24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 3:06 AM by Thesandman RSS

UPDATE 1.10......

wridtrvlr

So, I played yesterday after dl'g the new patch.  IMO, it seems they did something right.  I had a great 4 hour gaming session.  Deaths actually seemed legit and I found myself not getting PO'd and rage quitting. 

I actually felt like the game was helping me instead of hurting me.  I have a great connection and have been severely pissed since the 1.08 update.  (BTW, wtf happened to 1.09?  Anyone??)  When I updated to 1.08 I plummeted below 1.00 k/d.  Now I am already back up and over 1.00, somewhere around a 1.05 or something.  (Very low b/c I play objective based games only and ALWAYS play the objective.)  But I always try and stay with a positive k/d. 

What is everyone thinking?  Like it....hate it??  I will play again this afternoon when I get home from work and maybe my opinion will change tonight but for now I think I can say they have managed to do something correct for once.

• Re: UPDATE 1.10......
    notoriousped78

i think its just luck, sometimes your games go good the next game your getting killed straight after spawning.

It seems smoother, BUT I seem to seeing the enemy about a half a second after theyve seen me. Not useful! Found 1.08 better tbh

I suffered lag issues every time I turned the game on after 1.08; not every match, but I'd say in about 50% of the lobbies I entered.  I only played about 1.5 hours last night, but never had any issues.  Somehow, this post will ruin that.

wridtrvlr

I feared the same thing after I posted.  I was like "oh ****, now the COD gods are gunna ruin my game experience tonight for even bringing it up." 

I really hope it won't happen.  I will be home in just a little bit to confirm.  Either way I will probably only play MW3 for a short while since I've started another conquest in the classic PS, Final Fantasy VII.  Can we say best role playing game ever???

rwcgillam

Mostly went well for me.  A few lag issues but I think it was host.  Sat in a corner for a bit until I could move again then went on my way.

We didn't have problems finding a game with 6 people in our party either.  I think this is more evidence that matchmaking issues are due in part to the number of people playing.  SInce not everyone has the new maps, not everyone is playing on them.

wridtrvlr

You could be right about the map thing.  I don't own the new maps and prob won't invest my hard earned money into them.  I was only playing the old maps yesterday but it was the smoothest gameplay to date.

COD already raped me with this junk and I don't think they deserve anymore of my money.  Why would anyone release a game with so many issues?  It's just not good business practice.

rwcgillam

I know this answer won't be popular, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

When you test a game or any other program in a controlled environment, you will get a different result than you get when it is released to the public.

If you have, lets say 200 people using a game, you are less likely to run into issues than when you have 200,000 people.  Especially when those 200,000 people are from different locations, using different setups and connections.  You can try to anticipate things, but you will not know for sure what will happen until it actually happens.  Had this game not had all the bells and whistles that it has with Elite and premium and nonpremium players, I would expect that it would be less buggy, because it would just be MW2 with different maps.

People say they can play multiplayer on other games and they probably can.  Assassin's Creed, for example is (to me) a boring multiplayer game, but I don't lag and don't have any problems playing it.  Then again, how many people actually play AC Multiplayer at one time?  And you can't use choose your weapons and everyone looks just alike in the game. Madden and Baseball games are almost unplayable. EA servers are the worst servers in the world, I think.

Battlefield 3 is another example.  Most of the posts I read on here about BF3 are about how great it is.  But if you go the BF3 forum, posts are the same as here.  Fix the weapons, fix the lag.  I'm not going to play it anymore. 

This is why everything you see today (computer and electronics, at least) have upgrades, or version 2.0 or Generation 4 or whatever.  It's because they've found things within them that can be improved upon an then they fix it. 

That being said, I complain about lag and other things, too.  Sometimes I just need to get a little perspective.  But it doesn't last long.

try this playing tdm in dome i get flashed inside the dome from an enemy that gets killed so i lay down he respawns right in the dome and kills me wtf

Patch 1.10 is the best Patch out for MW3..

The game works great now and thats with me hosting on a ( http://speedtest.net/result/1803012626.png ) connection

im actually amazed infinity ward have got it right.. only took 3 months but they got there.. well done infinity ward for being able to fix this game and a big thankyou..

before this update i had to slow my upload down to play this game as i didnt want to host... now i dont care lol.. nice 1 guys

does sod all for me

I really think your jumping the gun, still run into host migration, still get dropped from games, haven't ran into the psn disconnect issue yet, split screen mic users voice still breaks up, now seeing and running into knife hit markers, the rubber knife issue isn't fixed, unexplained pausing in framrate but haven't ran into that massive lag pause that goes on for a minute, now we are running into users that have a mic hooked up but no icon nor can they talk ot hear others, but they can still hear themselves when in audio device settings, now for what ever reason voice volume has to be maxed out in game options before anyone can be heard, game recordings are nowhere near the level. Of black ops game recording.

The game is still in a sad state, they take 1 step forward and 10 steps back

blkbumblebee17

1.10? i just got 1.09 last night what they hell is going on here... if they are releasing two different updates and not noticing it i swear thats the final nail in the coffin for me im done with c.o.d. how can i check my update number for this because my update most def said 1.09

Give it a solid week of play at least. A single gaming session is not a good basis to determine if things have got better.

rainmaker6

wridtrvlr wrote:

So, I played yesterday after dl'g the new patch.  IMO, it seems they did something right.  I had a great 4 hour gaming session.  Deaths actually seemed legit and I found myself not getting PO'd and rage quitting. 

Too early to tell. 1.08 was definately the worst but even during that update there were some good nights mostly after the first week, week and a half.

The horrible lag also promted me to test my connection and I came the the realization I should have spent more on my router. I should have been getting 15 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up. Through the router I was getting 3 Mbps down 320 kbps up. So hopfully by this weekend a new router. Anybody have router suggestions? Only restriction is that it must be under $300.00

XTRMNTR

Had a nightmare tonight and i was further behind play than ive ever been in the past.
    Been running with my MTU capped put this back to 'Automatic' and it seemed better, still full off bs though.

I downloaded maps and update last night. Joined 5 different games 4 on dlc and 1 on outpost. The lag was so bad I think the longest time I spent in a game was 2 minutes. I figured if it was that bad witthout pulling host it was better to quit before something got broke. I will delete the game data and try again tonight but my hopes are not high.

wridtrvlr

IDK, played yesterday and it still seemed better than normal.  I had a lot of people backing out during the game but every time it had to migrate host it seemed fast.  I never hosted a game yesterday, I try and never host in MW3, and almost after ever match I go back to the main menu and find a new lobby just so I don't pull host. 

I don't have the new maps so I can't speak of those lobbies.  Maybe since everyone has started playing in the new lobbies the old ones have become less congested and the game can run smoother. ?? Who knows.  ??

Thesandman

Since the update i really have played quite well with no lag at all.