1 51 52 53 54 55 Previous Next 564 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 11:54 AM by uberNoobs Go to original post RSS
  • 520. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    Jinx484

On top of that... how then, do you explain that this (and Black Ops) is the only game that this happens on?  People have (close to) flawless connections and online gameplay with almost every other online multiplayer game.  If it was your line or connection, it would happen every time without fail.

• 521. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    papaxs

Blacks ops played awsome for me but I mostly played that game solo, with a full team I would see a lot more lag.

Remember I never denied that there is something wrong with MW3, I was throwing ideas out there to help with people with all the other stuff they are seeing.

• 522. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    dohadoh

Yeah, this is the worst CoD because of these kind of  issues.

This game could be a lot better.

A lot of the time I can tell when someone is 'being compensated for" because the games sometime slow and speed up. Among all the other issues, it's hard to keep on it.

My favorite as of late has been when it phases out my C4 completely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_6EMVsWKFc Not the first time, and not the last...

It just seems like MW3 got way out of control. It seems as if the intended outcome was a better experience overall but just didn't play out, and is so far along now - cannot be rectified.

• 523. Re: This is Lag Compensation

I never had a problem with online gaming until Black Ops it was bad at times for lag and the game freezing for a second and then not running smooth. MW2 was good i never had a problem with it and COD4 and COD WAW also played well and i never lagged or got killed by people i could not see and the hit markers were spot on when i fired. I still play MW2 sometimes and it still works fine and also WAW when i can find a clean lobby works well still to. I now have gone back to Black Ops even though it has similar problems it is know where near as bad and i have more fun and far less frustration with the online play. MW3 is rubbish to play i have good stable Internet with 0 package loss when tested on different sites and average 25ms ping.  Look at the number of players compared to 2 months ago it has dropped and i find more people on Black ops and MW2 now then 2 months ago so it speaks for itself. I won't go on anymore as i have said what i need to say in previous posts if you care to read other posts more people are being effected that weren't before simply because less people are playing MW3 online now.

• 524. Re: This is Lag Compensation

lag compensation will be the death of this game, seems to me they set it up for people who have a basic internet package, and all those who have invested in good internet can go online and be cannon fodder for these people! all good but if u **** your hardcore fans of the game they will go on the internet and slag the game off, rob bowling resign's, maybe mw3 isn't going down well. personally i think he got pushed

• 525. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    capp00

Will be interested to see if the Maccabi patch helps at all.

• 526. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    MAESTRODOMINUSi

Seems that if you pay more for elite you have the priviledge of having priority access to new content but if I pay more for my internet for a better connection, devs dont take that into consideration and I get penalized for people with bad connections. In that case, new maps should be immediately available to everyone based on that philosophy right???  This makes no sense and I have to say this is the most frustrating game in the series to play due to lag.  I would think that this being the 8th version of the game out, they'd have lag down to a pretty good science but it is worse.  Kinda like Activision trashed all the old staff and the new staff is learning all of this for the first time.  I never had a problem with Black Ops, there needs to be more collaboration between the two studios to help each other with what doesn't work.

• 527. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    MAESTRODOMINUSi

Seems that if you pay more for elite you have the priviledge of having priority access to new content but if I pay more for my internet for a better connection, devs dont take that into consideration and I get penalized for people with bad connections. In that case, new maps should be immediately available to everyone based on that philosophy right???  This makes no sense and I have to say this is the most frustrating game in the series to play due to lag.  I would think that this being the 8th version of the game out, they'd have lag down to a pretty good science but it is worse.  Kinda like Activision trashed all the old staff and the new staff is learning all of this for the first time.  I never had a problem with Black Ops, there needs to be more collaboration between the two studios to help each other with what doesn't work.

• 528. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Apr. 15, 2012

community.callofduty.com/message/205561257#205561257

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

I've been meaning to comment on CAPP00's (forgive me if I got the name wrong from memory) very well put together video.

Much of what he eloquently presents is true of any online game, bar those that employ a lock step mechanism. What you see on screen and what the server's view of the world is are rarely, If ever, in sync. This is true of MW1-3 as well as Black Ops. Since Black Ops introduced theater, however, you have been able to see behind the curtain. so to speak, and visualize this delta. We do not 'fix up' the replay in any way.

So when everyone is out of sync with each other what can you do? Try to fairly resolve disparate views of reality. This is what we are attempting to balance as fairly as possible.

We are implementing one of the things CAPP00 suggested in the next TU (indeed maccabi also suggested this some time ago). MW3 currently attempts to place parties in a lobby where everyone has an equivalent ping to the host. This was well intentioned - same ping = no advantage/disadvantage in theory. However, the transient nature of lobbies, host migrations and the fact that parties are often geographically widespread has caused us to rethink this policy. A four bar connection is always better than a one or two, clearly. We have decided it is better for our players to have control over this by searching for games in the region of the host and use the 'make player party host' functionality provided in the game to see what provides the best solution for them. Why didn't we do this before? We were/are concerned that this is a fairly technical concept to understand for the mass market player who wants to just party up with mates and shoot people.

We'll see how this change impacts the game. The closer the parity in perceived state amongst as many players in a lobby as possible the better the gaming experience will be.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 529. Re: This is Lag Compensation

I have a question, and I don't think anyone has asked it, so here goes...Is there any chance the lag issues are related to the new xbox slim consoles?

1 51 52 53 54 55 Previous Next