48 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 2:01 AM by like2nap03 RSS

Am I playing the same game as everyone else?

nintendon't

So I haven't been on MW3 since December, and I finally picked it up again this weekend, and WOW. This game is so great now. Why is everyone still ********? Treyarch has done an excellent job patching so far, all of the major problems like the damage glitch have been fixed too. I played the game for 6-7 hours straight on Saturday. It was THAT good. I couldn't put it down.

I mean this is the BEST port we've ever received from Treyarch. We got ALL the maps, no Wiivanas or half the maps missing like W@W. We got titles, emblems, customizable red dot sights, and even...*GASP* breakable glass! We got pretty much everything people said was impossible on Black Ops here. We don't even need DLC considering we have 16 maps....SIXTEEN maps. Sure we don't have the AC-130 or Predator missile, but in my opinion it's more of an enhancement then anything else because AC-130s/Predator missiles are annoying as hell if you're on the recieving end....

What's so awful about the game? Sure the FMG9s are slightly annoying, but they're much better then they were prepatch. You couldn't even react back in December if you ran into one of those guys. Now they're just annoying. Maybe they don't bother me as much as some of the people here because I'm not a 13 year old nerd that worries about KDR...idk.

Wii Admin if you're reading this, keep up the good work. Don't let the haters get to you. Remember, a wise philosopher once said "#$%^ what a hater thinks!"

• Re: Am I playing the same game as everyone else?
    Mrderpski

I'm happy with the game since launch, just like Black Ops and all previous CoDs

My problem Nintendon`t, and I dont know if its just me, but with the air support patch, ive been very laggy/jumpy. In the main its not too bad, but then get a few choppers up, and my screens in slow motion, its like my perks arent working! The last 3-4 days ive had almost constant lag, especially when in parties. Speaking of which, have you tried sending texts when your in a party? You can manage to do 2 letters, then it pauses for a second, then you do another 2 letters and it pauses again. Very frustrating

Dont get me wrong, when the games good and runs smoothly I think its pretty epic. Also it could be that im now playing with usa host nearly all the time due to my work hrs changing, and ive always had problems when usa host the games. Redneck said as much in his podcast the other day, that he plays with UK guys all the time, and when they party the UK guys always struggle with lag, and hes american. I do get a better rub of the green when I play afternoon UK time, so chances are its a european host.

McZOMBI

I'm with you. Apart from FMG9s and occasional lag me and MW3 get along just fine. Hardly see any hackers, when I do I leave. It's easily the best COD port on Wii. It's the first rule of forums that people only come when they have something to ***** about. 9 games out of 10 I love this game, it's a rushers paradise.

Godotpwn

You have the major remaining issues:

Damage glitch is not fixed.

Akimbo Machine Pistols are still OP.

Shoot people with a full mag only to have them turn around and 1 hit kill you is happening more now than ever.

Host FPS.

Hackers everywhere (not exactly fixable)

Enemies spawning directly behind/in front of you. I actually saw 3 enemies in FFA spawn AT THE SAME SPAWN POINT AT THE SAME TIME. Wish I had it recorded.

Then you have the minor annoyances:

MP9 Akimbo left gun still makes no sound.

MOAB still doesnt give double XP.

Automatically exploding C4's.

6 players to start a game instead of 4.

Game freezing every so often while searching for a game.

Taking half an hour to find a game with a party.

Aim assist glitch.

Map exploits.

Leaderboards reporting fake stats.

Semtex shows as Frag icon and makes Frag sound effects.

Friendly grenades display the icon when they shouldnt.

Grenades having no tracer effects (pretty huge issue).

Killfeed is not properly colour coded.

No numerical values for control settings.

Blast Shield doing next to nothing.

Rapid Fire not working on some SMGs.

Fake Care Package not appearing red with Sitrep.

Stinger cant shoot down UAVs.

Recent Players list doesnt work.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Done your homework there son

Regarding the spawn thing, all I can say is that on the smaller maps, if you get 5 run n gunners in your team, its very hard to spawn the enemy on safe ground.

The rest look pretty much spot on. You missed out taking about 50mins to find a game when in a party of 2 or more,.And texting when partied is very slow going due to the screen freezing every 5seconds.

Edit: You didnt miss the party wait out

nintendon't

Sure the game has some glitches, but every COD does. Even so, more then half the glitches on your list have no major effect on gameplay at all. Like complaining about "Numerical control values" is just being nitpicky. People like you are the reason why Treyarch doesn't like patching. You're never satisfied.

Plus why are people still ******** about host FPS? They pretty much fixed it, I can't even tell when I'm host half the time. I have even been surprised when I quit a few games and had the host ended game message pop up. They can only do so much with hosting due to the Wii's power. Again, you're nitpicking. It's not bad at all, and it's barely noticable.

