1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 208 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 4:10 PM by adw1983 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    vims1990

You don't seem to understand what they want.

More consistency with shotguns at close range.

We aren't expecting shotguns to have the range of 2 football fields

• 16. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    9blackguys

mrepictoast wrote:

Build the Damage proficiency into Shotguns.  Every other gun has built in Stopping Power, why not the Shotguns?

QFT

I think building the Damage Prof. Perk into all the shotguns is a great idea! Since, as mrepictoast pointed out, all other guns have it built in, Shotguns should too.

GRIPE #1

If IW doesn't like the idea of building the Damage Prof. Perk into shotguns, then make AR's and SMG's weaker, one or two less bullets I think is a fair compromise. It honestly feels like I'm always playing hardcore, at least in regards to how mortal and fragile I am.

Most of the AR's and SMG's have about 800+rpm rate of fire, and with as little recoil as they have, it is nearly impossible to survive an encounter against them.

If I get shot in the back, by the time I can react, I'm dead. Only when the attacker misses do I get a chance to strike back, and thats assuming he's within my range.

AR's and SMG's kill you in what feels like 1-2  bullets. I know people refer this as "insta-kill" or when lag causes you to die before you recieve damage, making it "look" like you died instantly. However, I have the MW3 Weapons statistics spread sheet open right now,  and despite what those stats say, I swear I get killed in 2 or less bullets, and I know I'm not getting shot in the head when this happens. Either make AR's and SMG's weaker, add more recoil or reduce their rate of fire, or something, do something please.

GRIPE #2

That was one of the first things I noticed about this game, its that you die way too fast in my humble opinion. At least when compared to previous titles.

I can't survive C4, well placed 'nades or car/barrel bombs, even with Blash Shield equipped. Flak Jacket was able to save users from those things. It was much better at what it was supposed to do. I think that Blast Shield should be buffed so that it's as effective as FJ.

Also The Pro version of BS should reduce Flash and Stuns by 90% like Tactical Gas Mask pro did in Black Ops. As it stands now, BSP is only barely more effective than not having it on at all. Assassin still seems like the wiser choice between those two.

See my thread: Petition to buff the AA-12

http://http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200393961?start=0&tstart=0

• 17. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    9blackguys

Oh and how "official" is this out of curiosity?

• 18. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

as official as community forums get

• 19. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    9blackguys

meaning...?

• 20. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    trialstardragon

You set the scroll whell to fire the gun on the mouse. You just have to scroll the wheel in any direction quickly and you can reach max fire rate on any gun. No mod needed at that point, just a mouse.

• 21. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    trialstardragon

Not at all, since it was not officially started by a developer or moderator and only by a forum member.

• 22. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    9blackguys

Yeah thats what I thought, I've got to stop being so gullable.

• 23. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    Brick2urFace

Here is what we have got most shotgunners behind in terms of buffs.

spas-12 we want 40-14 damage stock.  We have had this close range damage before on the prepatch spas 12 with emags.  No one complained about it being op up close because it wasn't.  There wasn't a single nerf the spas thread I could find, but there were tons of buff the spas' range damage threads.  We just want the pre patch damage back up close.

1887 we want 40-20 damage stock.  With the 1887 having the lowest range of maximum damage of all the pumps, no attachmnets, low mag size, and wider spread it can easily accomodate 40-20 while still being balanced.

ksg-12 we want 40-15 damage stock.  The ksg is at ang extreme disadvantage because of its lower range and rate of fire.  Having it do high damage so it is extremely reliable is the only way to insure it is balanced.  40-15 stock will make the ksg the most reliable shotgun inside of 36ft.

aa-12 we want 20-10 damage.  This thing is so weak right now it is embarrasing.  And the extremely low ammo it comes with forces you to use scavenger to get more than a few kills with the original starting ammo.  The reduced range and spread of this weapon from mw2 make it almost necissary to buff it to this.

usas-12 this gun is functional right now.  it generally gorks as expected.  There is one area where its weakness is clear though.  At the very end of its range even with damage on it can take 4+ shots to kill.  For a gun that fires that slow to take 4 shots at range makes it too weak at that range to be usefull.  You are better off avoiding engagements at that distence but If you are forced to there should be some effectiveness.  At that range any weapon will kill in under .2 seconds.  Making the usas do 25-8 instead of 25-5 makes it a reliable 3 shot kill at range with steady aim and good accuracy.  This gives the usas a .8 seconds to kill at max range with the optimal setup.  That is fair comparing it to every other gun in the game.

The striker is fine in its current form.

• 24. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

Not to be nitpicky.

but unless IW, Activision, etc.. authorized this thread you really can't call it the OFFICIAL anything.

it really should be called UnAuthorized.

by labeling it OFFICIAL you try to mislead readers into thinking this get attention from Devs.

I doubt they look at this at all.

BTW shotguns still seem a bit OP to me, but I don't necessarily want them nerfed.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next