45 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 1:44 AM by chalmerzxd RSS

Thats it...I'm finally done with this game

I've tried my hardest to get along with this game but it's just a broken mess. Inconsistant connections every game are the biggest problems. I really thought MW2 was bad and this game would be a massive inprovement but no it's worse. It's a shame because I thought Infinity Ward would get it right but I'm afraid they didn't.

And the subscribtion thing, Elite was just testing the waters to see how many people would pay into it. I bet the next Infinity Ward COD will be a subscibtion only. You will have to pay to play one of their games in the future.

• Re: Thats it...I'm finally done with this game
    footballrule

At least you don't get noobtubed like in MW2 and in MW2, it was host migration every game, which usually failed. Elite isn't the best if you're a PS3 player.

I'm getting MW2 again, and as soon I as I get it, bye bye MW3.

Izjar11

Peace!

The connection and spawns in this game can be really F'n stupid. One match you will be moppin' the floor and the next it takes clips to kill enemies. And it only takes a shot or two for them to kill you. To make it more fun you will get spawn killed four times in a row because the game decides to spawn sandwich you between enemies. To make it worse the whole enemy team will be a bunch of negatives that suck at the game, but had the connection in their favor.

yodagamer

Why do people post threads that just say they are leaving? Why do they want to tell us?

They aren't telling just you. They want Activision, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer to know that people aren't going to deal with this BS for much longer. And I don't blame a single person for being mad about the BS. Why would anyone want to keep spending $60+ for a game that runs like sh*t?  Call of Duty makes more and more money every year, yet the games get sh*ttier every single time.

Jackal235

Simple,

the game is a trash for many (including myself) and we want to tell devs, how disappoined we are. Right now, the way the game works is to give lag advantage to some and disatvantage to others. That's why you see "untouchables" rushing everybody and scoring 40 in TDM and those who don't even see how they really died. We all paid same money for the game- why shouldn't we be treated the same?

belome921

Please dont leave, how will Activision survive without you! Activision already made their money on you this round. Yet I bet you will buy BLOPS 2. And once again a few months into that game you will be saying the same thing.

Jackal235

I guess we should all be quiet.

Everything is fine. Happy players, let's nicely buy some dlc packs. Let them make some more bucks. Why to fix anything?Let them make another game same way.

yodagamer

I am so tired of hearing that crap. The game is perfectly fine if you have equal to or better than decent internet connection. Either stop complaining and just play the game like everyone else, or sell it and stop complaining. Sorry, but its not that hard of a decision. If i was having big enough problems with the game where i got mad at it so much, i would sell it. But i like this game so i am going go to keep playing it.

notoriousped78

cod 4 best game ever

Im right their with you. It wouldnt even bother me if the lag was just fn consistant. Either I pull host and am behinf the action. Or im 3 bars Im behind the action. Im always 2 fn shoots behind in this game. Im so sick of this crap. Just give me the same bene advantage when Im 3 bars please.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having these problems, sorry it sucks for all of us. Lately I have been getting the lost connection to the server error. Then I try to reconnect and get the MW3 servers are done error. I have to completely roboot my PS3 and try, try again to connect with MW3 servers. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I have to reboot my modem, even though it's showing an excellent connection status. I have highspeed broadband, and I am paying extra for the faster premium service. I'm not having connection problems with my PS3 to the playstation network or internet, just with MW3. What's the deal?

On top of that, the last few days I haven't been able to acces MW3 Elite through my console; it keeps saying an update is required. Then when I go to update it, it's the same version and doesn't work either giving me the same message over and over again. What's up with this bull-****? Anybody else experiencing this?

cookiedood

i had to format my drive this week

and when i installed the elite app from ps store 68mb it took forever about 9 mins to get it

yet a 91mb map downed and installed in less than a minute strange

when i installed it though it said there was an update and it installed and loaded no probs

try rebuilding your ps3 database see if it helps

I got the Elite problem fixed, and luckily I didn't have to resort to extremes like you did. For that problem I just accessed Elite through the console app and not through the game like I had been doing. From there I downloaded the update when prompted and it was successful. I have been getting into Elite through the game so much I forgot it had a seperate access method outside of the game. Wish I would have thought of that sooner.