Also with the major ones, they far from make the game "horrible". Stuff like akimbos and spawns only matter if you're one of those nerds that cares about KDR. Treyarch should worry about more pressing stuff like rapid fire being broken and the damage glitch.

Also, WHERE ARE ALL THESE HACKERS THAT PEOPLE KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT? I haven't seen a single who looked suspicious at all. Surprisingly enough, I haven't seen many hacked stiege guys either. Maybe it's because I'm a good player and don't have bad games that often...IDK.

Do you have proof that people were using hacks against you? Don't give me that "They have good games all the time its impossible wah wah wah my 1337 hide in a corner with assassin pro/acog sniper class can't be beat" bullshit.

nintendon\'t wrote:

Plus why are people still ******** about host FPS? They pretty much fixed it, I can't even tell when I'm host half the time. I have even been surprised when I quit a few games and had the host ended game message pop up. They can only do so much with hosting due to the Wii's power. Again, you're nitpicking. It's not bad at all, and it's barely noticable.

so why did you rage quitted? akimbo fmg 9?, lag? some other reason?

nintendon't

Dinner, work, ETC. I have things going on in life other then COD. If I have to do something in the middle of a game, I usually leave so the enemy won't get free kills off me and hurt my team. I never "rage quit".

I'm the type of guy that stays in the match whether I'm losing or winning. Only cowards leave games midmatch when they're losing. If I'm having a bad game where I can't win; I'll try to make the enemy team's win as uncomfortable as possible. (Whiping out my Ak74u/FMG9s, shooting down helicopters, noobtubing, ETC). I'll never quit though; I might as well trade in my MAN card if I did that....

Unless your host. On a sidenote, done editing?

nintendon't

Sometimes I end games when I'm host because everyone else in the lobby has a poor connection,but I never quit when losing

Remember back on Black Ops Grom?, When I had beef with you and everyone in DMC because you guys used to ***** out when ever we had a bad game? You guys would always ragequit and I would end up holding the fort against a team of 4-5 guys. I always make it a priority to finish every game regardless of the situation.

I finished editing/rendering the video but I'm not gonna be able to upload it until tomorrow. I ran into some real life shenanigans today and won't have time, it will be up tomorrow though. Sorry about that.

I would ragequit because my bad games were caused by my hosting. Now, my NAT type is moderate for some reason, and I never host. Bad side of that is that I can't have certain people join me, and I no longer host parties. But I don't host! So, the only time I ragequit yesterday was after me and the troll party lost the lead in the last minute to one of those assault in support hackers with infinte UAV in HC. I think anyone would leave after the 10th death due to prefiring.

nintendon't

Prefiring doesn't mean someone has hacks on. It's a legitmate strategy that works well on this game. I used extended mags and a silencer and I always fire as I turn a corner. Prefiring gives you an advantage in almost every situation because if someone's there, you'll be firing before they can even react.

The only bad thing about it is that everyone thinks you're hacking when you do it. I wish Treyarch would ban all the kids under age 18 off the game so I don't have to hear their ******** because I beat their ass.

Unless of course he is waiting at the corner I am about to round, despite that none of them were calling in any UAV, and I was using Assassin Pro. Simply put, there is no way he could have known I was there. Its not possible. Add that to the fact he was getting AH-6s and Pavelows despite dying, I am fairly certain I can say that he was hacking. Thus, raging was fine, although it wasn't a rage, just more of a trolololol because we had been team killing the whole game.

Or like the time when I get pre fired, then I get pre fired again by the same guy, then I get pre fired again by the same guy, then I go to my sneaky set up ass/blind eye, and I hide in a bush, and he finds me straight away, then I hide in another corner opposite side of map, and he finds me again in about 10 secs.

Some people are too quick to call hacker, but they deffo exist. I got called a hacker a few times and I suck nads

momskirbyok

Rapidfire not being noticed on some of the SMGs isn't a problem. The Wii only goes in 29.97 FPS, so you cannot notice the difference in fire rate.

skmace14

@Nintendon't this is pretty much the gist of what I said in my rage against Blops thread a while back

padiego

@Nintendon't

Whatever you're smoking, can I has some?

Seriously, this game is horrid. Yesterday, example. We had to drop you nintendont, just so that we could get into a game without much lag. For some reason, you kept bringing all of us down.

