13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 9:01 AM by atiredoldguy RSS

Is it me?

Bettis123

Or does no one have lobbies with a 50 ms ping or less at all?

When i do its only very few people and they are all good.. because of this i get lag compensated or i faced people with skill levels higher then mine. This game is so harsh .

• Re: Is it me?
    Bettis123

I just love dieing before i get totally around a corner or their shots just somehow hit me every time.. this game makes me very angry lol.

ghamorra

Do what others do and throttle you internet so you can have the upperhand and cause everyone else to lag

Bettis123

The problem is, that even if i do stuff with my own lan, i still will be handicapped with the isp i have, because around here several people are on a single cable line, and it kills the quality of the connection. I got road runner and time warner cable as my isp.

Finally, someone is asking the right question. After all the threads about this gun, that gun, this perk, that perk, this game mode, that game mode, this tactic, that tactic, this map, that map, camping, rushing, patrolling, kill streaks, death streaks, akimbo this, OP that, blah, blah, blah. Finally, someone stops to say, "Maybe it's me."

Two thumbs up to OP.

To answer your original question, people that routinely get 50ms lobbies will probably be better, because they are used to getting faster lobbies where lag is less an issue. Meanwhile, us mere mortals that bounce between 75ms and 125ms will get so used to playing with horrendous lag, that when we actually get into a lobby where things happen with minimal latency, it's like the game is moving too fast for us.

Bettis123

Yea i totally agree, there is no balance in this game with connection and good players. I always get thrown into 75 ms or higher lobbies and get smoked when i should not be smoked, first shots, and my shots miss. They shoot, and there shots land on me every time. I don't want to base people on there k/d so i will say that they are like a lvl 35 unprestiged with like a .5 k/d and a w/l also near there. They shoot in one spot, and even though their sight is totally off me, they hit me.

If i go into a lobby with a good ping, i face great players, who know what to do, and team up. They have really high kd's and decent win loss with a high prestige like 11. They also tend to smoke me every time partly from experience but maybe their connections lan wise or isp wise are worse then mine because they know that very few people play in the 50 ping lobbies. Im not sure what to do. I know im a decent player, i got 10th prestige on xbox, and about 2nd prestige on the psn. Higher k/d and w/l on the psn but that was after the experience i gained on xbox. I have a low w/l because i sometimes get mad at the level of camping, or just the horrible lag compensation i deal with on a regular basis. Or else i will do well, and my team will be bad, so w/l is an hard stat to do by yourself.

I back out of the lobby if it goes passed 75 ping. I usually dont get in to many lobby's over that.

ghamorra

Mine typically goes "searching for lobby <50ms ping, 50 matches found" immediately to "searching for lobby >75ms ping, 50 matches found" and that's the one I join

Bettis123

Yea the general lobbies i go in are 75 ms or higher.. and the higher they go the more people you see teleporting, and you try shooting them its like trying to shoot at a bug.

jwaller123

thisguygotcha wrote:

I back out of the lobby if it goes passed 75 ping. I usually dont get in to many lobby's over that.

Was just gonna ask how many lobbies you go through on a night. Lol. I tend to get excited if I get a 75ms lobby. I seem to always be in the 100ms or more anymore these days.

I always get ping <50ms. Very rarely does my search go more than <75. This only happens when I have my ethernet cable connected.

When I use my wifi, so my wife can be on the computer, too, my ping usually climbs up to <125+, I can't host (when I do, it drops everyone in the lobby), I can't be the party leader WHATSOEVER, and I get randomly dropped from parties at any given time. Also, lag comp affects me to an even greater extent to such annoying instances where I will be shot around a corner while I'm 20 feet away from the edge, without warning.

It sucks, so I keep my cable plugged in as often as possible.

wridtrvlr

I do exactly what thisguygotcha does.

I'll go in and if it starts searching for anything higher than 75 ping I back out and start searching again.  I never play in a lobby that is  greater than 100 ping, I did it once and it was the worst game ever.  Had tons of Spanish speakers, prob Mexico, and I live in Colorado. 

My suggestions to everyone is to search for lobbies with <75 ping.  Anything higher than that and you are going to get those WTF moments.  If you have wireless goodluck, get a wired connection or get 100ft of ethernet to string across your house if your cable box is in the office. 

Normally I land a <75 ping lobby and the game play is near perfect.  I do notice that if I get into a <50 ping lobby the players there are ALWAYS tougher to beat.  Maybe better players or just a better connection to them, not sure. 

atiredoldguy

I too back out if it hits over 75. I seldom have to search more than a couple times to get in a 50 or 75 lobby. (ffa usually)