27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 10:38 PM by JonnySixx RSS

Boosting Clans still got Clan XP AND Digital Badges!

I had bookmarked the clan page of a Clan that not only boosted but openly admitted to boosting and decided to check out their status today and I am appalled that they have not only gone unpunished but have been rewarded too. See the link below and check for yourself.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/93163

Its because of noobs like this they we all had to wait for our rewards, please guys complain about this. I am! PLEASE bump this if you agree and think this is unacceptable, ty.

• Re: Boosting Clans still got Clan XP AND Digital Badges!
    rwcgillam

Something happened to them because they are no longer listed as the champion, so that's an improvement. Probably just the people who were actually boosting got their scores removed from the top 6.  That's good enough for me.  

Personally, I'll just be glad when we get all our badges/points.  Still waiting on one.

Yes I see that they are no longer the champions but they have been given a gold and I would guess the 1000 xp that goes with it. Removing cheaters as champions but giving them a gold and xp is unacceptable they should receive nothing and some type of clan ops ban. This simply won't do, this it totally unacceptable. I've been very patient and supportive with Beachhead and this is yet another slap in the face. I'm losing count now of f#ck ups on Elite. Sort this F#cking s#it out please Beachhead this could be the straw that broke the camels back for me. Its becoming a rediculous & constant trend of 'Over promising and under delivering'.

QUEYA4LIFE

If this is true then this is very sad.  Everyone should be prepared for the boosting and cheating to continue.  Harsh punishments will be the only way to limit the cheating but there is no way to completely stop it.

rwcgillam

Evidently, there was no proof that the WHOLE CLAN was cheating, just some of the people on it. 

I know this is probably an unpopular stance, but as a clan leader myself, I know it's impossible to police every member of my clan.  I tell them no cheating, no boosting and hope they listen.  If I find out they are cheating/boosting clan ops, then I will remove them from the clan. 

The whole clan should not be made to suffer because some decided to cheat/boost.  Only the cheaters and the people in lobbys with those cheaters should be punished. 

Again, that's just my opinion and you know what they say about those.  I'm sure it's not a popular one.

TheBeastlyDude

I understand it is hard to police a clan but should you really have members in your clan that you can't trust nor know all that well. My clan has 37 people in it and I know they would not boost to win a clan op. It's how we recruited.

Those members who are boosting, they represent your clan and any boosting by members of a clan should disqualify the whole clan.

The best way to explain my thought mentality is to think back when Reggie Bush took money while at USC. Despite most of the football team had nothing to do with it, it was the whole USC team that lost the championship and placed on probation.

I do feel for those who are in clans with boosters but no one made them be apart of that clan. They decided for themselves to be in that clan and like I said, should be equally punished.

rwcgillam, you seem like a good guy, fairly respectful on these boards; what are you doing leading a clan with a bunch of people you can't trust?

rwcgillam

I didn't say I couldn't trust my clan members.  I'm sorry if you got that impression.  I do have people I don't personally know on the clan. By that I mean they don't live in my town or go to school with me.  Some of them I have played a lot with and some of them are friends of people I've played a lot with.  Before I invite people to my clan, I ask who they know in the clan and I check their stats and games played.  Our clan has a membership committee that reviews any request to join that make it through that initial stat check, in case they see something I misssed.

At least 5 of the people in my clan are people I didn't know until after they joined.  Now I would rather play with them than just about anyone else on my friends list, and usually do. 

To be clear, I am aware of no one in my clan who cheats.  If I found out they did, they would be gone.  No questions asked.  No second chances. 

I guess because I played a lot of baseball with a lot of teams, I have always had a Team Player mentality and hate to see the whole team punished for what one person does.  And my clan IS my team on PS3.

I understand what you say and I partly agree with you but on these games the cheating is reaching epidemic proportions and I feel that the only way to stem the flow is to come down hard on the cheaters and make the punishment so severe that cheating becomes not worth the risk. I also see what you are saying about not punishing clans for the actions of the few but maybe clans should be picking their members more carefully? Lastly there are people in 'that' clans top 6 scorers that boosted and that had 800+ captures last week but now have less than 200 so it appears that the boosters have still had their scores counted but on a reduced number. If you cheat you should be disqualified, there are still people who did a rediculous amount of boosting that are still being counted in 'that' clans final total so the message is 'boost its ok we'll still count some of your cheating we wont ban or disqualify you'.

