39 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2012 4:13 AM by taNKDestro RSS

Ridiculous host advantage

Bettis123

Lobby after flippin lobby... i get handicapped in about every gun fight because my shots wont register and my opponent will always be ahead of me by at least one second.. half the time i can't even round a corner before i die. I use the best weapons i can like the mk14 type 95 acr to help improve my game.

Im above a 2 kd but i find these noobs with 1.5 k/d or less destroying me every gun fight.. and i rage quit probably 40-50 times a day so i can stand the game. I just wonder if anyone else feels the pain i go through, and is in rage with how jipped they get every match.

I tried barebones for a low frame per second game and less lagg, but i still don't win the gunfights i need to. I face people with a weaker gun.. a lower k/d.. and a lower accuracy but somehow lose? I face entire lobbys with this advantage and i am not sure what to do about it. I have time warner cable and road runner as my internet service provider. I have a 43 ms ping to my closest server, which i do not think is that bad. What could be the cause of this? Could it be my modem? I have a linksys router for my wireless internet.

• Re: Ridiculous host advantage
    OffTheEdge

you if someone has a k/d of 1.5 or less, they are noobs?

Bettis123

In my mind, yes. Because they do not use more tactics to improve their game. I try a majority of tatics to make my game improve, but this connection flaw causes me to be handicapped and play far harder then i need to, while others are half a sleep and drop me.

OffTheEdge

I have been playing COD since the first one on PC. I was a member of [=MSO=] as second in command for years. I am still a member as you are always a member unless you quit. I just have more local friends on PS3 so I bought MW3 on it instead of PC. My k/d is around 1.0 to 1.2 depending. It's been as low as .90 so 7+ years of playing COD and my k/d is less than 1.5 makes me a noob?  Intresting concept since I thought a noob was a new player .... We (on pc) never judged players by k/d. We did however judge them on game play style and respect of other players which goes a lot forther than k/d ratio. I have learned that on PS3 you get dis-respectful players on almost every game. Mostly idiots squating in front of you, blocking doorways or running in circles shooting in the air. Thats what noobs do. They ruin the game for everyone else with their game play style or lack of. If my K/d being less than 1.5 makes me a noob, go to xfire.com, or better yet just google my name MSO offtheedge and look at my stats. number one on COD in 06, and overall rank of 15 for the series.  Just sayin'

Bettis123

I think you are right about k/d being meaningless, because there are people with low k/d who are skilled at the game, but their playing style is different and the situations they get in like connection or just what they do in the game will cause that to happen. Do not get on my tail that hard for my own experience. I had a ps3 for a week so far, i used to play xbox.

Hyperbatong

i dont mean to pull you off your cloud here, but if you have 1.0-1.2 K/D, YES you are a noob regardless of what clan you have been leader in..

Nuk1014

Half the time I play, it's on 1-2 bars, yet I got it up to .86 and it's still climbing. Does this make me a noob? You can't generalize based on K/D when you don't know the circumstances for every player. For all you know, I could've let my brother (Who hypothetically sucks at CoD) get on for a day, and he got my K/D way down.

It doesn't work for W/L either, simply because of all of the times that I've been put into a game that's already over, with me on the losing side.

"Mostly idiots squating in front of you, blocking doorways or running in circles shooting in the air. Thats what noobs do"

I thought that was trolling, people like this are playing their own game within the game itself namely let's annoy the people who take gaming Too seriously, Although i do sympathise with you, calling the actions of this minority group of people "noob" is a little presumtuous don't you think?. Besides i'd like to think that if people actually are "noobs" as in new to the game/online gaming itself that a good/experienced gamer would help them improve their game with advice/tips rather than denounce/abuse them. Just  my thoughts, As you were Gentlemen.

DaShuk2381

K/D in this game is really subjective and really depends on your team make-up and the lag, especially in TDM. My K/D is only .92 but I'll have games where I go 30-5 or have nights where every game I am 25-10 with positive K/D, then a string of games where I barely break even depending on my team and connection.

Also what killed me was playing the game at release when it was absolutely awful. I think my K/D for the first 3 weeks of the game was like .40 which totally screwed me. No matter how high your K/D is, it's hard to get that average up if it was bad to begin with.

