1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 208 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 4:10 PM by adw1983 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    trialstardragon

The BO M16 was a beast. I coud out snipe snipers with it easily on the largest of maps using the acog. I used to head shot snipers at near full map with the gun. I went an entire prestige only using that weapon once I had the attachments I wanted for it. There was no other reason to us any other gun at that point for me. Even at medium range I could easily kill the famas users, at short range it still killed fast enough that unless the smg got the drop on me they died.

• 61. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    iamhollywood5

fived0l1aftl0ng wrote:

M16: Outclassed by the Type in every way. The M16 should have a higher damage at range, period. In fact, because the type shoots faster, the M16 should have more damage across the board to compensate. It doesn't have to be statistically equal, upping the damage to a 1-burst kill at all ranges will make it easier (remember, you still have to aim the reticule on the person, all 3 bullets aren't guarenteed to hit).

AK-47: More damage. This gun is outclassed by a few others (I think the SCAR and ACR???)

The M16 already does have higher damage at range than the Type 95.  Type 95 damage is 55-20, M16 is 45-25, so it takes 1 less bullet than the Type 95 at long range. Still, it takes 1 more bullet in close-mid range (going from 2 to 3 is a huge difference in CoD), shoots way slower, and has a bit more recoil.  Completely outclassed, and obsolete honestly.

However, instead of giving both the M16 and Type 95 the same fire rate, I'd rather see the M16 get a flat 35 damage at all ranges (no drop-off, always a 3 shot kill) and 35-30 with a silencer, and then leave the rest alone.  At least this way the 2 guns are still unique from each other.

And yes, the AK-47 could definitely use some love, just like its brother, the CM901.

• 62. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

For buffs:

- M16: increase the RoF to that of the type 95

- CM901: Add a 1.1 multiplier but decrease minimum damage to 24

- Ak47: increase long range damage to 30

- MP5: increase its long range damage to 25 so that has something over other SMGs

- PM-9: increase the range by 30% so that it has around the same range as the other SMGs

- LMGs should all get at least a 40% increase in range

- remove gunkick on the LMGs

- decrease pistol raise and drop time so that they are actually reliable for weapon swaps even if you don't have SoH Pro

- Buff the Dragonuv to 98 damage but cap its RoF at 500 RPM

- Make all the manual action shotguns do 40 damage per pellet at close range w/out damage

- Buff the AA12 damage to 20-10 damage or make the pellet count 12 instead of 8.

- increase the centerspeed on the MP412 to 1600.

For nerfs:

- decrease the type 95 RoF to that of the M16 but increase the long range damage to 30

- decrease the MP7's long range damage to 18

- decrease the long range damage on the Mk14 to 36

- decrease the long range damage on the ACR to 25

- cap the 50cal's RoF at 300 RPM

- decrease the FMG9's damage to 40-17

- decrease the MP9's damage to 33-15 and normalize the headshot multiplier to 1.4

- decrease the Skorpion's damage to 30-17 and normalize the headshot multiplier to 1.4

- decrease hipfire accuracy on the g18.

For quirks and attachments:

- make the USAS sprint bonus apply the the AA12

- remove the sprint bonus from the machine pistols

- make rapid fire decrease centerspeed value on all guns and increase sway on the M16 and T95

- multiply the AA12's reserve ammo by 3.

- multiply the reserve ammo on the M320 GLM by 3 so that it at least is a useful recon tool.

• 63. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    asasa

So, make the M16 more useless? Lower damage but higher firerate? The thing has too much recoil to hit people at a range and no cqc purpose still... so.. I dont get that.

CM901 absolutely not.. no 2HK full autos. They ruin the game.

MK14 doesnt need a nerf.

FMG9 needs to do less damage close range, like 30-20 and 24-18 for the MP9

What is the G11? lol.

I like the idea of giving shotguns free sprint.

If any dev reads this, please consider this: Give shotguns Focus for free. If you get shot first, you are dead no matter the range. Damage view kick is such a broken mechanic.. and obviously I cant use Focus on a shotgun where I need damage/range. Even with a damage buff, damage/range would still be the best. So just give shotgun users focus.

