19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 1:40 PM by pbomadbrute RSS

Why o campers call others campers?

that makes no sense. yes i camp too but at least i can admit it but when playing FFA today some guy called me a camper when the whole ite he sat in a corner xD i love this (: Campers call other campers campers but only one admits it lol do any of you guys run into this? and do you camp too?

• Re: Why o campers call others campers?

You wouldn't believe how much people call me a camper, when yet, I'm the one walking around and they're the ones sitting down in the corner. >.>

smokesdope

I only play FFA and cant stand the corner camper what are they doing how can ADS and never moving be fun I just cant understand it.But hey kill me once and Im sneeking up on your dumb ass and sticking a semtex to your nut lol works every time.

CowboySr

I am not a camper. I consider my self to be a Walker. Long live the Walkers!

I am a strategic camper.

I will find an area where theres a choke point.

With as few approaches as possible and a narrow field that needs to be watched.

Stand in the open clearly visible, and even make noise.

Then pop the baddies as they come at me with my trusty MK14.

But I will tend to stay in that area and deny passage through to all enemies.

I admitt I do not care for the type of camper that hides until you run past and shoots you in the back.

that6uy420

why not?  That kind of camper just points out the obvious flaw in a run n gunners strat...  running running running...  don't mind that corner.. there can't be someone there... running running running BANG!  run n gunner dead... send message "f%^$ing camper!"

Run and gunners and campers both have the wrong tactic, because they're too much of an extremist on either end. A nice happy medium is nice. The only time Ive ever actually thought something the youtube personality whiteboy7thst was worth using was his goal in FFA is to control around 20% of the map. Dont camp, patrol. Control your sector.

that6uy420

we always get called campers while playing team defender....  I thought the name of the game spoke for itself... but from what I understand from other players(the ones calling us campers)... the point of defender is actually for the flag carrier to run around the map and let the other team kill them.... all the while making the flag carriers team chase him around to try and protect him....

capp00

What I hate is when I get the game winning killcam, and the replay doesn't show me running in, ADS and firing. It seems to always start right as I have stopped running and ADS, so going by what it showed in the replay, I was sitting there ADS the whole time.

Then we get back to the lobby and it's "Camper" and some other insults.

I'm like, I was effing at a dead sprint the entire match, using a shotgun. lol

JGDC74

A lot of players who moan about camping are just annoyed about someone camping in THEIR spot!

spkTKay

There are 2 types of camping (for me).

Those who just sit in the corner waiting for enemies or

those who just killed a camper and the camper and his team is willing to take their spot back no matter how often they die. This is the way I like to camp, drives people crazy they come back over and over^^

I experienced some mad campers last night. In every match they'd rush to a spot just shy of the halfway point of the map and wait in a corner pointing their weapon at a door, hallway or street. I'm all for getting a kill and moving to a corner to reload, then keep moving, but FFS how can it even be fun to just sit there waiting for people to walk by the whole match?

It sucks when you play slow and steady with a solid tactic to be taken out by some a-hole sitting in a dark corner of a room.

THEN you finally kill them with a stun-grenade combo to the face and you take over their spot to teach them a lesson and kill them when they come back only to get hate mail from them calling you a camper. lol. Idiots.

whats funny to me is some people(I am probley one of them) are not very observant of the area they are walking or running through. I have gotten double and triple kills because people would walk right passed me as I was sneaking around.

I have even see my own teammate walk right passed an enemy team member in a gilliesuit(sp?), I can understand this, because at times I have had hard times seeing people they just blend into the background

Haters gonna hate?

The term Camper is a crutch now.  People need to have a reason other than they got killed on their own, so they call the other guy a camper.  I wish MS could put in a zapper in the controllers that would send a shock everytime someone said, "Camper."  

HORSESIXZERO

I will post tomorrow, gotta hit the train, but yeah, i want to comment on this.

yeah i got called a camper for taking this 12th prestiges spot over and over on Resistance lol

i mean the back corner by A flag i think is my spot that whole area is my patrol basically xDD but yeah he said i sucked and said i would only be pro if i got all my kills as trickshots xDD

i know the feeling i run spaz-12 , ksg or model .  80 percent of the time and yet i get called a camper for running my butt off chunking c4 most times in obvious camping spot i admit though i do camp when im playing matches for sea snipers or fraggednation but lets face it thats what u have to do because u can bank the other team will be sittin there waiting on ya with a thermal sight and a smile