1 52 53 54 55 56 57 Previous Next 564 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 11:54 AM by uberNoobs Go to original post RSS
  • 525. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    capp00

Will be interested to see if the Maccabi patch helps at all.

• 526. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    MAESTRODOMINUSi

Seems that if you pay more for elite you have the priviledge of having priority access to new content but if I pay more for my internet for a better connection, devs dont take that into consideration and I get penalized for people with bad connections. In that case, new maps should be immediately available to everyone based on that philosophy right???  This makes no sense and I have to say this is the most frustrating game in the series to play due to lag.  I would think that this being the 8th version of the game out, they'd have lag down to a pretty good science but it is worse.  Kinda like Activision trashed all the old staff and the new staff is learning all of this for the first time.  I never had a problem with Black Ops, there needs to be more collaboration between the two studios to help each other with what doesn't work.

• 527. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    MAESTRODOMINUSi

Seems that if you pay more for elite you have the priviledge of having priority access to new content but if I pay more for my internet for a better connection, devs dont take that into consideration and I get penalized for people with bad connections. In that case, new maps should be immediately available to everyone based on that philosophy right???  This makes no sense and I have to say this is the most frustrating game in the series to play due to lag.  I would think that this being the 8th version of the game out, they'd have lag down to a pretty good science but it is worse.  Kinda like Activision trashed all the old staff and the new staff is learning all of this for the first time.  I never had a problem with Black Ops, there needs to be more collaboration between the two studios to help each other with what doesn't work.

• 528. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Apr. 15, 2012

community.callofduty.com/message/205561257#205561257

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

I've been meaning to comment on CAPP00's (forgive me if I got the name wrong from memory) very well put together video.

Much of what he eloquently presents is true of any online game, bar those that employ a lock step mechanism. What you see on screen and what the server's view of the world is are rarely, If ever, in sync. This is true of MW1-3 as well as Black Ops. Since Black Ops introduced theater, however, you have been able to see behind the curtain. so to speak, and visualize this delta. We do not 'fix up' the replay in any way.

So when everyone is out of sync with each other what can you do? Try to fairly resolve disparate views of reality. This is what we are attempting to balance as fairly as possible.

We are implementing one of the things CAPP00 suggested in the next TU (indeed maccabi also suggested this some time ago). MW3 currently attempts to place parties in a lobby where everyone has an equivalent ping to the host. This was well intentioned - same ping = no advantage/disadvantage in theory. However, the transient nature of lobbies, host migrations and the fact that parties are often geographically widespread has caused us to rethink this policy. A four bar connection is always better than a one or two, clearly. We have decided it is better for our players to have control over this by searching for games in the region of the host and use the 'make player party host' functionality provided in the game to see what provides the best solution for them. Why didn't we do this before? We were/are concerned that this is a fairly technical concept to understand for the mass market player who wants to just party up with mates and shoot people.

We'll see how this change impacts the game. The closer the parity in perceived state amongst as many players in a lobby as possible the better the gaming experience will be.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 529. Re: This is Lag Compensation

I have a question, and I don't think anyone has asked it, so here goes...Is there any chance the lag issues are related to the new xbox slim consoles?

• 530. Re: This is Lag Compensation

I don't think so i have a slimline and can go on MW3 and get lag killed alot, but if i put in black ops or MW2 i can get kills no worries and bugger all lag. So unless their is some incompatability between MW3 software and the Slimline. I suppose we will see if they ever do the matchmaking patch they been blabbing on about for the last month. And if that is the case then i hope we don't have the same issue with Black Ops 2 new software, but i doubt it as it's based on Treyarchs Black Ops  software not Infinty Awards useless team of knitwits.

• 531. Re: This is Lag Compensation

This was a well made explanation on the bulls%$* that is call of duty at the moment.great game poor community acnowlagement that theres even an issue!

• 532. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    blarkw

THis is what I have been seeing a lot of as of late. I made a post about it yesterday not know that this wonderful topic was here. I sure wish they would do someting about it or I will have to stop playing, it is unplayable as of Sunday and has been since yesterday. I hope toinight thigs are better but I am beging to lose faith.

• 533. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    gutsy

Hopefully the reason things are so bad right now is because theyre testing things on their end. Also lets all pray this type of lag comp isnt implimented into any other cod again ever haha

• 534. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Why can't they apply some sort of lag compensation limiter code that limits the # of times a player can get host and/or lagged in a row (or per hour or per day... whatever the appropriate limit is).

Perhaps a sliding scale?

Game 1 = if lagged, lag 100%

Game 2 = if lagged, lag 75%

3 = 50%

4 = 25%

5 = zero lag,

I hope they go this route regardless, because playing one laggey game is enough, but to have it for hours on end is insufferable.

I'd be willing to take the occassionally laggy game if I knew that the next ones would be progressively better (and/or in a few games I would be unfettered of lag)