This game is terrible. Not for the reason why some people think it is. No, I say this game is horrid because it takes 10-20 minutes to find a match, and when you do, there's a damn good chance its hacked or the host is from zimbabwe. Its not the game itself that's bad, the game's fine, its not great, but its not horrid either, its just that the MATCHMAKING AND  THE SPAWN SYSTEM IS TOTAL UTTER GARBAGE. If they fixed matchmaking and the spawn system...god, I would love this game. I can look past a lot of bullsh*t, like akimbos and nerdscopers, but I can't look past the garbage spawn and matchmaking systems.

semperfi550

MW3 is a good game and it works fairly well BUT i must agree with you there. The match making is strait up crap for parties yet again. They made patches for match making in BO, why not MW3? D: But let me ask you this diego... what do want more? Taking 5 mins to find a game with a party (MW3) OR losing 1 or 2 members of the party and having to back out of pretty much every lobby to get them back? (BO)

padiego

In black ops, to find a GOOD, decent match took about 5-10 minutes, including the time it took to pick up allies left behind by treyarch magic.

In MW3, it takes a good 10-20 minutes to EVEN FIND A MATCH. Not even a good match, whatever kind of match you get, hacked, great, full of narbs, is pure luck. And I don't really feel like backing out and spending another 30 minutes to find another match.

It has come to the point where I have segregated my party based on connection. Just for the sake of finding a match, if I find out your NAT type is close, I'm gonna kick you out, don't care if you are my freaking long lost twin. Segregation based on NAT type is more common now, and everyone is so desperate to find a match that I seen party leaders kick out moderate players. Its madness, the best bet to find a match is to segregate your parties and hope for the best.

Fucknig lag compensation i hate it, today getting screwed again..so how made this? please fire him/her

Well you missed some of the "fun" like aimbot glitch or lost your account because it merge or even when save data corrupted you had your back up so that didn't frustrate you as many people here... but its not a bad game heck people still hate in blops (john -cough-) and for me its a good game and a fantastic Dom game, but mw3 there's revenge spawns, lag compensation (I guess this would be in my favor so please don't fix it? lol) and the problems that Godotpwn said its not a fantastic game in my eyes even all fix there's still death streaks and stuff they cant or wouldn't bother to fix for me to be happy but they don't are only making me happy but IMO they still could do a lot better with the game  and should still do better with it and I know there's no reason to create 20 threads about demanding patches but we are humans and demanding stuff and raging about people raging its our nature

But give me your ally code or add me 2152-8578-0291

fissuresofrequent

One thing...It annoying when everygame you play there's some guy dropping a predator missle explosion everytime he dies.

I love the game. The only thing that could make it better would be the annimated emblems from MW2, but hey, that's just me.

Well by now most of the whiners know we aren't getting DLC do they have now decided to find something else to complain about..

like2nap03

Oh I don't know.   Damage glitch is still there for anyone that had it.  As long as they don't change their profile or loadout that had the glitch then they still have it.  Akimbo is still OP.  We do have predator missiles because the game is hacked to death.  I see them every day now. 

Those are my complaints.  They are valid and I would like those things fixed.  Sure they can't stop hackers for long but another patch to kick them out for a couple weeks would be nice.  I can live without that though as long as they nerf akimbo and REALLY fix the damage glitch. 

Other than that this game is pretty darn awesome and I can't wait to play it when I get off work. 

The damage glitch, and endless akimbo users, really frustrate me though. Throw in some predator missiles and akimbo fmg9 customs (as if the regular one wasn't bad enough) and it can be a bad night.  Keep in mind I seem to run into hackers more than most people.  I usually see 3 lobbies with predator missles every night before I find one that's at least not using those.

I must say I am impressed with the magnitude of things that get fixed with each patch.  At the same time all that crap should have been correct before the game was release so I am hesitant to thank them.  I am impressed nonetheless.

PikaBoo

That list is just being WAY too specific...don't kids these days have better things to do? As for hackers, yeah they suck but really I've only ever run into custom FMGs and endless MOABS (once, only once people) and all you have to do is back out for the definite hacks as for Custom FMGs they can still die heck I see the guy I forget about the team and troll him. Recon Pro his hacking eenie weenie run around in circles while he chases you Its a freakin game kids. Sure the Profile glitch knocked me down....a lot.....and the aimbot glitch made me ragequit the entire game but it was just a nuisance. get angry and move on

`Well I just been reading and I find out all this hate on FMGs but in reality, they're close range weapon people claim them to be overpowerd but in truth they kill slower then a shotgun up close and they stand no chance medium/far distance versus a assault rifle/sniper/LMG. If you want overpowerd you go watch a good sniper with RSASS silencer/kick, now that's insane.

BlackMetroid95

I was reading this and i thought that this was a new dicussion, and that nintendon't was going off his rocker with this. I mean, the game is ruined thanks to cheaters. Then i saw when this thread was made. Damn necroposting.