Dropshot935

I have a 30mb connection too, and my Playstation 3 is plugged into an Ethernet port.  My game barely lags, but I always die instantly, burns my kill cam shows me dying without firing or proning, or anything else, and it shows my killer just killing me before I react, even though I did.  It's called lag compensation guys, and it needs to stop.  My KD is .91, but it would easily be above 1.5 if I didn't have an awesome connection.  What is this, communism?  Good Internet people enjoy fast speeds while crappy users have annoying load times, so high speed connections get to be disadvantaged in the game while low speeds have a great time. Bs Activision, fix this crap.  I get shot when I'm well past a corner, and the kill cam shows me dying before I reach it.  Lag comp made me quit Modern Warfare 3, and I came back for the DLC drop, but I'm going to leave again if this continues.  End this lag comp.  if the host pays for better Internet, he should get the advantage you were trying to eradicate when you put in lag compensation.  I guess then, my Modern Warfare 3 KD would be 2.5.  I'm not kidding, I'm good, and lag comp screws me over.  I'm rob ably on elf the only people who won't renew elite, or buy blops2.  Im sick of this, and I've gotten all my friends who suffer from lag comp together too.  We're done with this crap Activision.  Fix your crappy rehashed game.  You took advantage of how good Call of Duty 4 was, and you need to pay.  Please people, boycot Call of Duty.  If enough people do this, I'm talking thousands, we can change this crap.  Of at least deprive these crappy devs of their undeserved cash.  Also, the spawns suck balls.  Especially in piazza and Free For All.

People won't boybott COD, but I will say I like your forum name.

[no sarcasm or homo]

DaShuk2381

Pretty much agree with everything you say here. My k/d is around .92 but on games that I don't experience lag comp I easily go for 25-30 kills and less than 10 deaths, so I know I'm better than the game is "letting" me be on certain maps/games. The lag has really ruined this game for me, I still play, but not nearly as much as I used to as each patch just seems to bring more problems. They still need to fix the spawns as well, last night on Carbon I counted 6 times where I spawned like 5 feet in front of an enemy player wth my back to them and was insta-killed upon spawning.

When you wrote "I get shot when I'm well past a corner, and the kill cam shows me dying before I reach it" hits the nail on the head for me. That happens to me too all the frickin' time!!!! I can't count how many times that's happened to me. I just thought, man there is just no escaping anyone's fire. I knew I totally ran clear but it's like you said, the kill cam shows it differently, with me not even making it as far as I saw on my screen.

Or how about when you look at the area in front of you and it's all clear, turn and within a split second you get shot from behind - the same area that was totally clear less than a split second ago!!!!! ARG!!! Man do I hate that. My K/D ratio would be much higher if it weren't for those two problems. And I'm guessing the second one is also due to lag?

aaces101

I can't say I disagree with you. However, I don't believe you will truly quit. I would gladly pay some extra for dedicated servers.

half-megatron

Pay for play isn't the fault of the people who make/distribute the games....Gamestop and other stores are raping profits away from them, they have to make up for it somehow BUSINESS.

I like the way people say if you don't like then don't play it. Well I paid £40 on this game so why should I be forced to stop playing it because the online doesn't work properly. People who are not affected are always the first to tell us to stop complaining or to sell the game.

You'll find that the retailers make a fraction to what Activision/IW/Sledghammer are making.

This game is totally F-UCKED..

Anybody who has an internet fast enough to pull host get screwed.. if every player left to play other games.. the middle speed internet player would pull host and the cycle starts over agaiin.. eventually nobody will be around to play ..

im out of words for this abortion/mistake of a once awsome franchise...

COD4 has long gone... im so glad i got to play it in its hey day because it makes this look like what it really is.. A BACKWARD STEP WITH NOTHING GOING FOR IT !!!

Well said.

Its not anything to do with isp speed, I have 2 homes, 1 in the city with high speed internet and a holiday home in the country with standard (slow) internet and the game lags pretty much all the time on both, when im host and when im not, in fact i think I get host more often on the slow internet.

So everybodys speculation that one is worse than the other is wrong. The game is sooo broken and its gettin worse for me.

cod 4 and mw2 were way better and much more fun. Why the hell dont they just use previous code for connections, as it was a bonus when you got host and game play was fine even if you didnt.

I hope gta do bring out the new game this year as I am sure that will be fun

chalmerzxd

I still play Mw2, not seen any hackers for the last few weeks. (xbox btw)