Having a certain K/D ratio though does not make you a nOOb lol. Most of the people with the really high 2-3 K/Ds don't really "play" the game anyways, they just camp every single map and are afraid to get out in the open and risk their precious K/D to win a match. One of the reasons I stay away from Domination in this game. Was my favorite game mode in MW2 but in MW3 people just flag/spawn camp to pump up their K/D ratio instead of trying to complete the objectives. Same with Kill Confirmed.

Bettis123 wrote:

In my mind, yes. Because they do not use more tactics to improve their game.

Hmmm: like rage quiting to preserve a high K/D

I try a majority of tatics to make my game improve, but this connection flaw causes me to be handicapped and play far harder then i need to, while others are half a sleep and drop me.

Sounds to me if you didn't early quit you wouldnt actually have a 2.0+ k/d

folks in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Ya might actually be a 1.5k/d if you stayed in.

r8edtripx

Bettis123 wrote:

In my mind, yes. Because they do not use more tactics to improve their game. I try a majority of tatics to make my game improve, but this connection flaw causes me to be handicapped and play far harder then i need to, while others are half a sleep and drop me.

Are you a camper?

vims1990

Not to sound rude but:

1st Problem: 43ms of ping is average

2nd Problem: You're playing on wireless internet

Also, host advantage does not exist in this game. The lag compensation system currently in MW3 punishes the host compared to previous COD titles.

Bettis123

I also have 0-very little packet loss. I don't know maybe lag compensation is killing me with the weaker connections.. i really have no idea how much worse connections are out there. I have not found many lobbies were i totally just jipped them in a gun-fight.

Im not sure if going wired would help too much either.. maybe make things worse.

My 43 ms ping spans about 150 mi's but i guess that is also average.

vims1990

Playing on wireless isn't as consistent as playing on a wired connection due to speeds/ping dropping etc.

Try switching to wired anyway

Im above a 2 kd but i find these noobs with 1.5 k/d or less destroying me every gun fight..

Also, I'd be vary of using K/D & noobs in one sentence.

Personally, most of the clan have under a 1.5 K/D & lower accuracy but they can still destroy me but I don't put K/D as an excuse for losing most gunfights.

Bettis123

You're right, i did have a couple friends under a 1 k/d and they were good players back when i had an xbox and played mw3. Most matches he played to my level if not better sometimes, sorry to get k/d and noob mixed. I just find that people with higher k/d know the game very well and find more solutions and fixes to help improve their game.

Bettis123

Well, since connection to call of duty will least likely ever get better, i mind as well just drop the game and become the nerd ive always wanted to be, related to routers, switches, and networking. Raging over something you cannot control will do no good.

scratch_1_more

vims1990 wrote:

Not to sound rude but:

1st Problem: 43ms of ping is average

2nd Problem: You're playing on wireless internet

Also, host advantage does not exist in this game. The lag compensation system currently in MW3 punishes the host compared to previous COD titles.

Prior to the latest patch I'd agree regarding the host getting punished in this game, however since the recent patch went live host advantage is back in full force. Just as it was in Black Ops, if not stronger. Every game I pull host since the patch has been heaven on earth, but I know for a fact it's only due to being the host. Soon as I'm not the Host and go up against the host with his 4 bar vs my 3 bar (post patch) it's like trying to beat the almighty himself lol. Prior to the patch pulling host was an absolute nightmare, horrid lag, shots not registering/first 10 bullets is just to alert the enemy of where you are, using whole clips to tickle your opponents etc  xD.

These posts got me thinking about my wifi I use at home... I'm gonna connect my PS3 and tell my wife to stfu, her apps on Facebook can shove it, and see if my connection for the game is better. I get shot around corners something FIERCE.

Also, I have a 1.6 K/D and about a 3.75W/L (about the same for my clan, varying a little lower or way higher for both) For me, it's all about the wins, so if you have to sacrifice your life for that cap, or to take the chance to plant the bomb, and die right afterwards but win in the end, that's how to do it. You can't have a 3.00+ K/D, but if you don't win, what's there to brag about? Your stats didn't help for shlt.

Bettis123

I will get out of my way to cap spots in domination or plant bombs, i am only complaining about how unfair gun-fights in this game is between a skilled player getting lag compensated and a player who is not as skilled getting the upper-hand. Its like having a world arm wrestling champion arm wrestling a machine used by a 8 year old.

