1 2 3 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2012 9:04 PM by Gerbera_Kai RSS

Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

Now I don't care that stealth bomber is in support. My problem is that there is seemingly no way to avoid it.

I've been getting used to hearing stealth bombers. But what's the point when there's nothing you can do? I've put down trophies, tried running into buildings, etc. but there's almost nothing to counter it.

And when I'm talking about putting down trophies, I mean I put them down AND I'm on the perimeter of the strike, yet I still die.

Again, I don't care that it's a support streak but all killstreaks need a counter. If I'm playing against people spamming stealth bombers, I'd like to adapt so they're not so effective. Unfortunately, I can't do that right now.

• 1. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

use an emp. sufficient counter for the stealth.

• 2. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?
    CowboySr

I live in buildings.

• 3. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

good for you, less for the team...

• 4. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?
    josh1073

funny i never have this trouble. ever think of staying away from your team?? staying were you can quickly get to a house and be in cover.

not being funny but it has been nerfed quiet alot since mw2 ive seen people run through stealth bomber strikes while ive been shooting them. a easy counter use a counter uav there are solutions but most people cba to look and want the game spoon fead

• 5. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?
    CowboySr

less what?

• 6. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

When I hear it, I watch the sky for it and try to run. I'm usually successful. There used to be a glitch with colorblind assist that would let you see enemy stealth bombers on radar. Now that that's gone, I notice that more people complain about stealth bombers now.

• 7. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

Most people seem to solely because it kills and they seem to think "Support Killsteaks" should all be non-lethal and things like that. They always completely overlook the fact that the Stealth Bomber's main purpose isn't to kill. Yes, it CAN, but racking up kills for yourself is not the point like Precision Airstrike is.

Stealth Bombers, on average, get maybe 1-2, maybe even 3 kills. Heck, quite often I see people get NO kills with it, even when used several times. If people are constantly getting 4-6 kills using it, then that's the OTHER team's fault for camping/fighting SO tightly packed together in places where they can be hit by the bombs, not the Stealth Bomber's.

The Stealth Bomber fits very well under Support because that's primarily what it does; supports your teammates by either clearing a path with the bomb run (either by kills OR forcing people to cover) OR by disorienting the opposing team and making them easier for your teammates to kill. You CANNOT compare it to Precision Airstrike, which the ONLY point of it is getting kills for yourself to build up for your next killstreak. It kills and only kills and nothing else, hence why it is in the Assault Killstreak category.

With the Stealth Bomber...

1.) The noise the Stealth Bomber makes right when it's called will usually make people...

A.) Look up towards the sky to try to physically locate it. While they're looking at the sky, they'll be distracted and be less aware of their surroundings, making them more vulnerable for your teammates to pick them off.

B.) Immediately try to take some kind of cover. This allows you to herd opposing players into a fixed location where they'll be somewhat trapped for your teammates to kill.

2.) Just being near the explosions, but not killed, will end up heavily disorienting opponents and deafen them for a couple seconds like a more severe Concussion Grenade. This will greatly slow down their speed and throw off their aim, also leaving them more vulnerable for your teammates to pick off when/if they locate them quickly enough.

So basically, getting kills is not the main/sole purpose of the Stealth Bomber like people seem to be under the impression of and it fits well in the Support category.

And no, I'm not a Stealth Bomber user either (I use Assault Killstreaks myself). People really need to stop with the whole "support should only be non-lethal" mindset as A LOT of "support" in real life is QUITE lethal...mortar/artillery fire...air support...chopper support...etc. If people still want to think that way, then they may as well take out the UAV and Care Package from the Assault Killstreak category, while removing the dropping of Care Packages from the Osprey Gunner, and move the former 2 to Support as they're both, by themselves, non-lethal, thus don't "fit" in the Assault Killstreak category.

• 8. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?
    the_fallen_pariah

Well Said! But probably falls on blind eyes... just saying.

• 9. Re: Stealth Bomber: Needs a Tweak?

I would agree with you on the patch-clearing part, but it stuns the hell out of your teammates, giving the enemy time to respawn and rush right back if you're all rushing. And speaking of support and assault killstreaks, I wouldn't mind having trap packages being part of the assault package as well. Right after I prestige, I hate using care packs because people will always try to kill you off of them, and because I overlap so many of them when i'm too close to the enemy to throw them.

1 2 3 Previous Next