• 64. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

asasa wrote:

If any dev reads this, please consider this: Give shotguns Focus for free. If you get shot first, you are dead no matter the range. Damage view kick is such a broken mechanic.. and obviously I cant use Focus on a shotgun where I need damage/range. Even with a damage buff, damage/range would still be the best. So just give shotgun users focus.

i like focus, i'd really really like to use focus, but i can't because i have to use damage to make my shotguns suck less.  I mean i guess they took stopping power out because they saw how it completely dominated whatever tier it was in right?  But then they decided to nerf all the shotguns and put stopping power as a profenciency that i needed to make them almost as good as base shotguns in other games?  Did they really think this was a good idea?

• 65. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

asasa wrote:

So, make the M16 more useless? Lower damage but higher firerate? The thing has too much recoil to hit people at a range and no cqc purpose still... so.. I dont get that.

CM901 absolutely not.. no 2HK full autos. They ruin the game.

MK14 doesnt need a nerf.

FMG9 needs to do less damage close range, like 30-20 and 24-18 for the MP9

What is the G11? lol.

I like the idea of giving shotguns free sprint.

The FMG9 already has really short range, the problem is that it decreases to a fairly high minimum damage for a secondary.

CM901 wouldn't have really far 2HK range and it would be evened out by the high recoil it has.

MK14's big problem is that it's damage is so high that it gets ridiculous range. 36 would make it a 3HK still (2HK if you get two headshots) but would reduce the ridiculous range it has.

And the M16's biggest problem isn't the recoil, it's the low RoF. It should be changed to the high RoF burst fire AR that is easier to spam and the Type 95 should be the high damage burst fire AR that rewards accurate shots more.

And that was a misspelling, I meant the G18.

I just realized though the pump-actions don't really need the exra sprint as much. The AA12 would certainly benefit from it though.

• 66. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    asasa

FMG9 has no use outside of its max damage range, unless akimbo [smart IW] due to its recoil. Its close range damage is equal to that of SMGs.. just with a bit more recoil. That is wrong.

CM901 has the same recoil as the AK47 from MW2, Black Ops, and CoD4. That's not much. Relative to other weapons in MW3? Sure, its a little bit higher... but far from high enough to compensate for a 2HK.

MK14 is semi auto. If you want to make it full auto go ahead and nerf it. ATM, it is absolutely in a perfect place. I use it and have a much higher K/D with the ACR, FAD, MP7, PP90 -- pretty much anything full auto.

Yes the M16 ROF is too low, no doubt. But the recoil is also too high. Its no more accurate than the full auto ARs. On top of that, the T95 is already spammable. The M16 should be the one to reward accurate fire.

The pumps are ****. Sure, they dont really need SoH or anything, but they can still use any buff there is. Free focus and excon would be neat.

• 67. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    iamhollywood5

asasa wrote:

FMG9 has no use outside of its max damage range, unless akimbo [smart IW] due to its recoil. Its close range damage is equal to that of SMGs.. just with a bit more recoil. That is wrong.

The FMG9 has a higher minimum damage than 2 of the SMGs.  Now, you're right that non-akimbo FMG9s can't hit anything outside of close range, but non-akimbo FMG9s aren't the problem.  With akimbo + steady aim, they can still snipe all the way across Liberation.  Given the insane recoil of the single FMG9, it is actually far easier to control from the hip, and when you have 2 of them each firing at 1000 rpm for a combined fire rate of 2000 rpm, it's pretty easy to land 5 bullets on a target half-way across the map just by centering your hip-fire crosshairs on them.

• 68. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

Hollywood, that's an exaggeration, the akimbos cannot hit snipers across Liberation. And if they could...well...the snipers deserve to die because they'd need to spray two whole clips to generate those hitmarkers.

I still think the akimbos are fine as they are...

• 69. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    asasa

Well, akimbo needs to go. That or they need to remove the recoil axis limits.. which would lead you to aim backwards.. lol.

So, remove akimbo and nerf FMG damage to 30... that would almost be balanced. Still OP as ****, but, hey.. cant even hope for that much.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next