I'm guessing when Beachhead said they would deal with these people and clans it was an empty promise just like 402 saying they would deal with ALL the prestige token glitchers. We are being told what we want to hear but its clearly lies.

rwcgillam

I can agree with you to some extent as well; however, if the person who cheats is not concerned with hurting themselves, they are not going to care about hurting other players either. 

Some of the people in my clan are friends of friends, but I don't know them personally. Even if I did know them personally, I can't control their actions.  I can do something if they are playing in a party or lobby with me and I can do something after the fact, but if they are not sitting in the same room with me or playing in the same lobby as me I have to trust them until I have reason not to trust them.   My clan knows how I feel about doing something that would affect the other clan members and I hope they respect me and each other enough to be honest.

I do think the actual boosters/cheaters AND the people in their clan playing in the lobbies with them who were aware they were cheating/boosting or helping them cheat/boost all should have been banned and their indivdiual stats reset. 

If that wasn't done, then you are right, it's not going to improve the situation because even if they are kicked from the clan they cheated in, they will just get invited to another one that is unaware of their history.

Beachhead are you there, I would love to hear ANY response on this. Please?

Im bumping this because I think people should be aware of this bs

GhosT_

eV!L #1 boosting in hardcore kill confirmed clan ops 6/29/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1aZmKvQqg&feature=relmfu

eV!L #2 boosting in kill confirmed clan ops 7/6/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dklnE04CM&feature=relmfu

eV!L #3 boosting in hardcore kill confirmed clan ops 6/29/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tb3wlLOi4&feature=plcp

GhosT_

eV!L #1 boosting in hardcore kill confirmed clan ops 6/29/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1aZmKvQqg&feature=relmf

eV!L #2 boosting in kill confirmed clan ops 7/6/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dklnE04CM&feature=relmfu

eV!L #3 boosting in hardcore kill confirmed clan ops 6/29/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tb3wlLOi4&feature=plcp

zero7272

Hey guys what i want to know is why do they do it is it that hard to play this game? does anyone have any suggestions on how we the comunity can better/prevent or discourage such behavior, has anyone notified BH directly about this?

The game has not even made 1 yr yet and it is really distastefull to see such poor conduct, i mean what the hell we know the game isnt perfect but it does have potential, fine the clan ops are nothing to brag about but sometimes it is better then just hoping on solo in the pubs and doing the usual it is a change that i greatly enjoy fighting for a goal, many of us have put blood clothes, calouses and soar thumbs into these ops and other decided that they'll boost there way up and still get rewarded even when caught.

Beach Head if you get a glimps of this we would like to know what is going to be done about it we understand it cant be stopped fine but when people/clans are still being rewarded for such blasphmey there must be justice, i beleave everyone here on this forum has there own idea of how we can do this, not all of them might be the best but you could at least get some basic idea. The best ideas sometimes come from a dumb idea.

If we all just bump heads then there is probably a better solution to this issue because appearantly your methods dont seem to work, no disrespect to you or what you do Beach Head but it is not working anymore. Guys if you have any ideas of how we can help the matter put it up here, Beach Head if there are any real gamers left amongst you please have a look give a response or take ideas from the com.

this is garbage. im bumping this everychance i get haha. i hope somebody does something, i know some iwenforcers moniter these forums to. what garbage. my clan usually place top 1000 in every op and we dont boost. but there will never ever be 1 op that isnt cheated in. no clan in mw3 willl ever get the chance to be true number one. ever. so what the F is the point in being in a elite clan.

i have a great idea. get rid of splitscreeners all together in online multiplayer. there isnt any reason why if for example your at a buddies house you cant recover your gt on their xbox. few will cry, but many more wont care because boosting will take a huge hit. no more splitscreeners online unless private match

ctrl-s

bump because clan ops is mis-named and broke as a joke.

Does this type of thing leave a bad taste in anyone elses mouth?

i really didn't know clans could boost. until i found out some players from the clan i got kick because i descover there bossting ways..ever since the 1V1 and 2V2 cameout the boosting masevly increased...But how did i found out i just saw there K:D increasing so i check there stats and saw they where doing 2v2 and doing split screen both of them and kill the players that has (1) becuase it won't hurt your K:D so on tbm they where 30 kills and 29 deaths so basically in total they get 69 per every 5 min and the clan ops last 3-4 hours now add that up now i see that they still get rewarded pisses me off i work hard on the clan ops K;D goes up and down and i play on all the ops and i found out they where F@#$ cheating they kick me out for that... dude i will support and help get this boosting crap what they desrve