I know that feel, brah. It's punishment for not having dial-up-like connections in Mexico. Those dudes are always ahead of me in the killcams lol

Bettis123

I can have a 2 k/d game all day with no lag compensation and putting my deaths on the line when getting spots, it just depends how many gun fights i can win in that game, and that is one thing that makes a huge difference with how well you can pick the other team off and killfeed to increase your k/d. And, at the same time, your w/l.

I tend to not party with groups because i quit out matches that i lose gun fights. If i win, then i can cap and try to win in many means nessecary, but if i can't quite simpily kill someone running straight directly at me while capping a flag, then it is pointless to play.

ThaiAssassin92

its probably the wireless connection. when i had a wired connnection, i always had a green connection. since i went wireless, about every other game would hit red, or psn would sign out, or other people start sprinting in place while i unload all my bullets into his head at point blank, mag after mag with an smg's and even lmg's , but i die in the killcam.

How do you know you are not getting any packet loss from your wireless with the PS3? Especially when the game uses UDP.

I love how people think that since they have a good connection with wireless they are good to go in terms of gaming. Wireless is NOT good for gaming! IMHO this was the biggest mistake in terms of consoles, adding wireless cards. Yes it is convenient but it Fs things up for the rest of us.

You rage quit 40 or 50 times a day? Your best bet is to sell this game. That means in 4 days ou rage quit more than I have loses.

math for you

you=rage quit

rage quit=noob

i'll take my 1.5 with a 330 spm and make you rage quit.......cause i'm the noob. 

Snipingdbag

psf4x4 wrote:

math for you

you=rage quit

rage quit=noob

i'll take my 1.5 with a 330 spm and make you rage quit.......cause i'm the noob. 

I approve of this message. Dasher getting pwned and asking, I'm sorry crying why. LOL.

I have a 1.3 KD and a 3.25 WL.  My game of choice is Domination but in TDM my KD is higher. 

You "rage quit probably 40-50 times a day" but because your KD is higher....  I'M a noob?!?

Something doesn't make sense here.

you know i have wondered about a weak modem being part of in game time lag,i can say this i have changed my modem 3 times each time a better modem and each time better game play ,but its like modems just get burned out after awhile idk thats my xp

BLACKDOG

host is always at a disadvantage due to lag compensation.

and people with a 1.5kd are not noobs they capture objectives and get kills people with a 2kd or higher are campers who dont help capture objectives cause they are scared of getting caught up in a gun fight

zvers

My overall K/D is 2.029. I capture objectives. I don't camp. Stop generalizing because you sound like a fool (maybe you are). These cliche's being spewed "Camper", "Glitcher" etc. sound like our political system today. It's full of stupid naive little children who can't seem to learn from there mistakes and use there intelligence. You might want to think before you word your post like that again. Unless....well, you know the answer to that!

Bettis123

Please, read my responces, i apoligized about judging on k/d because i know good players dont need to have a good k/d. W/l is probably the better category for defining a good player. I do not dash board, i have about 30 games under a 1 w/l ratio because the number of times i quit, due to getting burned from some type of host or lag compensation.

When i was playing with the host, say like 10 games, i was doing fairly well against the lobby i was with, about a 4 k/d within those 10 games and winning about 7 of the games. When i get a good k/d most times we win, unless my team has no reason to capture spots and just camp, that also effects my winning ratio as well. I partyd up with a guy i met, he looked about what i did, a low w/l ratio, we played togeather and i ended up with a 17 game winning streak with just the two of us. Until we encountered these 3 or so 5th prestiges and they even had lower k/d but a decent win/loss. I could not beat this ... 12 year old girl i guess it was lol, she knifed from a great distance and it seemed like my shots never registered one bit.

I was wreckless with my opening on the thread because i thought that people with a .9 k/d dropping me like nothing were just lucky noobs, but in reality they may be better then me.

Maybe if i played with a group and stayed with a group i could be better and have a good win/loss, even though my k/d would drop in the proccess because of the likely hood i get burned in many gun fights, despite using a gun like the type 95, which 1 shots, but depending on the player you shoot, take 3 or more.

I wish i could edit my main post, sorry to anger most of you, i am not a kid i am 18, a young adult and currently learning more and more about cod.

