11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 6:09 AM by conman2010 RSS

COD typical Network problems!!

I am from germany. If I and my friends play on a host in France for example, the france players can see us much earlier than we can see them and mostly they can take too much headshots or bullet penetration till they die.

Thats very frustrating but Cod typical - same problem in Black Ops.

Never screamed on anger about killed by a noob on bad connection but 5 green bars?

What do you guys think about that problem?

• Re: COD typical Network problems!!
    zvers

I'm from the Midwest in the United States and the '1 second behind' lag is still a problem here too. Although I have noticed an improvement after the recent patch on PS3. If you are connecting to friends in France, one would think it would be like me in Chicago connecting with a person in Indiana. Maybe have your friends check there router set ups. I have a Netgear WNDr3700 and I had to change a few settings to get my NAT open for MW3. Never had to do anything for Black Ops. If all of your teammates have open NAT's it may help with the communication lag between you guy's. I am not an expert on MW3 MP lag issues so I will leave that up to a more knowledgeable person to give a final answer.

I play with people of many many nationalities and have no problem with people of different cultures etc I will say however that I do notice If I play with French or Spanish people that the connection is about as bad as it gets for me, i've been told by friends that it is due to them having bad internet speeds but I couldn't say so for sure as I don't know for sure. I like playing with my many many multi cultural friends but can testify that it is always a really bad connection when I play with people from those 2 countries which is a shame as I have friends in those countries and haven't had this issue with other COD titles although I have had many many other problems. I live in the U.K, have a wired connection of 10 meg dl and 1 meg ul with a DGND3700 netgear router.

Hi, we all have NAT open. Yes, it´s the "one second behind bug" we are talking about. Maybe the one and only solution are deticated servers. BF3 has´nt got the one second behind problem. A game expensive like MW3 could have deticated servers I think. Thank you for answering!

josh1073

not being funny but maybe is somthing to do with your web in germany?? i have noticed when i shoot a german gamer quiet often the first 5 shots dont regster on him just a idea because i notice this most with german,spanish,french.

We have the same problems when the host is too far away!! Most problems with french players. Maybe it´s the same for you if the host is a german player.

josh1073

But its funny because ive played against americans and even a few from finland and the lobby was fine. Thats why i think its something to do with how the internet is managed in germany,france,spain

And why the problem is´nt on deticated servers like in BF3 or many other PC shooters? F****** host and host migration. Cheap network playing in a very expensive game. How we can do clanops when the connection is unfair like that? A lot of people said the last COD ever. For a lot of my friends BO was the last COD ever.

And why MW2 has´nt got the same problem bad as MW3?!

We should'nt need dedicated servers because if made correctly P2P should work better.. if its coded correctly we should in theory all only be in local servers where there is'nt much LAG at all.. simular to COD4 .. this would wipe out the 1 second behind lag kills or insta-deaths as others call it..

There are other issue's with P2P though which i think has come into play especially on MW3. baring mind we have ELITE now so it makes sense to have big squads etc.. plus players see your Clan title and want to join.. now i maybe wrong BUT in using P2P in a Party with foriegn players may stretch the Localism.. i.e the party doesnt become local anymore..

imagine 6 players in your party.. now imagine they all live in a radius of say 50 miles (in a 50 mile circle) the lag would in theory be almost non existant to that party because they are all close to each other.. Now imagine 2 players who live in scotland, 2 in birmingham,1 in kent and 1 in cornwall .. the party is having to cope with a bigger radius on a P2P network.. now put that up against a party doing something simular in europe where you could have 3 from france,2 from spain and 1 in germany.. We would be left with a HUGE radius of a networked party going up against each other.. this is bound to add LAG to the equation.. and this is prob how dedicated servers would help..?

In theory though most of our friends who play online come from the same country as yourselfs which im sure is how the MW3 P2P network is designed for now.. but i have friends who live in holland but i live in the uk so if my party is full of 6 players with 1 being from holland.. the radius is then bound to include french and spanish.. i suppose even with a local only option ticked in the game, having foriegn players in your party will still include variuos nationalitys..

My gripe though is when i used to play COD4 (MW1) i played with foriegn players then and there wasnt a problem..? i used to play reguarly with Scotish players and my connection was fine.. i could play against german players and my connection was syill fine but 2-3-4 bars were actually accurate..? now 4 bars means anything..?

Some of my friends still dont have a problem playing MW3 who live in places like hull.. but i live near gatwick airport in the uk and i can honestly say that on BT INFINITY which is supposed to be great for gaming with blistering fast speeds is actually terrible for MW3.. i know about the lag compensation etc.. but this game should'nt be about that.. what this game should do is put slow players together and fast players together.. then again partys destroy that theory which will always happen i suppose..then it comes back to COD4 worked no matter what..?

Could it just be all the features added to MW3..? could it be that ELITE is here now..? why did B/ops also lag like hell before ELITE was introduced..? maybe its ADSL phone line broadband thats at fault but then why was COD4 brilliant..? for every question i can think of CoD4 is the counter answer which worked so well..? after 2 months of COD4 being released there was over 500,000 players online which is around the same for MW3 now although this still lags bad..? i think if there ws an answer to cure the lag it would have been done by now..

Just trying to also think why the XBOX has better networking for games like COD becuase i have had 1st hand of that and its true, i prefur the PS3 as a console and have more friends on there but Black Ops was so much better on the XBOX..? it could be in the uk over the last year most internets have improved which maybe in europe they might not have done.. hence infinity ward utilising lag compensation to the slower countrys... over here Virgin Media is up to amazing speeds now while BT INFINITY is reaching speeds of 40 meg/10 meg so i dont understand why there is LAG in MW3 when playing in england when i think of that.. all i know is Call Of Duty does'nt seem as enjoyable these days because in me having a faster connection im actually having less fun and dieing unexplainably and in a way that is out of my control or logical...?

You are right - the green network bars in MW3 and BO means nothing. You can ever have the one second behind bug in BO and MW3 with immortal enemies if you play with other countires.

Maybe it´s a question of internet attenuation of the bad DSL wires. Maybe thats the reason why playing on detivated servers is much better.

I think in network MW2 was a little bit better.

Frankie303 wrote:

You are right - the green network bars in MW3 and BO means nothing. You can ever have the one second behind bug in BO and MW3 with immortal enemies if you play with other countires.

Maybe it´s a question of internet attenuation of the bad DSL wires. Maybe thats the reason why playing on detivated servers is much better.

I think in network MW2 was a little bit better.

yea maybe my friend.. in my house i have dissabled every wire in the house .. my BT INFINITY is plugged straight into the master test socket with nothing else wired to it.. my exchange box is pretty local to me and mt internet speed is 38/8 so its up with the best in the uk.. but playing MW3 it means nothing.. ive had to slow it down to play successfully

conman2010

Im with you on this one man .... All other countrys apart from THE US  are imposible to play against unless u camp or walk about looking down sight constantly. I loved every other call of duty apart from this one ... seriously hate the lag issues on MW3 ... one big p-o-s.... I ALSO SEE 1000 PAGES OF GOOGLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS ISSUE .... DOES THIS GAME COMPANY CARE ANY MORE ---- NO --- ALL ABOUT THE MONEY FOR THE GREEDY SCUM BAGS