I think everyone needs to relax. The issue here is NOT that a lot of premium members are now founders... the issue is that Beachhead, Activision, and so on... have said absolutely nothing about it. We don't know if it was intentional, or a glitch. We don't know if original founders will be compensated or not. We don't know anything except there are a lot of extra founders now. I can see why founders are upset, but they have to understand why non-founders are excited. All I really want is someone from Beachhead or Activision to make some kind of announcement! Then, if you're upset with their announcement, I can understand all of this bickering.
I am a founder. If I was in a room full of founders I would not say this out loud, but since I'm at my computer, alone, and in no immediate danger of being attacked by an angry mob....
I really don't care if people got founder status. This is what I do care about.
1. Why are we being ignored? Can't you just tell us what's really going on?
2. Was this intentional? If yes, then all those people in my clan who are now Founders can leave the clan and rejoin and give us the founder points.
3. If it was not intentional, People need to know as there may be repercussions because you guys are quick to punish for exploiting glitches. Also, as a clan leader, I need to know what to do about people who join my clan thinking they are founders and therefore give founder points when asked (but since TIIC have gone underground, neither we nor they have a clue really if they are founders.)
Can someone just please let us know what is going on? Whether you call it Customer Service, Public Relations, or just plain common courtesy. If you guys didn't act like you were trying to hide something from us all the time, the fallout wouldn't be half as bad. Tell us the truth, let us gripe a few days, then most of us move on. Instead, you remain quiet while your customers speculate, theorize, criticize and complain for weeks until you finally decide to open your mouth (or operate your keyboard.)
Oh, and FYI: I have at least 2 people in my clan that are are supposed to be founders, but no longer have Founder status since this Founder Fiasco.
Let me clarify a few things for everyone.
1. I have a life thank you. My life does not revolve around CoD. I'm in college and have a scholarship and social life to keep so CoD is probably 4th or 5th in line...probably farther down than that.
2. I don't care that they awarded every premium, but it is only fair that those that followed the rules, paying back in November(especially the first week when real Founders cut off was supposed to be), should be given something for loyalty. When someone paid last week, their membership extends into next year's season of content. For those of us who paid in November, we have paid for four months of a broken system. If y'all signed up in March and are arguing that you are dealing with the same broken product, you haven't dealt with it for four months.
3. Elite was advertised and sold in November as a chance to gain a limited edition Founder's Status. It was pushed on consumers to buy now and get this or you would never have another chance. Many of us bought Elite early just so we could get this, and any other rare items they said they might push out as Founders' exclusive items. My problem is that they stated it would be finished at a certain point, and due to a glitch it has been awarded to almost all premiums.
4. Many of you aren't putting yourselves in the shoes of the other side of the argument. While there are a very small group of people stating they don't care and that they are Founders, most of you were just premiums that got upgraded and don't want to lose your stuff. I don't care if you keep it. But put yourself in the position of those who paid early. If this was a glitch, then we want to know and we should get something because we were told that we would be the only ones to have a chance at these items in the end. If it was intentional, then they blatantly lied to those Founders who were loyal and signed up in November.
As I've stated before, I don't care that premiums who have just recently become Founders have the items. They weren't amazing or anything. It's the principle of the matter. Elite was sold to many of us on the premise that if we bought early, we would be rewarded later. Now it seems that that is untrue. False advertising is false advertising, whether you like it or not. I'm not asking them to take away your items. I'm just stating that true Founders deserve some form of compensation because of this problem. It is only fair for our loyalty.