10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 4:59 AM by scratch_1_more RSS

C4 Rush Tactics | Best Lethal Equipment in the game? | MP7 vs P90 | Discuss

scratch_1_more

Since first prestige I've felt the C4 was the most devastating lethal equipment in the game, ended up using a token on it due to it being such a late unlock. What do you think is the best lethal equipment in the game and why. Also which gun do you prefer overall and why, MP7 or the P90? Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHsR6bSDoss

• Re: C4 Rush Tactics | Best Lethal Equipment in the game? | MP7 vs P90 | Discuss
    RAMBONER

I think I used my 2nd token on C4.....its great in this game.  I use it on all of my smg, shotty classes as I can move up quick and throw it.  I have had tons of 3+ kills with it in Domination where a nade would have yielded a hit marker.  C4 hands down is the best lethal.

I like both guns ok.  The P90 with RF rules all smgs cqc I think and the Mp7 is way better at longer shots so I think they are situational.  You could almost use overkill with these two and switch to the P90 when you are cqc and the Mp7 when you are in the open.  I dont think they are really comparible.  Its more like an AR (mp7) compared to an SMG(p90) IMO.....

• Re: C4 Rush Tactics | Best Lethal Equipment in the game? | MP7 vs P90 | Discuss
      scratch_1_more

Well said, the C4 is absolutely lethal (wish there was 2 like in black ops). As for the MP7 it's kind of like a mini ACR, has amazing recoil/accuracy at range only draw back is its reload time IMO. The P90 on the other hand with extended mags and rapid fire is a CQB monster with the ability and large ammo capacity to walk through enemies, but can also do well at range with slightly more recoil kick to control. Hard to compare and situational indeed.

I know it's more powerful, but I feel like having to detonate the C4 leaves me more exposed for longer than chucking a semtex and pulling my gun back out right away.  I hate the frags in this game.

P90 was my favorite weapon when I started this game and was unfortunately my first unlock.  Now I much prefer the MP7, although I usually go for gold on the Ump before I switch to the MP7.  The P90 and MP7 seem similar enough, I just feel like I have better luck with the MP7 without any real reason.

RAMBONER

You are correct about the C4 detonation.  I have switched quite a few classes to frags lately.  Used to have C4 on every class.  C4 is weak though unless it is tossed. You survive most of the time if you lay down prone.  Even with one on a flag in dom if you lay at the edge of the cap area you will survive without blast shield. 

scratch_1_more

RAMBONER wrote:

You are correct about the C4 detonation.  I have switched quite a few classes to frags lately.  Used to have C4 on every class.  C4 is weak though unless it is tossed. You survive most of the time if you lay down prone.  Even with one on a flag in dom if you lay at the edge of the cap area you will survive without blast shield. 

Indeed the blast radius is no where near what it was in Black Ops, which is odd to me considering you get two there and 1 here. However anticipating choke points and high traffic areas, or stun checking helps increase the kill ratio. If I'm chasing someone and get a few hit markers as they go around a corner (Or Vice Versa), I'll pause then follow up chuck a C4 anticipating their turnaround/chasedown.

scratch_1_more

dannytanner17 wrote:

I know it's more powerful, but I feel like having to detonate the C4 leaves me more exposed for longer than chucking a semtex and pulling my gun back out right away.  I hate the frags in this game.

P90 was my favorite weapon when I started this game and was unfortunately my first unlock.  Now I much prefer the MP7, although I usually go for gold on the Ump before I switch to the MP7.  The P90 and MP7 seem similar enough, I just feel like I have better luck with the MP7 without any real reason.

For me the only part where I feel vulnerable using C4 is during the toss animation or when looking up to get that extra distance. Other than that double tapping square actually eliminates the detonation (clicker) animation all together. Or you can use Quick Draw Pro which allows you to recover from gernade and equipment usage faster. Also I gave up on semtex a long time ago, they lost so much power in this game and I hate having to cook frags which I feel the most vulnerable out of the 3 using. To me the C4's ability distance and control wise can be manipulated in so many different ways, makes it extremely effective.

opb81

C4 is by far my favorite I did not start using it until the 7th prestige currently just about to finish 9th I have the anarchist title already unlocked and am 2 doubles kills away from the 50 double kills emblem. It works really really well with quickdraw pro and double tap square (ps3)

I love finding fun places to put c4 charges like stick it headhigh on walls when people are chasing me then wait until they walk in the room and boom. Another fun one is playing dom on bakaara throw c4 in the bed of the pickup by B if it has not blown up yet and wait until you hear you are losing b  then click/boom and wait to hear the wtf comments from the guys who just got killed.

I find my usage to kills ratio is much much higher with C4 than any other of the leathal options. 30% c4 to 10% grenade.

C4 is the best with Quickdraw. You cannot detonate any other equipment faster. I remember getting the Anarchist in MW2 and was so glad it was here as well with MAKAROV on the title to boot! My favorite situation is when an enemy shoots at me while one of us is behind a short wall. If it's me, I go prone and throw it over the wall when I hear them coming to finish me. If it's them  then it's a simple throw and double tap once the pack is over their head.

scratch_1_more

Yup utilizing quick draw pro and the double tap allows for instant detonation with little to no vulnerability other than when looking up for range. Also your not kidding about not being able to detonate any other equipment faster, towards the end of the video I knife someone and see two other enemies right behind him but was in the vulnerable animation from the knife but was able to get off a "short fused" C4 that I literally tossed 3 ft infront of me as I faded back around the corner to avoid the blast lol. If I didn't have C4 and had to rely on waiting to use my gun after the knife I wouldn't have recovered quickly enough nor been able to take out both of them, C4 allowed me to instantly turn the tables in that situation.