl3

Agreed.  Like I said, going nerf crazy with guns is ridiculous.  If one gun was extremely OP, you'd see everyone using it.  And I can honestly say after the type 95 nerf, I have not been constantly killed by predominatly one gun.  If a gun was so OP, everyone would use it and I'm just not seeing that right now.

Funny, I see almost everyone using a ACR 6.8. If not that, then a PP90M1. Then if not that, an MP7.

Then if not that, they're probably not in the top 5 players.

I think most people could agree that the FMG-9's were OP. I understand that they're suppose to outclass SMG's and AR's in CQC... but when 80% of the maps are CQC... you see where i'm going with this?

What T95 nerf? The "Reduced hipspread"? Please. That was never an issue. T95 is still a designated CQC 3-burst. (It says specifically its a CQC AR on the Elite video).

esmorgue

Umm. NO nerfy to the MPs. The RoF is back up on the MPs. The Dev acknowledged that. They screwed up AGAIN on it. They fail at altering there own games. Yet people that play them and go to high school can.

I never said they're OP because they're not.

IMO, unbalanced and OP are different things to a degree.

What I mean is that either there's too much damage vs. recoil, or not enough recoil to counter the damage output.

OP is that the damage output is greater than the other guns in its class after factoring in different factors such as effective distance, making it the sole winner in almost every battle if you take out other variables like player skill.

My point is that the ACR has very z-axis based recoil (towards the shooter) vs. up or over, resulting in very accurate shooting.

This is all fine and dandy like it was in MW2, however - the damage on the gun has actually increased. This throws off the balance.

@Game4Fun,

Did you not read that I'm not able to throttle my speed?
    Not because I can't, but because there are other people in my house that use the internet. I shouldn't have to downgrade my internet to have a great game.

bo2000

rsjc741 wrote:

A couple of issues have popped up:

1. Dogtags in KC will disapear in an impossibly short amount of time. Like 3~8 seconds. I don't know if its an actual mechanic to prevent DT camping, but I find it a obvious advantage to the other team.

2. The lag's so bad that I almost swear someone has a lag switch. For the large percentage of us who can't throttle our internet speeds down, we'd like our advantage back.

3. ACR is still unbalanced. Yeah, i said it. If you have to defend that, it's probably true. Same goes for the PP90M1. Wouldn't hurt to throw a little more recoil on that MP7 to make it at least somewhat of a SMG.

4. Matchmaking sucks. Hands down. 99.99% of the time when someone drops from a match, its manually. Do NOT put me back in the same game 3 times. Also should be able to find or avoid lobbies with 2~3+ people with the same clan tag. Manual lobby selection mode would be amazing. (like in COD:3)

That's all. Happy birthday to me~

1. dogtags disappear fast = they suck and got killed again. simple as that

2. game lags = IW suck and keep getting better patch by patch

3. OP weapon = you suck. get better or counter with akimbo fmg9

4. you suck agains clans? play mercenaries