1 2 3 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 7:25 AM by wierd worlds are these RSS

BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

Well BanCandy is legit, and will ban a cheater.

Steps you need to perform:

1) Start Recording the Killcam and current play of the cheater; as much as possible – remember, you need good solid evidence here. If you do not want to use the in game recorder, you can use Fraps or any other similar program.

2) Capture the Steam ID of the cheater

a) Shift+Tab while in game

b) Click on "Current Game" and find name of the cheater (Note: the name displayed may differ from the name the cheater is using in game – you may need to view the Profile of a name that does not match up with the names of the players currently in game to see the Aliases they use or have used).

c) Copy the URL or make a note of the Steam ID

3) Upload the video to YouTube (you will need a YouTube account for this) or give her your Steam ID and direct her to your Vault. Name the game so she can identify it.

4) Copy the URL of the video on YouTube and the URL to the cheaters Steam ID Profile and/or your Steam ID.

Here is the Form for reporting- http://www.reddit.com/message/compose/

BanCandy's Reddit:  http://www.reddit.com/user/bancandy - she will take it from there (she is a current IW Developer).

I have 2 videos in my vault with 3 cheaters I am about to link BanCandy too. This is no joke, and PC is as good as any platform. Don't waste her time sending BS complaints with sketchy evidence.

ALSO, link any new cheats, hacks, sites, etc. to her site.

Do your part and let's take back the neighborhood

• 1. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

You are crazy "ban candy" if you think I,m going to up

load video ,every time there is an aimbot or wall haxor in game. I wouldn't waste my time on your lousy unsecured video game .Fix the hackers your self,  instead of selling us corruptible material.

• 2. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

Well…Not sure what to say….upload to UT? WTF is that about? Is that so folks can upload 10 seconds of game play and pronounce walling? They will be overwhelmed with footage from cry babies like RawToast and =MB= clan members pronouncing every lucky shot as a wall hack...

• 3. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

Right, sure, Your still sticking to that story that innocent  legit awesome players (like you) are going to wind up banned, not cheaters?

quote from bancandy

"Footage is incredibly helpful and speeds up the process. If you don't have that available I can investigate and find incriminating evidence, it'll just take a bit longer."

That means she probably doesn't just go ahead & ban someone for a lucky shot.

• 4. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

What I said is I think she is going to get overwhelmed with hackusations from people like you.

The real hackers (I bet only the real obvious ones) will get caught now and again, but most of her day will be spent looking at lucky shots and just plain old good players. I did not even talk about legit players being banned. How does one even read in that innocent players are going to be banned with what I wrote? Just another example of how you are often wrong with your assumptions.

To be honest I hope I am wrong and that they can use this as a way to catch hackers. It just seems strange to use UT.

On another note...

Like I said in another post...Time to put your money where your mouth is. You wanted someone to accept your challenge to meet up so you can see if they cheat or not? Well I accept. Only thing is I don't trust you. There is a good possibility that you are a complete nut job based on many of your posts here, so we will meet at a time and location I feel safe.

The rules will be that I pick what sever ( I'm thinking =AR=) and which CoD version (BLOPS) I play. You can watch me be in the top 3 players for most of the games I play. After you see me do this, you can say sorry to me in these forums and admit you don't know as much as you think you know, keep your 10k, but buy me a steak dinner.

Put up or shut up time Do you accept so we can talk offline about where and when we can meet up?

• 5. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

@ a.d.p.alien - Thanks for your comment. I beleive there are enough of us willing to step up and help with the neighborhood watch. Just enjoy the ride, we don't expect you to do anything.

@ LetTHeWookieeWin - Anything you can post is helpful to the cause, even if it's only a Steam ID. The more there is the more sure and quicker it happens.

@ UKReaper - Suspicions aren't good enough. The system is not perfect, but it's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than what we had.

...and to everyone, this is what you asked for. Make it work, help it work.

"Damn Few"

• 6. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

Hope it works...Time will tell. Thanks for all the info at any rate

• 7. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

You bet man... We had one Saturday. I will try to glean the evidence from the Theater and make it happen. I reported this guy near the first of December, and he's one of the blatant ones, through walls and everything. We still won BTW:) He entered the game late, and left before the end. Makes you wonder what they get out of it... but "GET OUT" are the key words

• 8. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

so what if you get banned and weren't cheating? how does one dispute it?

• 9. Re: BANCANDY is REAL and a God Send to PC Players

I know she states that she works for IW Dev team, but I just wonder how she actually goes about determining the legitimacy of the videos and/or evidence that are submitted. Also, how does she actually enact the ban? Is it via Steam or how? Do the people that are accused receive any notice of a pending ban and are they presented with the evidence and a chance to "plead" their case?

Not that I feel any sympathy for cheaters, but I foresee good players getting accused of hacking simply because there are SOOO many hackers; and with the "smart" hacks, it makes it even harder to definitively point out a cheater from the good players.

1 2 3 Previous Next