1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 125 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 3:07 PM by BrokenBladez Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    rankismet

BrokenBladez wrote:

I just finished a couple games of Battlefield 3.  (No I'm not a big fan, just bought it 2 days ago because I was tiring of MW3)

Get this - I was somehow in a European Lobby against players from France and Germany.

There was no lag, no hitmarker issues, no player skipping... I didn't realize it until I checked out a few gamertags at the end of a 3 game session.  It was as smooth as the BEST connections I've gotten in MW3. (Which may or may not be a side effect of lag compensation.)

This seals it, dedicated servers or I'm not buying the next COD.  If Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3 can manage servers, so can COD.  It's absolutely garbage, and we as fans and players deserve better at this point.  People need to wake up, and start talking with their wallet, because that's all they care about - stop buying their garbage - find another game to play next fall.  (Namely, Medal of Honor: Warfighter.  I'm very excited for that now, very.)

Seriously, I've got nearly 700 hours in COD in the past 3 years. I personally dislike EA, but their game is undoubtedly better in every fashion connection wise.

Glad you had a great experience.

Mine has been 100% the opposite.

• 21. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    BrokenBladez

1 - Dedicated servers are not needed, its 6v6

2 - Gears have them because their P2P was flawed

3 - BF3 is awful, client side hit detection = dying around corners constantly, Higher ping larger advantage you get(up to an extent). People say around 100-150ping seems to work best for BF3

I've been in some games where i lag but i leave, vast majority of games it does not affect me

1. The number of players has nothing to do with it.  (Also, heard of ground war?)

2. And call of duty's isn't? Rofl, really?

3. You don't die around corners constantly in COD?  (This has happened in every cod I've played)  I don't share those same experiences at all, so far.  I've gotten around corners many times while droppin to less than 50%.

I don't really like the gameplay for Battlefield, but the connection superiority is undeniable.

• 22. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    BrokenBladez

Have you played it lately?  Most games do take a certain amount of time to get connection issues worked out. (Unlike COD, which hasn't sorted the issue in this game or BO.)

• 23. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.

Medal of Honor 2 the bastard child of COD and BF. BF engine and hit detection with cod size maps and fast paced gameplay. It is gonna be beast. Totally underrated. MW3 totally copied MOH 2010's point streak system. No OP guns or op perks or op killstreaks or op Lag comp. Can you say even playing field. Ok so MOH kill streaks can cause for a bit of spawn trapping but I'll take that over lag comp any day.

• 24. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    rankismet

BrokenBladez wrote:

Have you played it lately?  Most games do take a certain amount of time to get connection issues worked out. (Unlike COD, which hasn't sorted the issue in this game or BO.)

Nope... for a variety of reasons not limited to the lag issues.

I was extremely disappointed with the game.

• 25. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    CowboySr

This is the opposite of whats good. Please use cod engine and battlefield maps.

• 26. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    BrokenBladez

Well, at least you were honest.  If you play a game early in it's life, you can't really comment on connection later in it's life cycle.  It's common knowledge games usually suffer connection issues in the first couple months.

Game isn't nearly as fun.  That's what dissappointing... the connection is so good, but the gameplay isn't.

• 27. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    BrokenBladez

Well, you can't have cake and eat it too lol.  COD engine won't happen for obvious reasons, but if they could replicate cod like gameplay with (IMO) their better graphics, and connections, I think it'd be a winner.

• 28. Re: So, those against dedicated servers need to SIT DOWN.
    CowboySr

Wait, isnt this what I said?

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next