You know what I freaking hate? I shoot someone and that one shot there shooting at me they get a flinch and its a freaking headshot. Yet when all I can see is a guys head and I'm shooting it and I get hit markers it doesn't even count as a head shot. Also I hate how I am shooting someone and I get hit markers thinking there weak I go around them quickly hipfire only to die and the killcam showing me not even shooting them and there not even in the red.

Also another freaking rant is when I want to play a game it throws me in a losing game (sometimes games where the other team is 7000 and we have 2800). What makes them think I want to play that retarded match for 10 seconds only to have a loss? Also I hate when I get thrown in a game and I am already flashed banged before I can move or shot by an Attack Helicopter.

/rant

jwaller123

Bettis123 wrote:

W/l is probably the better category for defining a good player.

Also not the greatest way to judge a player. My w/l is horrible due to being a lone wolf and I think I am a pretty decent player. I know when to go for the objective and when to lay back, as do many others with a horrible w/l.

Bettis123 wrote:

I was wreckless with my opening on the thread because i thought that people with a .9 k/d dropping me like nothing were just lucky noobs, but in reality they may be better then me.

I  have a .98 k/d and have slaughtered players with a MUCH higher k/d. I also get my rear kicked by those same players. So yes, you were a bit wreckless to say the least.

Bettis123 wrote:

i am not a kid i am 18, a young adult and currently learning more and more about cod.

It is nice to see you are learning from your mistakes. Hopefully in the future you will not be as loose lipped as you were in this thread. 

Bettis123

Thanks, i hope that i can get a more fair connection some time in the future, so i do not rage like i did and base people on k/d and win/loss. Im not sure if plugging my ps3 directly hard line to my modem will solve the problem or not, or maybe directly to my router, or maybe a new modem is needed.

zvers

Point noted. My apologies for coming across as harsh but my patients is wearing thin on the same old "talking points" when it comes to "camping". On another note, Sunday morning and Monday my connection seemed perfect but yesterday was a complete disaster. I had the dreadful '1 second behind' syndrome. This is the first COD that actually gets me.....angry. I guess we all just hope that the reason why it's taking so long for them to fix this is that they actually had to do a complete overhaul of the programming. Let's just hope our money is being used wisely.

Bettis123 wrote:

Lobby after flippin lobby... i get handicapped in about every gun fight because my shots wont register and my opponent will always be ahead of me by at least one second.. half the time i can't even round a corner before i die. I use the best weapons i can like the mk14 type 95 acr to help improve my game.

Im above a 2 kd but i find these noobs with 1.5 k/d or less destroying me every gun fight.. and i rage quit probably 40-50 times a day so i can stand the game. I just wonder if anyone else feels the pain i go through, and is in rage with how jipped they get every match.

I tried barebones for a low frame per second game and less lagg, but i still don't win the gunfights i need to. I face people with a weaker gun.. a lower k/d.. and a lower accuracy but somehow lose? I face entire lobbys with this advantage and i am not sure what to do about it. I have time warner cable and road runner as my internet service provider. I have a 43 ms ping to my closest server, which i do not think is that bad. What could be the cause of this? Could it be my modem? I have a linksys router for my wireless internet.

it's the lag compensation that's in the game is the reason why this happens. I get hit with it bigtime. All this is that people with high speed internet get their signals slowed down and people with slow speed get a boost. That's why you will see yourself getting hit markers, they don't die, they kill you with one shot, and when you see the killcam you never got off a shot.

Thesandman

I have 31000 kills and 21000 deaths and have been playing COD online since W at W so i would object to being called a "noob" because i have a 1.45 KDr! To be fair the OP has tried to redeem his opening comments.

If you have a ping of 43ms then i doubt you are getting picked as host unless everyone else in the lobby is on a dial up, are you sure you are not just crap?

You want to try it with a 10ms ping, then you can moan and judge people.

I used to play with theater mode off so that the enemies would stop coming around corners so fast. I mean they came around so fast that i had no time to react but then after i watch the killcam it showed me that they were slowly creeping and i just ran up to eat some bullets...BULL ****! theater mode is ok now tho...at least a little bit better than before. This game is built to make noobs feel welcomed! It's something i've noticed Infinity Ward to favor doing since MW2 was rewarding noob tubers and campers.

Also people that care about KD alot should stay in TDM where camping, killstreak stacking, and KD actually help your team.

Objective based players that have around a 1 to a 2 kd is extremely respectful. I usually look at caps and defends 1st and then kd.